Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Closed

Edit: Map file was deleted so closing this down.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 4

Oh that's nice. A problem I had is that when I put mountains in, they still got entirely covered by dirt unless I made the dirt height much lower than the overall map height. How did you manage to get the exposed rocks here?

Oh that's nice. A problem I had is that when I put mountains in, they still got entirely covered by dirt unless I made the dirt height much lower than the overall map height. How did you manage to get the exposed rocks here?

I just loaded the files in they are the same ones i used to make the server you see in the screenshot so i guess it must have been something you did if you run it through the WGen again.  

I did save the actions and it says i used..

DROPDIRT:1445707963136,475,60,40,56,5000    (so i used water level 475 and 5000 max)

Edit: I made the height map in worldpainter then used WGen by Ahiri to upload the heightmap to do the dirt work and biome maybe his version of WGen does something with the dirt that the others don't..idk

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

how do the ores get distributed when you make your own maps?  This is very cool and I like the design.  East to get to most places on those low land slopes

how do the ores get distributed when you make your own maps?  This is very cool and I like the design.  East to get to most places on those low land slopes

In the WGen there is a place that does the ore distribution for you although i have not checked to see if there is any really there.  

All you have to do to make these kind of maps is use worldpainter and export the heightmap then upload it in the WGen it will do the rest. I watched a video on how to use the worldpainter and it is easy to get maps going this way. 

I make my basic design then export the heightmap and look at it in WGen then go back and make changes in painter until i have what i like or at least what i think will work. (was a bit if trial and error but i got it to work)  

Edited by Kegan

how do the ores get distributed when you make your own maps?

Edited by Ricowan

Where is that version of WGenerator? When I load your map into Buddas version the cliffs are very different.

Where is that version of WGenerator? When I load your map into Buddas version the cliffs are very different.

• Like 1

you really like linden trees right? XD

nice map but just a bit to much of that kind of tree! ;)

you really like linden trees right? XD

nice map but just a bit to much of that kind of tree! ;)

yea they are my favorite for making forests i had a place on Xanadu in a linden forest and i liked the look of it. I guess you can load the action and heightmap into WGen by Ahiri and change the biomes to what you like.