ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

1 hour ago, bdew said:

Are you sure your network/firewall/etc. is correctly set up?

When connecting to your (i guess) main server i'm getting theese 2 packs:

http://104.230.141.144:8787/packs/D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A

http://104.230.141.144:8787/packs/A0553A65523FE3159852CCAF022C54E021E81492

But the server doesn't seem to be responding on this port?

Nevermind, it did load, just veeeery sloooowly. Looking into what's going wrong.

Looks like it was a version mismatch of serverpacks mod on the other server, talked to razor in game.

Also what looked like unresponsive packs web server was because of a relatively big pack (29mb) that took a while to download.

Because the web server is single threaded - it will backlog all new connections while sending out data. It could probably be changed to use a thread pool or something to send the data. Not sure if it's a big enough issue to be really worth it.

it would appear when i copied the files over the wrapper had the file locked for /mods/serverpacks/serverpacks.jar for that particular server cluster.     Replaced that file with the new version with a restart and the issue has been resolved.   Thanks bdew!!

As for the serverpacks  and the 29mb, I will have an issue in the near future.   I have 2.6Gb of new 3d models to add and this will require the patcher to point at a CDN so it doesn't impact the server bandwidth.   With this single threaded server constraint I might end up with a packaged client but still trying to find out if this is in violation of the EULA.

Edited by razoreqx

I'll take a look and may switch to a different http server code. The maven build will make it easier to add additional libraries.

Another option is a caching http proxy that handles the download requests and only forwards the very first request to the mod.

• Like 1

Sorry see next post needed some better clarification.

Edited by Xyp

On 5/20/2016 at 0:49 PM, razoreqx said:

As for the serverpacks  and the 29mb, I will have an issue in the near future.   I have 2.6Gb of new 3d models to add and this will require the patcher to point at a CDN so it doesn't impact the server bandwidth.   With this single threaded server constraint I might end up with a packaged client but still trying to find out if this is in violation of the EULA.

I have thought about making a configurable windows app for installing ago's client mod loader and required files that server admins could offer as downloads on their site, something a little more for the less tech savy, and would also make things like this a little less painful for admins like yourself that will have huge amounts to download, it is hard to stream that. 

It is not at all that the server mod loader push method isn't great, Ago did a great job with that, but for larger mods like this, I think a client updater made for the server would work better.

Please give me some time on this, if anyone would like to collaborate or contribute let me know. There is a lot I want to get right with it, 1 I want it to be configurable for server admins to the needs of their server (make a package), but it also needs to have a "default reset" button so players can reset their client to default should they want to play somewhere else.

This would make the EULA a non issue, as it would not be packaging the client. I would think we may not want to go that route.

all good points.     Look forward to what you come up with.   Id love to start adding in all my asset packs.

I will do what I can, it is something I want to do. I have not used any client mods on my server because I feel like it is just a little to complicated to set up for the average casual gamer. This tool would make that quite a bit easier if I can get it to work the way I want.

What I want to have it do is the player launches the app, it finds their install location (which shouldn't be hard there are some methods to find steam install folder), Player then hits a install files button, which copies the required files to the appropriate places, then when finished a patch button pops up that runs the patcher and done. On the home screen of the app there will be a restore client button that would remove the mods from the client, allowing them to play on other servers without problems.

I will also check with some friends see if they have some free time and might want to help with this.

Same issue.. So I resorted to packaged bundles which auto extract into the correct folders.   Every patch i update the pack.

Just make the zip file executable.

Of course if they dont have WU installed on the same drive or path this will obviously fail

Hello, i am having trouble setting this up on my own server, i downloaded the servermodloader and followed the instructions on the first post, however after running the patcher.bat the new WurmLauncher-Patched does not appear.

I used the 'latest' download for the server-modlauncher 0.19 (and later added serverpacks in case that had something i was missing)

When i run the modlauncher.bat it runs something and vanishes almost immediately (unsure if that is intended or not, just posting it to give as much information as i can)

When i run the patcher.bat it does come up with a filesystemnotfoundexception (looks for a server.jar of which there is none) and asks me to press any key.

I am currently unsure if modlauncher is supposed to add the server.jar or if i am supposed to have that from elsewhere, as the server has been running for a while without any problems it 'seems' to not be part of the default unmodded setup.

It feels like it should be easy, i just cannot figure it out. 

Anyone able to help?

