ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

Ago

Can someone tell me what files need to go where?    The hitching post is a bag.

I have opened the firewall port 8787 for the modloader

i have run the patch file on the WurmServerLauncher and renamed but I run in headless mode.    So i guess this step wasnt really needed for me.    I just run modlauncher.jar from the command line in Firedaemon pro.

I have the following files in the following paths and files. 

mods/serverpacks/hitchingpostpack.jar

mods/serverpacks/serverpacks.jar

mods/serverpacks/hitchingpost/hitchingpostpack.jar

Whats missing? 

is the serverpacks mod enabled?

You'll need

mods/hitchingpost/hitchingpost.jar

mods/hitchingpost/hitchingpostpack.jar

mods/hitchingpost.properties

mods/serverpacks.properties

hitchingpost.properties should contain

serverPacks=hitchingpostpack.jar

If you're using arkoniks code you can add the pack file to the serverpacks configuration the layout would be

mods/serverpacks/hitchingpostpack.jar

servpacks.properties must contain

Edited by ago

4 minutes ago, ago said:

is the serverpacks mod enabled?

You'll need

mods/hitchingpost/hitchingpost.jar

mods/hitchingpost.properties

hitchingpost.properties should contain

yes everything is setup according to your post and enabled.   Still showing a bag.  

I dont see port blocks on the firewall either.   

I had to add this, it was not there it was in the serverpack dir

Would this require a server restart? 

3 minutes ago, ago said:

yes. The packs are loaded on server start

Ok then i need to restart.   Thank you sir.    

Ok I have gone through the info provided Ago and Razor. 

Logging.properties added

Server restarted

Modified serverpacks.properties by uncommenting the #ServerPort=8787 line.

I now have the ability to create hitchingpost in Craftingwindow.

Only problem that remains is it appears as a question bag on the ground.

I have checked the list of files and placement Ago sent to Razor and all is in place correctly.

I did not see any errors in modlauncher.log. 

Only graphics.jar, pmk.jar and sound.jar in the WurmLauncher\Packs directory.

6 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Ok I have gone through the info provided Ago and Razor. 

Logging.properties added

Server restarted

Modified serverpacks.properties by uncommenting the #ServerPort=8787 line.

I now have the ability to create hitchingpost in Craftingwindow.

Only problem that remains is it appears as a question bag on the ground.

I have checked the list of files and placement Ago sent to Razor and all is in place correctly.

I did not see any errors in modlauncher.log. 

Only graphics.jar, pmk.jar and sound.jar in the WurmLauncher\Packs directory.

You installed and ran the patcher on the client with the client side mod loader?

Ago, when I want to edit one of the WU .class files I need to add the common and server.jar files. is that all I need to edit one of these modloader files or do I have to add anything else?

Nevermind, got it working

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody
  • Like 1

I don't think the harvesthelper MOTD is working ago. the /seasons command works perfectly and I have the bool for motd in the properties file set to true. This is not a game breaker for me. the /seasons is the most useful feature for that mod.

Thought I would let you know though.

13 minutes ago, Crustyfoot said:

You installed and ran the patcher on the client with the client side mod loader?

I did indeed. Is there anything client side I can check to see if things are downloading from server etc? I couldn't find a hitchingpost file anywhere on client.

In the client folder there is a packs folder. the downloaded content are Hex named jar files. example 051F4B05E53543C7A3C2858583BF5860A04229DF.jar

Ok, I don't have any hex named files in the packs folder.

Client has been patched.

Serverpacks.disabled renamed to serverpacks.properties on client

Does anything log anywhere? Would help with troubleshooting.

3 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Ok, I don't have any hex named files in the packs folder.

Client has been patched.

Serverpacks.disabled renamed to serverpacks.properties on client

Does anything log anywhere? Would help with troubleshooting.

Perhaps the servers dossy window. Did you leave the mods\hitchingpost\hitchingpostpack.jar in with the mods\hitchingpost\hitchingpost.jar ?? you don't move the hitchingpostpack.jar into the serverpacks directory. that is only for other packs.

you leave the hitchingpostpack.jar in the hitchingpost folder it should work.

