ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

I've just noticed t here is no shut down button for the mod launcher, is this an oversight or something else?

I was wondering what you think of having something similar to the ModActions, to add Questions (in-game UI)?

The constructor of the Question base class is protected, as well as some of the utility methods, so it's not accessible from outside the package, or jar without setting the public modifier. The "id" seems to be an increment number that keeps track of unanswered questions by itself, though the question "type" (QuestionTypes class) should be unique, and probably be treated like the unique action entry ID. Though there's no List or Map to keep them, it's just fields in the QuestionTypes class.

It does work without a small framework, but it'll probably be much cleaner.

Edited by Ulviirala

53 minutes ago, Ulviirala said:

I was wondering what you think of having something similar to the ModActions, to add Questions (in-game UI)?

The constructor of the Question base class is protected, as well as some of the utility methods, so it's not accessible from outside the package, or jar without setting the public modifier. The "id" seems to be an increment number that keeps track of unanswered questions by itself, though the question "type" (QuestionTypes class) should be unique, and probably be treated like the unique action entry ID. Though there's no List or Map to keep them, it's just fields in the QuestionTypes class.

It does work without a small framework, but it'll probably be much cleaner.

Use this packaged, "com.wurmonline.server.questions". With this you can extend the question class.

Here is an example where I made something to set the server weather values: https://gist.github.com/Jase2z/d446f9bf6cd39c677e320b53f028de66

A way to generate non-conflicting question-ids would be good. I talked about it in this post somewhere ( I think anyway).

2 hours ago, joedobo said:

Use this packaged, "com.wurmonline.server.questions". With this you can extend the question class.

Here is an example where I made something to set the server weather values: https://gist.github.com/Jase2z/d446f9bf6cd39c677e320b53f028de66

A way to generate non-conflicting question-ids would be good. I talked about it in this post somewhere ( I think anyway).

I know, but you have to either at least make the Question's constructor public, or put your compiled .class file in the server.jar, otherwise you're getting an Illegal Access Error. Because you can't access it from outside the jar with the default access modifier, even if it's defined in the same package. It's not a big deal, but it probably would be better if it's done once properly, instead of having 2 dozen mods trying to fiddle with with the access/scope modifiers, I guess.

Edited by Ulviirala

17 minutes ago, Ulviirala said:

I know, but you have to either at least make the Question's constructor public, or put your compiled .class file in the server.jar, otherwise you're getting an Illegal Access Error.

No you can access them as long as your class in the same package, not necessary in the same jar. I use that in a few of my mods.

There are also some restrictions if the class is in a different classloader. You may habe to use the sharedClassloader option to ensure the mod lives in the same classloader as the server.

3 hours ago, ozmods said:

I've just noticed t here is no shut down button for the mod launcher, is this an oversight or something else?

I don't think we touch anything related to the GUI at all, the button is there for me... 0.o

What mods do you have running? maybe one of them does something weird?

bUpwH22.png

when I install all of your updated files , I lose access to ALL of my large crates I cant even open a BSB, I am not sure which one is bugging out, I tried adding all your updates and soon as I do, it makes no difference to the launcher I've even tried verifying integrity of cache for the default files on steam, and then repatching, same problem, if I use the default server the offlne button grey's out, as does the start server button, and the red shutdown is there as well. i'm not sure maybe you missed something when you uploaded it, I don't know this is over my head. i'm only telling you what is happening my end. i'm no programmer.

In your screenshot your server isn't started. The shutdown button appears when you start it (it replaces the rename/copy/delete stuff).

If start is grayed out - it means you need to run the update first before starting.

If you can't access crates and BSBs... that's probably a bug, either in some mod or vanilla, post logs :P (and maybe report it using the alpha bug report form too)

Added: There is also some error from the hitching post mod in your screenshot. I haven't tested it, might need to be updated, i'll look later.

Edited by bdew

disregard it's back now, I did a clean install, and a reinstall of the mod launcher, that's working now, now all I need to do is find out what is working and what isn't,

cheers

edit/umpteenth.
the conflicting file is wurmpacifist mod, so if the modder see this, it will need to be either disgarded or redone for 1.3

Edited by ozmods

5 hours ago, bdew said:

No you can access them as long as your class in the same package, not necessary in the same jar. I use that in a few of my mods.

I spent some time to reproduce it, define a class to be in package com.wurmonline.server.questions and make it extend com.wurmonline.server.questions.Question, and no... it will throw an Illegal Access Error exception. You can not just do that. You cannot access com.wurmonline.server.questions.Questions.ctor() from outside a different jar. The default access modifier does not allow it. You will have to make it public.

Edited by Ulviirala

2 minutes ago, Ulviirala said:

I spent some time to reproduce it, define a class to be in package com.wurmonline.server.questions and make it extend com.wurmonline.server.questions.Question, and no... it will throw an Illegal Access Error exception. You can not just do that. You cannot access com.wurmonline.server.questions.Questions.ctor() from outside a different jar. The default access modifier does not allow it. You will have to make it public.

Try doing what ago said

4 hours ago, ago said:

You may habe to use the sharedClassloader option to ensure the mod lives in the same classloader as the server.

4 hours ago, ozmods said:

edit/umpteenth.
the conflicting file is wurmpacifist mod, so if the modder see this, it will need to be either disgarded or redone for 1.3

It seems most of my mods are broken (darn bytecode alteration). I'm working on fixing them now.

• Like 1

unless they update I think most mods will be broken with 1.3. I wont even try till I find out they work.

INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down the server - cause: 
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.wurmonline.server.items.ItemTemplate.setContainerSize(III)V

Not sure why I am getting this, there is no compile errors, method seems unchanged....

Edited by Xyp

2 hours ago, ausimus said:

you need to add the meat types to the CreatureTemplate's.

Yep a new byte for meat material seems to be needed to complete the builder now, another update needed for the mod loader to handle this properly.

2 hours ago, Xyp said:

INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down the server - cause: 
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.wurmonline.server.items.ItemTemplate.setContainerSize(III)V

Not sure why I am getting this, there is no compile errors, method seems unchanged....

Are you compiling against the right jars? The signature has changed to return the ItemTemplate (instead of void).

2 hours ago, Xyp said:

Yep a new byte for meat material seems to be needed to complete the builder now, another update needed for the mod loader to handle this properly.

Err, I did it already. Or did i miss it somewhere else?

1 hour ago, bdew said:

Are you compiling against the right jars? The signature has changed to return the ItemTemplate (instead of void).

Err, I did it already. Or did i miss it somewhere else?

I was able to get creature mod running with no problems.

I completely dumped and reconfigured my build path. Having no compiler warnings or errors but all kinds of issues, getting pretty annoying lol.

Nevermind found the problem, I had some modsupport source loaded because there was some things I was considering adding due to it not being updated in so long, so I had old code issues. Sorry.

Edited by Xyp

if I use the "Christmas mod" along with the rest for 1.3 it starts loading up the server launcher and then immediately shuts down, if I disable it, launcher works fine, not sure if this is a bug or what it is, ?

3 minutes ago, ozmods said:

if I use the "Christmas mod" along with the rest for 1.3 it starts loading up the server launcher and then immediately shuts down, if I disable it, launcher works fine, not sure if this is a bug or what it is, ?

Logs?