Sign in to follow this  
CitadelServers

Rentable Wurm Dedicated Game Server Hosting at CitadelServers.com

Would you mind answering my question about doing a NODE restart ticket please

#353889 - Rebooting NODE  Its been in open status for 2 hours..  

Edit: Thank you

Edited by razoreqx
Answered

August 2016 Special Offer

This mid-August we have a special Promotional Offer this Feburary

Order just 2GB of RAM for your Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Game server and get the 3rd GB of RAM Free!

Order your Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Game Server today.

level_up_free_ram_upgrade.png

Edited by CitadelServers

Signed up, have an issue, have premium support, still waiting. Thinking I should have saved me some money and not have spent on "premium" support. OR maybe I'm just missing something.

This mid-August we have a special Promotional Offer this Feburary

Order just 2GB of RAM for your Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Game server and get the 3rd GB of RAM Free!

Oh and the extra gig, you will have to remind them to add that free gig, still not sure if we got it yet.

Edited by Bulldog

premiumsupport is senseless. we waited 1 week to get our 3th server linked and often we wait 2 or 3 days for an answer.

Edited by Eject

Buyer Beware. Their claim with Premium is false advertising. It leads you to believe they are knowledgeable in the game you are renting from them only to find out the are anything but.

Save your money. When the "tech" tells you to check popular Wurm forums for help, ya that says it all. Pissed about wasting money on what I thought would be helpful and useful service. 

Any suggestions of wurm hosting that knows the ins and outs of the game and that helps? 

What sucks is that others will get sucked into their B.S. The premium support is so misleading. Have a group of players that were part of a server that has now shut down. It was decided to start our own but we are noobs in many ways.

I had to figure out how to get the custom map to work as well as an existing player db to keep our skills, but that may be causing some issues. Good ideas just lack of know how but learning. 

razoreqx took a look at what your doing, looks awesome! Some talent there and the plans you have are much like what I was wishing I had the know how to do lol. Take this game to another level. 

When you started your server did you ever have this issue <There are multiple login servers in the cluster, please remove so it is only one> Clueless and it seems so is CS but they have been clueless from the start.

Cheers.

Thanks for rebooting my clusters with no warning *sigh*   Please tell me you just moved my servers to a dedicated rack so I can stop bashing you for the 2k im paying you a year!

Edited by razoreqx

On 26/08/2016 at 5:48 PM, Bulldog said:

Buyer Beware. Their claim with Premium is false advertising. It leads you to believe they are knowledgeable in the game you are renting from them only to find out the are anything but.

Save your money. When the "tech" tells you to check popular Wurm forums for help, ya that says it all. Pissed about wasting money on what I thought would be helpful and useful service. 

Any suggestions of wurm hosting that knows the ins and outs of the game and that helps? 

Premium Support Instances are scheduled where we can assist in configuration\setup. We are not the developers of Wurm unlimited and as such the scope of support we can provide is limited to the scope of configuration of servers, we cannot assist with development of mods\implementing third party software that we do not currently support (We currently directly support Modloader, Mapviewer). We can assist with setup of multiple servers, importing custom maps\data. Wurm Game queries and queries of third party software should be directed at the developers of the software in question.

2 hours ago, razoreqx said:

Thanks for rebooting my clusters with no warning *sigh*   Please tell me you just moved my servers to a dedicated rack so I can stop bashing you for the 2k im paying you a year!

If you require support, please contact us directly

Edited by CitadelServers
  • Like 1

August Backup Feature Update

We have updated our Wurm backup system with improved interface, you can now directly select any backup in your backups folder and restore with a click of a button!

Restorations and backups can be scheduled at any time

wurm-restore-backups.png

I tried bluefang before citadelservers and it was a huge nightmare, really bad interface and got me to download sql stuff, swapped to Citadel Servers and can do everything in their control panel! Really amazed with the functionality they provide. The support they gave was extremely fast (under 10 minutes to reply to me) when i had an issue with uploading custom map. They fixed me up fast and I am having a great time with the server. Very stable and I am extremely happy with everything.

• Like 1

If I wanted to have a 4k map how much would a Citadel server cost me if my target population was 100 concurrent users?

On 16/09/2016 at 3:55 PM, Clatius said:

If I wanted to have a 4k map how much would a Citadel server cost me if my target population was 100 concurrent users?

We would recommend at least 3GB of RAM for a 4K map, if your resource requirement increases, you can always upgrade to 4GB or more in-terms of RAM

@CitadelServers Since you seem to be only active here- when do you plan on updating your social media or responding to your customers posting there and sent in tickets? 

At this very moment our login screen connection is *not secure*. Your customer service seems like something out of the second coming. When my friend and I first signed on with your team there was a constant supply of answers from staff when looking for support in your customer care chat. Now there is radio silence. 

Your customers are becoming restless. Just looking in recent discussion on the forum with anything in your name in it has gone from spectacular review to overly negative. 

My paypal recently locked me out because they felt like your charges were shady. While trying to get back into my account I find that I have been fined for this.  My friend and I wanted to come back to your team but with all of this bad juju going about it's not making me feel very comfortable about even sending you your last payment. I'm not even certain you're there or even have control of your site anymore. 

EDIT - I am including the error message for you to see about the login issue just in case you actually do care and haven't abandoned your customers. 

""The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem."

