Sign in to follow this  
SoulSnatcher

bone altar deleted

the bone altar was deleted. it was placed back but now isnt working anyone know how to fix this?

If either Altar has been deleted or destroyed then it's possible to create another using GM commands, (special/create), using an Ebony wand, (set player to level 5, restart server).

Note that when you create either altar it appears in inventory and cannot be dropped, so you must /suicide with the Altar in your inventory, then come back and bury your corpse, don't pick up the corpse or take the altar from it before burying of course.

It's actually not a bad way to move an Altar some distance, even GM pushing has it's limits, just destroy the old Altar, create a new one, and fly to the new location, suicide and come back and bury yourself.

Any time either Altar is moved or created you'll have to restart the server in order for the server to recognise where it is, since it only does this during the initialisation, don't think there's a way to manually update that.

Edited by Zenity

it does not work if you delete it and suicide make already did that a couple days ago.

No, the proper way to move it is to go to it, activate ebony wand, right click Item->tag item

Go to the new location, right click ground, summon huge bone altar. Once you delete it there is no way to get it back "came from Rolf's mouth in IRC"

• Like 1

No, the proper way to move it is to go to it, activate ebony wand, right click Item->tag item

Go to the new location, right click ground, summon huge bone altar. Once you delete it there is no way to get it back "came from Rolf's mouth in IRC"

This worked perfectly!!

I must be blind.

I also destroyed the bone altar, thinking I'd just be able to create a new one. I keep reading that it's possible, but what do I select in the list? I even tried a regular "altar" made of bone, but it looks just like a normal wooden altar.

If you deleted one of the altars, you can get it back by also deleting the other one and rebooting the server (if the server detects 0 WL/BL altars on startup it generates new ones). They'll probably spawn in different locations so you might want to move them with the tag/summon.

I ended up rebuilding the databases as I wasn't that far along anyway.

After that, I did try tagging and summoning, but found that if I got too far away (it seemed as though out of the area of influence was too far), summoning wouldn't work. I ended up flying along the ground backwards continuously right-clicking and summoning that way. It took awhile, but it was the only method that worked for me.