ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

Recommended Posts

On 3/26/2020 at 12:12 PM, Zera said:

So, I had installed the following mods to a server:

  1. ServerPacks
  2. HttpServer
  3. ServerMap
  4. HitchingPosts

Configured out HttpServer and started the server (tested this with only those 4 mods too by the way) and no pack was being sent. The Hitchingposts were showing little ? bags.

It wasn't until I removed ServerMap that the packs would be sent to the client at all.

Now mind you I hadn't changed anything within the ServerMap configuration file at all, I left it all default except for maybe uncommenting a the following:
 

  Hide contents
# ServerMap Mod configuration options
  # Remove the comment character '#' before the option you want to enable / change
   
  # always load the mod
  # Enable this to load the mod regardless of a servermap.properties file present
  #depend.ondemand=false
   
  # Add the serverpack with the map. Changing this to false will effectively deactivate the mod
  addServerMapPack=true
   
  # Render the map from server live data at server startup.
  # true: The map is rendered from server data
  # false: The map is read from pre-rendered images SERVERNAME/MAPNAME.png, SERVERNAME/render.png or mapdump.png
  renderServerMap=true
   
  # Select map renderer. Possible values are
  # shaded: renderer based on the internal flat map dump renderer
  # isometric: renderer based on the classic isometric map dump renderer
  renderer=isometric

 


Did you ever get the HitchingPost not displaying part fixed? I'm having the same issue myself, they show up as little mystery bags.

 

Nevermind, I got it fixed myself! For anyone in the future with the same problem, here's what I did:
- Installed Serverpacks-client (didn't realize I needed that). This didn't fix it by itself, but a necessary step.
- Updated all relevant mods (client and server modlaunchers, both serverpacks, hitchingpost, etc). Thought I'd updated them but apparently not.

Edited by Aurovere
Fixed own problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious, since updating to the ServerMap mod (ditching manual JAR creation), did the 920x620 PNG image requirements change?

 

My standalone PNG is delivered but now gets cropped to square:

VO2fjBP.png

 

Config is:

addServerMapPack=true
renderServerMap=false

 

Edited by Adambean
Added config.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an LMC with bag of holding cast on it from a few years back, but today I am trying to cast on it again and another new LMC and it seems LMC is preventing the spell.  Is this intended now, or can it be looked into?  I'd love a config file option that could enable/disable casting on LMCs and SMCs.

 

Edit: I did more searching and discovered in Server Tweaks, an option to enable GMs to enchant normally unenchantable items, but it still would not allow enchanting the LMC.  I had thought I might have possibly done that to get the Bag spell on it.

Edited by Wurmhole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2021 at 11:33 PM, Wurmhole said:

I have an LMC with bag of holding cast on it from a few years back, but today I am trying to cast on it again and another new LMC and it seems LMC is preventing the spell.  Is this intended now, or can it be looked into?  I'd love a config file option that could enable/disable casting on LMCs and SMCs.

 

Edit: I did more searching and discovered in Server Tweaks, an option to enable GMs to enchant normally unenchantable items, but it still would not allow enchanting the LMC.  I had thought I might have possibly done that to get the Bag spell on it.

I haven't been able to resolve the BoH casting onto magical chests, even with the Server Tweaks setting. However, Expand (from Spellcraft mod) does work and achieves the same purpose.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2021 at 8:13 AM, Batta said:

I haven't been able to resolve the BoH casting onto magical chests, even with the Server Tweaks setting. However, Expand (from Spellcraft mod) does work and achieves the same purpose.

Oh excellent!  I'll drop that into my mods list and give it a try.  Thank you for that useful info!  I hope Expand and BoH don't clash or stack.  I'll give it some testing and probably just have my users only use expand on magic chests, leaving BoH for all other containers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 Sep @ 5:49pm - In Wurm Unlimited Maps and Modding
I am trying to setup a private Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server and have run into problems.
1. Downloaded Steam Dedicated Server Files
2. Copied files to new drive under name Wurm Server
3. Downloaded WurmServerModloader.zip
4. Started Wurm Server Launcher and setup and ran Server. All OK sofar.
5. Extracted WurmServerLodloader.zip into root folder.
6. Hunted for patcher.bat file and ran it
ERROR
C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>set JAVA=java

