ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

Our crops aren't ready for harvest yet, but I'll let you know if they rot.

I just tested the crops and they do not grow to weeds unless a GM manually triggers the growth.

I've set the fieldGrowthTime for the server to 1 second and planted cotton. Within seconds they grew to the ripe stage and then remained at this stage.

I had a broken mod in that was preventing the mod launcher from launching properly.  Disregard!

I thought I read it here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now...

My in-game map correctly shows my custom map, except that it also shows stones of soulfall that don't exist in our world. What is the fix for that, please?

I apologize for asking again, as I know this has been answered somewhere.  I just couldn't find it today.

My wife's server had rotting crops. I checked the properties file and found that it is not filled in with the necessary lines. If anyone has a problem with rotting crops, just complete the properties file for the cropmod. This is from the 0.34 download.

Edited by Oberrill

10 hours ago, Batta said:

My in-game map correctly shows my custom map, except that it also shows stones of soulfall that don't exist in our world. What is the fix for that, please?

The client has a file in the graphics packs with the map markers for the two default WU server names Ocrea and Heavenord. The easiest way to get rid of the markers is probably to rename the map to something else: https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/wiki/Custom-maps#custom-map-name

You can also make your own markers by providing a mapunlimited.xml file in your server pack, i posted an example here:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ago said:

The client has a file in the graphics packs with the map markers for the two default WU server names Ocrea and Heavenord. The easiest way to get rid of the markers is probably to rename the map to something else: https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/wiki/Custom-maps#custom-map-name

When I look in that file, I see that the map name is set to Ocrea. But the server host also said I need to leave the server config setting to Ocrea, as "that just means the Creative server," even though he just installed my custom map for me.  I would like to ask him something useful about this, that might lead to my in-game map no longer showing the non-existent stones of soulfall...but I am feeling stretched to the limit of my understanding here, and I could use some help knowing what to even ask. 

Do I maybe need to know whether he renamed my custom map "Ocrea" or does that question make no sense. I don't want to irritate him with foolish questions. Or is there something better to ask a techie that would make my problem clear?  Perhaps I should refer him to the page you linked?   

My experience with people who understand this sort of thing very well is that they tend to speak a totally different language than I do, and my questions sometimes are not as direct and helpful as I mean them to be. Thanks if you're able to give me a tip about what to say!

@Batta, i cant answer to your problem and i know my suggestion is not realy for this thread, but...

come to pingperfect

2 hours ago, Batta said:

When I look in that file, I see that the map name is set to Ocrea. But the server host also said I need to leave the server config setting to Ocrea, as "that just means the Creative server," even though he just installed my custom map for me.  I would like to ask him something useful about this, that might lead to my in-game map no longer showing the non-existent stones of soulfall...but I am feeling stretched to the limit of my understanding here, and I could use some help knowing what to even ask. 

Do I maybe need to know whether he renamed my custom map "Ocrea" or does that question make no sense. I don't want to irritate him with foolish questions. Or is there something better to ask a techie that would make my problem clear?  Perhaps I should refer him to the page you linked?   

My experience with people who understand this sort of thing very well is that they tend to speak a totally different language than I do, and my questions sometimes are not as direct and helpful as I mean them to be. Thanks if you're able to give me a tip about what to say!

I don't know what host you are using, but in your server config file. Where you setup what your rates are should be a section for your map name.

You should be able to change that entirely without effecting the mode of play you are using.

Unless of course your host has something incredibly weird with their setup, it should be just fine.

If you aren't sure, backup your server first and give it a try renaming this setting in the file.

1 hour ago, Eject said:

@Batta, i cant answer to your problem and i know my suggestion is not realy for this thread, but...

come to pingperfect

I'm on Pingperfect, and I agree that they're great.  They are not the problem, it's me because I don't know what to ask for. I'm hoping someone here can tell me the words that will help a techie to understand what I'm wanting, or even to describe more accurately what the problem is.

Edited by Batta

1 minute ago, Batta said:

I'm on Pingperfect, and I agree that they're great.

Yeah, change the name.
That has no effect what-so-ever on whether or not you are using Creative or Adventure map.

Guys, I just need to know what to say please.  If I just say to them, "please change the name" then it means nothing.

Is the problem maybe that saying "Ocrea" in the map section of the config file causes it to somehow still use my non-Ocrea map while also doing something-something about stones of soulfall with the in-game map?  I need the words to explain it, but I don't understand this techie language.

Edited by Batta

The two maps that come out of the box with WU are named Ocrea (Creative) and Heavenord (Adventure). When the server sends those map names the client will show the original markers for those maps.