This is the error when logging in "An error occurred during a connection to www.gamecp.citadelservers.com:80. Peer reports it experienced an internal error. Error code: SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT"

Edited by pepofaec
Including error code

@CitadelServersI see that you have now disabled your customer chat. Congratulations on the even further decline of your customer service. 

I also see that you a. still have not replied to my tickets or posts (hopefully seeing how you frequent here to get customers you will see this) b. have now double charged me even though services have been discontinued.

I also see that you are still alive. You renewed your ssl certificate on Oct 19th and google tells me that you've at *least* edited your don't starve together page within the past month. So I can only assume that you're blatantly ignoring your customers.

Which brings me to my BUYER BEWARE announcement. I have contacted an individual who has ALSO been charged double who has been so distraught by your lack of attention that he's taken to your Facebook about it. You have had plenty of time to address this monetary foul. Normally I would raise an eyebrow just in case someone had a dispute with you because they had conflict with their personal beliefs on cost compared to what you have offered. But seeing how suddenly I've been double charged as well bright red flags have gone up and to boot you're not responding. 

Your silence will eventually ultimately damage your image shall you continue this. Come to your senses and start responding to your customers ON  YOUR WEBSITE. 

Until  then I will only add as a warning that I do NOT recommend this host. Recent history before this sudden absence and nonsensical charging was pleasant but it is absolute grief now. 

@pepofaec

Hi there, thank you for your report, we would appreciate it if you contacted us directly however via ticket, our current response times are typically within 10-20 minutes. Can you please pm us which ticket you are refering to and we will investigate any issue you are having and promptly resolve it? We have no wurm client tickets open as of right now. The correct link to us is the SSL secure link: https://gamecp.citadelservers.com - We have enabled HTTP again, however this is not recommended as it's not secure.

We do not offer live chat 24/7, at no point have we stated otherwise, often we offer this 4-5 days a week as sales chat and 1st line support, however all support is typically done via ticket as this is the best method to provide this. We never ask or demand clients to post feedback regarding our serivces so obviously negative feedback will typically always outweight positive from those few who have issues. Our website is fully secure as stated, the game panel now uses SSL only as this is secure and protects our clients.

The only way clients can be double charged is if a subscription is made by the client with paypal and they pay again and accept to creating another subscription, you have to agree to the subscription each time which clearly states that it will auto-bill you each month, it is not our fault if this happens, we refund all duplicate payments and advise any client that has created a secondary subscription to cancel the secondary subscription to avoid this issue. With paypal we cannot charge your paypal account, we do not have access to do this, we have no control over this and it is the client that must agree and setup a subscription. When a service is cancelled your subscription is cancelled by our system, that's the only access we have.

We hope this answers your queries, please let us know if there's anything else you require assistance with

Regards

Citadel Servers Team

Edited by CitadelServers

@CitadelServersSeeing how your login area is *still* not secure I'm requesting an alternative way to pay you my last payment. Opening a ticket involves your login area so I will not be making a ticket until the issue is fixed. 

I am also deeply concerned about the deletion of complaints on your facebook page. Hopefully you've contacted these people before "cleaning up the 'garbage'". 

I am still sticking with my guns. You have not made a LOT "clear" to your clients and frankly I'm tired of lack of upfront transparency. 

If you would like your payment pm me with your information. I don't trust logging into your insecure website. 

@pepofaec

I passed this on to one of our developers and the issue was an favicon using http instead of https:

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.citadelservers.com/client/cart.php?a=add&domain=register' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure favicon 'http://www.citadelservers.com/client/index.php'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

While mixed content poses no threat, we thank you for your report, This is now resolved and SSL is listed as secure again.

Edited by CitadelServers
  • Like 1

We just have the one issue with updating the maps and stats and hopefully you will fix this.

Anyway, for me u are the best hoster and i am glad to be a customer of your services =)

Maybe you can turn off the automatic abonnement payments, its hard to turn it off each month in my paypal account, because i like to pay manually in time if i have the money ^^

greets Eject

ps. responding time within 10-20 minutes is not really true ;-) 

I have been using Citadel Servers since October last year, had only minor problems with a few DDoS attacks directed at my server by banned players... but it gets resolved fast and Jeroen\Laura from there have been really helpful (Thanks guys!), any query i fire at them gets resolved super fast, would highly recommend these guys to anyone, never had a problem with billing via my card

If anyones thinking of getting a map that's 2048 by 2048 with mods, i would recommend at least 3GB of RAM, 2GB is never enough for a growing server, especially when it gets popular =)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TigerTen said:

If anyones thinking of getting a map that's 2048 by 2048 with mods, i would recommend at least 3GB of RAM, 2GB is never enough for a growing server, especially when it gets popular =)

Yeah, we are also using 3GB for the 2k maps. For the bigger cluster with 4k we updated to 5gb ram and use now round 80% from the RAM. Now all servers are running wonderfull.

Last but not least, thanks for fixing my stats and map problem, we are very happy.

Eject

Trying to install dietymanager and it requires me to run  serverlauncher.bat which I can find in the root directory of the file manager. Is there anyways I can do this? I submitted a ticket, just posting on here as well. Thanks!

if this is a mod for agos modloader, you have to start the server with the modlauncher.bat

Hey Citadel, do you support wurm clock mod? Want to use it work my server, want to know how to use it :D