I guess you dropped the modloader files into the wrong folder.

server.jar is core of the wu server and is either present in the "Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server" folder or the "Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher" folder. You extract the contents of server-modlauncher-0.19.zip into the same folder.

Ah yup, that would be it. For some reason when i read the initial post i assumed dedicated server folder actually implied the folder of the server itself, rather than the folder named wurm unlimited dedicated server. I can sometimes do stupid things like that.

Thanks a lot, it works fine, now that i followed the instructions correctly :)

Already loving the action timer tweak! great work on these

Edited by Kalum

The following things do not seem to work with the VehicleFacade

createPassengerSeats

setSkillNeeded

setMaxSpeed

setCanHaveEquipment

They all give the method (insert here) is undefined for the type VehicleFacade. I am using 0.19 version, and I have checked the files they look defined to me so I am really confused.

Was trying to make new creature mounts and not being able to create the driver seat is causing some issues with that hehe.

Can you please post the server.log? At least the start where the modloader and the mods are initialized and the part where the exception occurs.

If this happens at compile time please provide the relevant piece of code.

Thanks Ago, I tried to find out why this was happening before posting but to me your setup looks fine, it is strange everything else works but these 4.

Here is the code:

public void setSettingsForVehicle(Creature creature, Vehicle v) {
	  VehicleFacade vehicle = wrap(v);
	  vehicle.setUnmountable(false);
	  vehicle.createPassengerSeats(0);
	  vehicle.setSeatFightMod(0, 0.7f, 0.4f);
	  vehicle.setSeatOffset(0, 0.0F, 0.0F, 3.0F);
	  vehicle.setCreature(true);
	  vehicle.setEmbarkString("Ride");
	  vehicle.setName(creature.getName());
	  vehicle.setMaxDepth(-0.7f);
	  vehicle.setMaxHeightDiff(0.04f);
	  vehicle.setCommandType((byte)3);
	  vehicle.setSkillNeeded(19.0f);
	  vehicle.setMaxSpeed(40.0f);
	  vehicle.setCanHaveEquipment(false);
	 }

Here are the errors:

The method createPassengerSeats(int) is undefined for the type VehicleFacade

The method setSkillNeeded(float) is undefined for the type VehicleFacade

The method setMaxSpeed(float) is undefined for the type VehicleFacade

The method setCanHaveEquipment(boolean) is undefined for the type VehicleFacade

Edited by Xyp

Do you have an old modlauncher.jar in the projects build path?

I just pasted the code into the creaturemods Zebra class and there were no errors.

Pressing F3 in Eclipse on for example setSkillNeeded would directly jump to the defining type. That way you could easily check from which jar the project imports the VehicleFacade wrapper.

Oh good grief thanks, that's what I get for staying up all night, I had the source loaded >< which was overriding the jar.

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.20

Version 0.20

AnnounceMod

• Do not announce GMs by default (option announceMaxPower)

Modloader

• Client and server mod loader share more code
  • Mod properties are loaded from mods\modname.config as well Those files are not included in the zips and remain intact when updating a mod. Use those files to store your own changes instead of editing mods\modname.properties
  • PlayerMessageListener has a new method that receives the chat window title as well
  • PlayerLoginListener also has an onPlayerLogout hook
  • Added ServerPollListener that is called in every server poll loop (about once per second)
  • Added ChannelMessageHandler to receive Village, Alliance and Kingdom messages
  • classpath in mods\modname.properties can contain glob patterns like libs/*.jar
  • Like 1

Thanks for the hard work Ago. The modname.config seems a bit confusing and takes some simplicity away, but that may be just looking from the outside I need to load it up and check it out first. This is tested with the beta branch?

3 hours ago, ago said:

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.20

Version 0.20

AnnounceMod

• Do not announce GMs by default (option announceMaxPower)

Modloader

• Client and server mod loader share more code
  • Mod properties are loaded from mods\modname.config as well Those files are not included in the zips and remain intact when updating a mod. Use those files to store your own changes instead of editing mods\modname.properties
  • PlayerMessageListener has a new method that receives the chat window title as well
  • PlayerLoginListener also has an onPlayerLogout hook
  • Added ServerPollListener that is called in every server poll loop (about once per second)
  • Added ChannelMessageHandler to receive Village, Alliance and Kingdom messages
  • classpath in mods\modname.properties can contain glob patterns like libs/*.jar

Thanks ago!  