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>if exist runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>if exist ..\runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=..\runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>java -classpath patcher.jar;javassist.jar org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar
Error: Could not find or load main class org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Help Please was so excited when I heard that it was available again
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kyisha said:
2 Sep @ 5:49pm - In Wurm Unlimited Maps and Modding
I am trying to setup a private Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server and have run into problems.
1. Downloaded Steam Dedicated Server Files
2. Copied files to new drive under name Wurm Server
3. Downloaded WurmServerModloader.zip
4. Started Wurm Server Launcher and setup and ran Server. All OK sofar.
5. Extracted WurmServerLodloader.zip into root folder.
6. Hunted for patcher.bat file and ran it
ERROR
C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>set JAVA=java

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>if exist runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>if exist ..\runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=..\runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>java -classpath patcher.jar;javassist.jar org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar
Error: Could not find or load main class org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Help Please was so excited when I heard that it was available again
 

 

Your pather.bat is likely in the wrong directory.

All files must be in the root folder of the dedicated server and you also must run patcher.bat in exactly this folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

everything is in neat little folders but it doesn't seem to like it that way.  I'm not skilled in coding to know which files I need to move outta their folders and into the root folder cause as I see it some are going to overwrite eachother (src folder, gitignore and pom.xml).  I remember modlauncher and patcher.bat, mods and a scripts being in the root folder but I don't remember how to get them there. I'm so confused my head is gonna blow up I think.

plz help me I really enjoyed playing this with hubby and friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG I feel like a dork I forgot about needing to find the file that says server - modloader XX.zip . TYVM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

question i hav having trouble with the prayer limits and faith gains on letting the server gain one faith per wait period

# true: Remove priest restrictions
# false: No effect
#removePriestRestrictions=true
# Limit spells to at most that much favor. A number below 100 will remove the need for linking with other priests
#favorLimit=90
# true: Allow a priest to cast all spells
# false: No effect
#allowAllSpells=true
# true: Allow a priest to cast spells from the same light. (i.e. Fo priests can cast Vyn and Mag spells but not Lib spells)
# false: No effect
#allowLightSpells=true
# true: There are no restrictions on the number of faith gains per day
# false: Only 5 faith gains per day are possible 
#unlimitedPrayers=true
# true: There is no delay between faith gains
# false: Prayers only yield faith if they are at least 20 minutes apart
#noPrayerDelay=true  

 

am i just blindly missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WolfHunt said:

am i just blindly missing something?

You need to remove the # on the lines that are configs.  Like this: 

# true: Remove priest restrictions
# false: No effect
removePriestRestrictions=true
# Limit spells to at most that much favor. A number below 100 will remove the need for linking with other priests
favorLimit=90
# true: Allow a priest to cast all spells
# false: No effect
allowAllSpells=true
# true: Allow a priest to cast spells from the same light. (i.e. Fo priests can cast Vyn and Mag spells but not Lib spells)
# false: No effect
allowLightSpells=true
# true: There are no restrictions on the number of faith gains per day
# false: Only 5 faith gains per day are possible 
unlimitedPrayers=true
# true: There is no delay between faith gains
# false: Prayers only yield faith if they are at least 20 minutes apart
noPrayerDelay=true 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Batta said:

You need to remove the # on the lines that are configs.  Like this: 

# true: Remove priest restrictions
# false: No effect
removePriestRestrictions=true
# Limit spells to at most that much favor. A number below 100 will remove the need for linking with other priests
favorLimit=90
# true: Allow a priest to cast all spells
# false: No effect
allowAllSpells=true
# true: Allow a priest to cast spells from the same light. (i.e. Fo priests can cast Vyn and Mag spells but not Lib spells)
# false: No effect
allowLightSpells=true
# true: There are no restrictions on the number of faith gains per day
# false: Only 5 faith gains per day are possible 
unlimitedPrayers=true
# true: There is no delay between faith gains
# false: Prayers only yield faith if they are at least 20 minutes apart
noPrayerDelay=true 

Thank you i been trying to get this and spellcraft to work for days!

Cant thank you enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, justnick said:

Can you do this multiplayer?

 

Sure. Wurm Unlimited is a multiplayer game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now