I did leave it. Exactly matches the file list ago provided in his post earlier on the server.

3 minutes ago, Nappy said:

I did leave it. Exactly matches the file list ago provided in his post earlier on the server.

if both the hitchingpost.properties and serverpack.properties files are not disabled. Well I am almost at a loss for suggestions other than to propose the possibility of corruption somewhere along the line. I unzipped the download with 7zip. Perhaps you can try to re download the file and if it was not 7ziip you uncompressed the file with try that.

I can not think of anything more I can do to help you. I will have to step aside and hope someone else has the right answers for you.

Here are the entries I found in modloader.logging for the serverside:

[09:04:15 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod: serverPort: 8787
[09:04:15 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod: Added pack A0553A65523FE3159852CCAF022C54E021E81492 for pack mods/hitchingpost/hitchingpostpack.jar

This implies that problem is either client side or connectivity from client to server. I will try doing the patch on a second client.

Hey Ago, any way you could do up an example for adding a new creature and traits. I have been trying to ad a zebra for now but I keep running into problems. 
On the other hand I have been able to make changes to a mod and make it work through your modloader, so i think i'm getting close.

Anyway, if you aren't to busy this would be awesome.

Thanks

• Like 1

there might be something that breaks the handler for player logins if the harvest login message and the server pack announcement don't go through

is the pack message shown when connecting with an unpatched client ?

Ok, here's the update. Installed client mod on three clients. Third client receives the hash pm. None of the clients receive the file in the packs directory.

Going to try turning off mods later tonight to see if it works when only serverpacks and hitchingpost is enabled.

1 hour ago, ago said:

there might be something that breaks the handler for player logins if the harvest login message and the server pack announcement don't go through

is the pack message shown when connecting with an unpatched client ?

I just did this test for you.

with an unpatched client I received a pm tab "mod:serverpacks" with the hex names of the packs the server wanted to push out to me.

No season Motd was received.

patched client. No pm message. GM created hitching post. looks perfect. Normal crafted hitching post. Look perfect.

No seasons Motd was received.

Perhaps Nappy is having port trouble. Perhaps antivirus software is blocking the port?

For the Motd... well I have no idea.

17 minutes ago, Crustyfoot said:

with an unpatched client I received a pm tab "mod:serverpacks" with the hex names of the packs the server wanted to push out to me.

patched client. No pm message. GM created hitching post. looks perfect. Normal crafted hitching post. Look perfect.

Perhaps Nappy is having port trouble. Perhaps antivirus software is blocking the port?

The server need to have the port open.. I think its 8787   IF that isnt being translated or open it will not work.   FYI.    

If the client has a firewall it needs to have permission for that port or the application trusted ... etc.. 

lol posted in wrong post.  reading so many

i'm able to run my server with, deedmod, jpwm deeds, bulktransfermod,ebonywandmod,bagofholding,nodecay, skillmod,prospectmod,creatureagemod,harvestermod,bigcontainersbaeamod (had to edit that to allow new items in the game, moonmetalmiiningmod,mediatemod,cropmod,bountymod, and digto ground mod,  

all thoses work at the same time no issues.  but when i activate hitchingpost mod ,  I get the quick close blackscreen.  won't allow.  even ifi try only the hitching post mod alone.  also tried doing it in the client loader too.

not sure what i'm doing wrong.  love to use mod vs edit the server.jar and graphics.jar,    just need hitching post and creatures mod to load in your amazing loader, vs editing jar's

Try putting logging.properties into the dedicated server directory and start modlauncher.bat. This should create modlauncher.log and it should contain any errors that prevent the server from starting.

42 minutes ago, Crustyfoot said:

Alright, I did the login process in the debugger and had a nice face palm. The MOTD prints the *current* and *upcoming* seasons (like in one day). If all seasons take longer there's no message.

The problems with the packs may indeed be connection problems due to the firewalls. The option to select a port is disabled by default because a conflict would shutdown the server right away. But not selecting a port and opening it in the firewall will probably prevent the download. I'll add something to make the errors more noticable in the client (like in the event window). The logging capabilities in the client do not help much for the average user.