Sign in to follow this  
CitadelServers

Rentable Wurm Dedicated Game Server Hosting at CitadelServers.com

I tried to find out the home address of this company. As far as I can see their website has no mail address, no phone or fax number, no names...  So I'm wondering: who are the people behind this?

(I usually get a little bit sceptical if a company hides like that. In Europe, at least, a full impressum is required, stating legal information like address, names of persons legally responsible etc. )

I decided to get my server hosted with Citadel Servers a couple of days ago as my old laptop just isn't up to the task. Their support has been great. I needed to import everything from my existing server including the custom map and my database and they were in live chat with me step by step until it was done.

This morning I asked them about supporting the Priest mod which comes with the mod loader and they installed it for me straight away. Great service, highly recommended :-)

We are proud to announce that we are now offering a new Game Server Hosting Location.

In Dallas, Texas in the United States!

12219379_436794079849082_346677272247324

Order your Dallas, Texas hosted Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Game Server Today.

O.o........ Dallas.... Might just have to change from Blue Fang. Felt alone trying to get my custom map working....well not mine but cmiddlebrook's lol. Still have about a month left with blue fang,

O.o........ Dallas.... Might just have to change from Blue Fang. Felt alone trying to get my custom map working....well not mine but cmiddlebrook's lol. Still have about a month left with blue fang,

We can support you to get your Custom map uploaded and working, we have already done so for many of our clients who want a custom world in which to call their own

A great service for me so far. Its been a great building block to host my test server and start building a starter town. Will probably stay with them after going public too as the game control panel offers pretty much everything you need to admin a WU server easily.
Uptime has been flawless.

Been using their solution to test my server and i will continue using them after going public with my server. No problems at all so far. Two thumbs up! I also started hosting my website and forums with them and everything is smooth for me so far! :)

- Zorac

How do you know how much Ram you will be needing?  I would like to know am I going to pay $7.00 a month or $70.00

How do you know how much Ram you will be needing?  I would like to know am I going to pay $7.00 a month or $70.00

Well start with 1024 and increase it when needed. You can see how much ram is being used by the server in the control panel and can also easily increase the servers ram.

Well start with 1024 and increase it when needed. You can see how much ram is being used by the server in the control panel and can also easily increase the servers ram.

I'm curious as to how many people are running the lowest price option of 1GB of RAM and how it performs with WU. or 2GB and the performance of that vs the 1GB.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Great service they help me get up Glasshollow fun server in few minutes with mods and my map...

Start with 1gb and if something get laggy just inprove ... normaly better to start with 2gb for bigest map size

Edited by Sila
  • Like 1

I did a some digging on CitadelServers.com and it appears to be a one man operation, working out of a house in Southhampton UK

Hi there, this depends on many variables, if your running the standard map (1024x1024) and have low player count\creatures and don't intend to use mods, 1GB of ram is perfectly fine, however if one of these is different we would recommend starting with at least 2GB of RAM to provide expansion space. You can upgrade RAM and other features at any time however

I'm curious as to how many people are running the lowest price option of 1GB of RAM and how it performs with WU. or 2GB and the performance of that vs the 1GB.

Any feedback is appreciated.

1GB performs very well for small servers with several people, no mods and the standard size map of 1024x1024, if your looking to have many players (20+) many creatures, larger map size or a use mods, we recommend starting with 2GB of ram, of course, you can always upgrade at any time.

I did a some digging on CitadelServers.com and it appears to be a one man operation, working out of a house in Southhampton UK

We are not a one man operation however we are currently  "sole trader" status and in the process of forming a ltd company as such our website is changing to meet this criteria

Edited by CitadelServers

November Special Offer

We have a special Promotional Offer this November.

Order just 3GB of RAM for your Wurm Dedicated Game server and get the 4th GB of RAM Free!

Order your Wurm Game Server today.

level_up_free_ram_upgrade.png

Edited by CitadelServers

ohhh too late for me now, i ordered the 3gb server 2 days ago =)

Citadel Servers is now offering Wurm Unlimited hosting! Host unlimited players on your server, only pay for the resources you use! We offer unlimited Player servers throughout Europe, USA and Canada starting at an affordable price of $7.60 | £4.99 | €6.72 per month. No Sqlite editing required, all settings are done through our control panel.

Order for a year and get 10% off your order!

I was wondering one thing - if someday I would decide to switch to another provider, to self-hosting, or just take a break all together (and no, this wouldn't negatively advert anyone since I plan to play all alone) is there any (easy) way to save / export my server and load / import it in a different place?

(this is also relevant for the very unlike case that something would happen with your servers / company)

We have a guide about how to import a gamemode\map to our servers, it's very easy and straight forward

Just an FYI, I do have a server hosted with them(Citadel, however as of right you cannot connect your server to another server.  This is according to a support ticket I submitted. 

The ticket did state they are working on it, as I do have another server I want to link to. 

I am using the 2 gig of ram for a 2048 custom map with 21k creatures with modloader and a few mods on it.

----FYI I was asked about how I went about getting modloader onto my server and what mods I am currently run so here we go

Howdy,

First off I put in a support ticket for them to load Ago's Modloader into my custom folder.  I used my custom map with a cleaned out database using Cmiddlebrooks video. 

Once the loaded the modloader.  You have to convert the 4 bundled mods if you want them from .disabled to .properties.  (Actually i loaded modloader on my home computer in its own folder and had it open since you will have to UPLOAD files into modloader after you edit it them on your computer. 

So i edited Filenames the 4 disabled fields to properties files.  Then opened them up and made my adjustments then upload them to the mods folder.  I would then click the four disabled ones in the server file manger and delete them.

Then any custom mods you want to add in that are AGO modloader MODS FOLDER in the server filename.  You will have to create folders for each mod IE  skillmod would have a properties files and then you would create a folder named skillmod,  Open that folder then open the folder on your computer.  Upload the contents from the same folder on your computer to the folder in server files manager.

Mods I use:

bagofholding
bigcontainersBAEAmod ****
bountymod  ****
bluktransportmod
creatureagemod
cropmod ****
meditatemod
nofatigue
prospectmod
skillmod
spellmod ****

harvestmod

**** = People love these mods on my server. :)

Edited by Drpox