What you'll need to do (or tell them to do) is to change the mapname in the wurmlogin.db database. This can be done with sqlite3 tool in the database folder of the server (probably Creative\sqlite)

sqlite3 wurmlogin.db "update SERVERS set MAPNAME = 'Newmapname' where local = 1"

If the overview map is automaticly generated on server start then no additional changes should be required. Otherwise a few changes to the overview map may be needed to reflect the new map name.

I'm not familar with the pingperfect servers and how they did the overview map setup. The process of setting up the overview map is described in https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/wiki/Custom-maps

Edited by ago
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ago said:

What you'll need to do (or tell them to do) is to change the mapname in the wurmlogin.db database. This can be done with sqlite3 tool in the database folder of the server (probably Creative\sqlite)

Thank you, this is helpful.  Just to make sure, if we change the map name now, will it wipe the world we're already playing and make it go back to untouched land?  It's just the in-game map (the one that comes up when we press M) that needs changes, and it's actually showing the correct map in every way except that it still shows those 5 soulfall stones.

17 minutes ago, Batta said:

Thank you, this is helpful.  Just to make sure, if we change the map name now, will it wipe the world we're already playing and make it go back to untouched land?  It's just the in-game map (the one that comes up when we press M) that needs changes, and it's actually showing the correct map in every way except that it still shows those 5 soulfall stones.

it shouldn't wipe anything, the name is just that - the name. You will need to adjust your mappings in the serverpack and that's pretty much it.

1 hour ago, bdew said:

it shouldn't wipe anything, the name is just that - the name. You will need to adjust your mappings in the serverpack and that's pretty much it.

Okay, so I will ask them to change the name to (whatever my map name is.  Just says "rock layer," etc.) on both the config and the...dammit, I can't remember where. And they also need to "adjust mappings in the serverpack," right?  They'll know what this means, I assume?

adjust mappings is something you need to do (assuming you are using a custom map in your serverpack, if not you can ignore this)... 

in your mappings txt just change

map.ocrea = whatever

to

map.newname = whatever

2 minutes ago, bdew said:

adjust mappings is something you need to do (assuming you are using a custom map in your serverpack, if not you can ignore this)... 

in your mappings txt just change

map.ocrea = whatever

to

map.newname = whatever

So...if my map name turns out to be "Green Dragon" then I'd look for a mappings.txt file and then change the line to map.newname=Green Dragon ?   Also, how do I find out what my map name is? Would it be the name that I used when I saved the build from WGenerator?

Edited by Batta

1 minute ago, Batta said:

So...if my map name turns out to be "Green Dragon" then I'd look for a mappings.txt file and then change the line to map.newname=Green Dragon ?   Also, how do I find out what my map name is? Would it be the name that I used when I saved the build from WGenerator?

no it's the name that you give them. it should probably be lower case and without spaces as i don't think that would work, e.g. "greendragon"

and you change it to map.greendragon = [whatever it was before]

Is this a clue?  Does it perhaps mean that my map name is "main"?

Spoiler

C:\Pingperfect\Users\BattaW\15697>java -jar C:\Pingperfect\Users\BattaW\15697\mapviewer.jar 

Apr 10, 2018 12:00:43 AM com.wyverngame.mapviewer.MapViewer main

INFO: Loading config

Apr 10, 2018 12:00:44 AM com.wyverngame.mapviewer.MapViewer copyResources

INFO: Copying index.html to C:\Pingperfect\Users\BattaW\15697\mapviewer\index.html

INFO: Copying map.js to C:\Pingperfect\Users\BattaW\15697\mapviewer\map.js

INFO: Copying main.css to C:\Pingperfect\Users\BattaW\15697\mapviewer\main.css

INFO: Copying search.png to C:\Pingperfect\Users\BattaW\15697\mapviewer\search.png

INFO: Copying bg.png to C:\Pingperfect\Users\BattaW\15697\mapviewer\bg.png

Apr 10, 2018 12:00:44 AM com.wyverngame.mapviewer.MapViewer main

INFO: Loading map data

1 hour ago, Batta said:

Is this a clue?  Does it perhaps mean that my map name is "main"?

No your current map name is Ocrea ...

I'm not sure how to tell them what I want the map name changed to. Is there a place in the databases that might tell me? Or somewhere else?

5 minutes ago, Batta said:

I'm not sure how to tell them what I want the map name changed to. Is there a place in the databases that might tell me? Or somewhere else?

Just tell them to change it to whatever you want other than Ocrea / Heavenord. "GreenDragon" should work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bdew said:

Just tell them to change it to whatever you want other than Ocrea / Heavenord. "GreenDragon" should work.

So map.greendragon=ocrea  ?