ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

On 12/28/2016 at 11:15 AM, bigsteve said:

Something happened with the OP's main post that basically sends people on a wild goose chase, downloading a .zip that doesn't have all of the files for the modloader to work properly. I only managed to get it to work when I downloaded from the link you provided.

I also noticed that the mods provided with the server modloader don't come with .properties files and you have to find the contents on the github and create them. Why is this? What's the point of making people go to this degree? Just wondering what OP was thinking or if they even know how bjorked the situation is right now with their thread.

Currently wondering where to get CropMod and SeasonMod properties file contents, if anyone wants to share, I'd appreciate it! Not even sure I want to use them, just wanted to know where the properties files were and why they aren't on github (and why the only one that is, is the serverpacks properties file) or why they weren't provided with this zip. Really doesn't make very much sense at all unless the jars generate them and I did not have that experience.

21 hours ago, Roushi said:

Something happened with the OP's main post that basically sends people on a wild goose chase, downloading a .zip that doesn't have all of the files for the modloader to work properly. I only managed to get it to work when I downloaded from the link you provided.

I also noticed that the mods provided with the server modloader don't come with .properties files and you have to find the contents on the github and create them. Why is this? What's the point of making people go to this degree? Just wondering what OP was thinking or if they even know how bjorked the situation is right now with their thread.

Currently wondering where to get CropMod and SeasonMod properties file contents, if anyone wants to share, I'd appreciate it! Not even sure I want to use them, just wanted to know where the properties files were and why they aren't on github (and why the only one that is, is the serverpacks properties file) or why they weren't provided with this zip. Really doesn't make very much sense at all unless the jars generate them and I did not have that experience.

Let me explain what I believe the reason for this is.

If you have a working server it's nice to not have to worry about constantly redoing configuration files when a modloader updates if the only change is within the mod jar files and not within the configuration of the mod (the .properties files). 

Recognizing that the majority of server owners likely fit that criteria Ago has created a download file that has no configuration files in it so that as a server owner you can perform an in-place update of the mods contained in the server mod loader without worrying about it messing up your configuration.

For those who are using the modloader on their server for the first time his approach is for you to go download the individual pieces that you want and updated the configuration files that are contained within.

It's actually a courtesy to the people that use the modloader that he does it the way he does. 

One thing that would be a little touch nicer, is having a single file that contains all property files etc that a server owner could download if they were bringing a brand new, unconfigured server online.

To get the specific files that you are looking for. Go to the download area, look in latest release and work backwards through the releases until you find the one with the named mod that you want (cropmod for instance) and then download the zip. Extract the .properties file, move it to the mods directory for your server, update the configuration of that file and then restart your server

Edited by Nappy

Edited by Elsa
Found the issue

The problem is the link in the main post goes directly to only listing the christmas mod which is not very helpful to the newcomer who then has to try to figure out githubs weird interface and go to /Releases.

This was made apparent to me when others showed the link https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases

And the link that is featured in the main post goes to /releases/tag/version number which doesn't show any of the properties files for the mods or their downloads, it only shows the christmas mod!

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.21.1

The 'releases' link should be used and yes I agree with the aforementioned, leaving the properties files out of the initial modlauncher download is beneficial for saving preconfigured files. Just this small confusion is what has many people pulling hairs.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2017 at 9:55 PM, Stimpy said:

While ive got you here, can you explain to me how to create spawn points for all the factions. I was told I need to place a guard tower before the settlement and that I need a new GM for each settlement. I set faith on each of them to a different god. placed a tower and then the settlement. The villages show up in the teleport menu with # and none are anywhere near water. Once ive placed them I log in with a standard toon and only one of the settlements for WL and BL show up in the menu on the setup screen. Also when placing the Light side guard towers with each of the different GM's the guards that spawn for them are all Freedom isles guards instead of MR JK and so on. Ive never set the server to Home server either. The DB file also shows 0 for home server. Any clue as to why I cant place All the factions settlements.

Changing the religion of the character is not the right way, you need to change the kingdom.

How does the harvest helper work? Ive tried typeing /seasons but it says unknown command 

2 hours ago, Dazza23 said:

How does the harvest helper work? Ive tried typeing /seasons but it says unknown command 

have the configfile the ending .properties or .disabled?

have you also installed the client modloader?

The folderstructure should be:

*[Mods]

**[Harvesthelper]

**harvesthelper.properties

In the properties file check:

enableSeasonsCommand=true

enableSeasonsMotd=true

Eject

Edited by Eject

22 hours ago, Eject said:

have the configfile the ending .properties or .disabled?

have you also installed the client modloader?