Hi everyone!  I was wondering if someone could help me out a bit.  A couple of the mods supplied with the ServerMod pack are acting a bit wonky. 

CreatureMod

I know the other version of the creature mod had issues with "white foals."  I had read in a post there that the version provided in the server mod fixed that issue.  I've bred three different foals now, and even though they each have different names, they are all the same color.  Mothers have been harlequin painted or pure white and the father was the generic grey, but the foals have been chestnut with black feet and manes.  Is this still a known issue? Or did I mess something up?

ServerPacks

Additionally, I've had an awful time trying to understand the bits and pieces for setting up a custom in-game map. I've tried the directions of a few posts I've seen around here but I still get the infamous red X.  Does anyone have a "custom server map for dummies" sort of tutorial with some detailed explanations and/or directions?  Any help would be most appreciated.

And, lastly, thanks for all your hard work with these mods, Ago.  They've really deepened the experience my group has had with this game.

There is a how to post for the map to get it to work, i have the link at home, but as I am at workmi can post it.

dont forget to add a line with your jar file to the serverpacks.properties

example, my map/foldername from my server is named "necropolis"

i created a map with the name necropolis.png and put the file into the map folder

in mappings.txt i wrote 

map.necropolis = maps/necropolis.png

saving the mapfolder with the graphic inside and the mapping.txt as necropolis.jar

it looks like:

necropolis.jar

-maps

--necropolis.png

-mappings.txt

in the serverpacks.properties i wrote

serverPacks=necropolis.jar

Restart the server and it should work, dont forget you also need the clientmodloader

i hope this helps

Eject

Edited by Eject

I dunno. I wish it did. I still get the default freedom map. 

I think it was your previous set of instructions that you posted that I used as well.  I remade the entire jar and such, but still no luck.  Does the customserver.jar go in the serverpack folder? or does it go elsewhere?  Currently, it's inside my serverpack folder.

I can't get it to work either. Am I editing the wrong place in the wurmlogin.db ? I went to SERVERS and at the end edited the MAPNAME:

mapname_sgl.jpg

(the 2nd server is a neighbor, it does not matter if I have that one in there or not)

The mappings.txt looks like:

mappings_txt.jpg

No go, I get the default Freedom.png ingame.

It does not even matter if I go into the graphics.jar and add the png-file to the Testmaps folder and then edit the mappings.txt in there. Such as this:

mappings_graphics.jpg

Still no go - I get the default WO Freedom.png.

What does work is if I go the wurmlogin.db - Change the MAPNAME to Ocrea and then edit the mappings.txt in graphics jar to:

mappings_ocrea.jpg

This workes, nothing else does. (?)

32 minutes ago, Jukken said:

I can't get it to work either

Your setting look OK, check that the files are actually named and placed correctly in the pack file. Some things might be case sensitive, so check that too. 

Also check client console - it should show that it downloads/activates the pack. Might also show errors that would give a clue to why it doesn't work.

Also make sure you are using the latest version of client/server mod loader and server packs mod (on both client and server). There was a backwards-incompatible change a couple versions ago, so mismatched versions will not work.

If all else fails - PM me your server info (assuming it's publicly available) and i'll try to take a look and do some troubleshooting over the evening.

15 hours ago, Jactin said:

Does the customserver.jar go in the serverpack folder?

Yes.

30 minutes ago, bdew said:

Your setting look OK, check that the files are actually named and placed correctly in the pack file. Some things might be case sensitive, so check that too. 

I've tried both case-sensitive and not, still no go.

The png-files are there...it workes if I set

map.ocrea                = gui/testMaps/Ereb.png

but not

map.ereb                = gui/testMaps/Ereb.png

(And change the database accordingly)

This is the server-pack the client has downloaded after connecting to the server:

downloaded_pack.png

Also check client console - it should show that it downloads/activates the pack. Might also show errors that would give a clue to why it doesn't work.

Also make sure you are using the latest version of client/server mod loader and server packs mod (on both client and server). There was a backwards-incompatible change a couple versions ago, so mismatched versions will not work.

These are the files I downloaded:

server-modlauncher-0.20.zip

serverpacks-client-0.4.zip

(can't find a server 0.4)

If all else fails - PM me your server info (assuming it's publicly available) and i'll try to take a look and do some troubleshooting over the evening.

Yes.

It's only on my test-server atm, I'll put it live when/if I can get this thing to work...