The folderstructure should be:

*[Mods]

**[Harvesthelper]

**harvesthelper.properties

In the properties file check:

enableSeasonsCommand=true

enableSeasonsMotd=true

Eject

Yea its all set up ok, when i log into game it says olives will be in harvest soon down i the event screen, but thats it so far, just one brief message when i logon, typeing /Seasons doesn't work.

Is this still being worked on? Have not seen an update in some time. There are some things I would like to see added to make some modding easier, just curious if I should start customizing the mod loader myself or make suggestions.

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 5:39 PM, Griffith said:

/seasons

not capitalized

Yea i have tried it all lowercase still i get unknown command, if its working for others then i guess its something wrong with my installation.

It works perferct on my servers. in this case, maybe your installation s wrong, i dont know why the entry message works but not the command

On 31.1.2017 at 4:24 PM, Xyp said:

Is this still being worked on? Have not seen an update in some time. There are some things I would like to see added to make some modding easier, just curious if I should start customizing the mod loader myself or make suggestions.

no idea whats happen with ago :) the link to the modlauncher is still wrong, maybe he is in holday ^^

I dont get it I went threw all the steps to get the hitching post and I can make one but it shows up as a bag with a ?.

Do I have to do something on my client to get the hitching post to work?

I put in the serverpacks cropmod and hitching post with the respective properties file and it all seams to work but the image for the post is not showing up in my client. just a silly burlap bag with a ? that I assume is a placeholder for a missing model. My other clients one my LAN and my friends from the NET can make it also just we all see this bag.

Edited by LightedShadows

2 hours ago, LightedShadows said:

I dont get it I went threw all the steps to get the hitching post and I can make one but it shows up as a bag with a ?.

Do I have to do something on my client to get the hitching post to work?

I put in the serverpacks cropmod and hitching post with the respective properties file and it all seams to work but the image for the post is not showing up in my client. just a silly burlap bag with a ? that I assume is a placeholder for a missing model. My other clients one my LAN and my friends from the NET can make it also just we all see this bag.

Have you set-up serverpacks on  the server properly???

Also serverpacks on the client has to be enabeld too.

1 hour ago, bigsteve said:

Have you set-up serverpacks on  the server properly???

Also serverpacks on the client has to be enabeld too.

TY So much I installed the serverpacks server side but did not install it on the client side as I did not know there was a separate one. I have it now TYVM 

fair warning: this does NOT work on the alpha. if you got into the alpha, do not use.

36 minutes ago, coffeene said:

fair warning: this does NOT work on the alpha. if you got into the alpha, do not use.

I've sent AGO a message about this, last night he hasn't been on site since Jan 3rd, so i'm not sure when he will receive,

I'm working on a version for the alpha...

Speaking of which, where the hell are the sources for modloader-shared?

It looks like it was split off from the main code in this commit, but the sources aren't in the project or anywhere else i could find.

Edit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljpfhail0q79nvo/modlauncher.jar?dl=0

Here's a drop-in replacement for modlauncher.jar that works (for some values of "works") with the alpha.

For now, I just fixed the classpath in the manifest.

In my test server it loads correctly with some mods, but crashes with my full set of mods from my server. I'm currently investigating whether it's a bug with one of the mods or the modloader itself.

Use at your own risk, blah blah blah.

Edited by bdew

great i'm glad to hear something Is being done, as for the programming side of it, don't look at me lol, i'm a complete dummy when it comes to that stuff

Wow man you work fast, i will test when i am home tomorrow, fantastic work, cheers

Hi all. I'm not dead but for the last 3 months there was no need for an update besides the christmas mod. I've requested an alpha key so once I've got that I can try bdews changes and all the mods.

bdew, thanks a lot for the quick fixes!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ago said:

Hi all. I'm not dead but for the last 3 months there was no need for an update besides the christmas mod. I've requested an alpha key so once I've got that I can try bdews changes and all the mods.

bdew, thanks a lot for the quick fixes!

it's odd playing vanilla WU but I've been playing WO for a while so I'm kinda used to it. so far what I've seen from this alpha and WO are almost the same, still haven't gotten a main base to work out of to do real tests as the alpha messed up and I have to restart from scratch. I did make a world with all skills maxed though but didn't have enough time to do much. take your time, I'm probably going to test the vanilla features first before testing with mods.

@bdewThanks for the alpha build. 

@ago Nice to see you around again.

Now I can start working on fixing my mods :)