ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

nwm, my bad.

Edited by DiWorm

Seems odd. Which mods do you run? Could Steam have updated the server while it was running?

The method Player.setStudied(int) has been added with the 1.4 update. A mod could possible patch or replace the Player class in a way that it's lacking the new method.

Edited by ago
  • Like 1

Any tips on how to debug a mod with ModLoader and Eclipse?

My understanding is that:

1) the patched launcher .exe launch the patched server.jar which then put the jar of my mod in its execution space.

2) Usually you use 

java -Xdebug

To launch a jar in debug mode. But here we have an .exe that launchs server.jar and pass options to it.

3) I'm not sure how to configure Eclipse to debug my code inside that environnment ( 1) and 2) ??

You can add the debugging parameters to LaunchConfig.ini

server=y means the server is listening for incoming debugger requests

suspend=n means the server starts and you can connect at any time to the running server, suspend=y means the server is waiting for the debugger before it starts the main method.

This is the LaunchConfig.ini from the client but the server uses the same scheme

Spoiler

[Runtime]
OverrideDefaultJavaPath=false
JavaPath=
[Memory]
InitialHeap=512m
MaxHeapSize=2048m
[VMParams]
JvmParam0=-XX:+AggressiveOpts
JvmParam1=-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=localhost:8000,server=y,suspend=n

You can then attach from eclipse with a "remote java application" debug configuration. Use "Standard (Socket attach)", host localhost, port 8000.

When using the actual hostname you can even connect to servers running on different hosts. But you'll have to configure the firewall to let the traffic through.

Adding -Xdebug to the LaunchConfig.ini may work as well but I've no experience with it.

Edited by ago

I ended up adding the required stuff in ModLoader.bat.

I can debug/set breakpoints for both the server and my 2 mods from within Eclipse so I'm happy :) 

I am getting the following error.  I can't figure out what is causing it. I am running the latest modloader from today.

org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:312)
    at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startDB(WurmServerGuiController.java:1319)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain.main(WurmServerGuiMain.java:101)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:30)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)
    at PatchedLauncher.main(PatchedLauncher.java:20)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$1$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:55)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:302)
    ... 20 more
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.startRunning(Server.java:854)
    at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer$1(ServerLauncher.java:119)
    ... 26 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.wurmonline.server.items.Item.isTileAligned(Item.java:14047)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.VolaTile.addItem(VolaTile.java:1975)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.VolaTile.addItem(VolaTile.java:1935)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone.addItem(Zone.java:1905)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone.loadAllItemsForZone(Zone.java:2427)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.createZones(Zones.java:1778)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.<clinit>(Zones.java:278)
    ... 28 more
[04:32:17 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: 
Wurm Server Shutdown hook is running

I have disabled all mods and I still get the error above.

20 minutes ago, Jayren said:

I have disabled all mods and I still get the error above.

The error happens after the launcher is loaded and about to connect to steam.

There is a item in the database without a matching item template. This can happen if you disable a mod which added an item. So far there's only the option to re-add the mod in question or manually delete the problematic items from the database.

the modsupport.db contains the item ids:

SELECT * FROM ids;

22767 ITEMTEMPLATE ago.hitchingpost  
2147483647 CREATURETEMPLATE mod.creature.panda  
2147483646 CREATURETEMPLATE mod.creature.zebra  
2147483645 CREATURETEMPLATE mod.creature.ocelot  

ITEMTEMPLATE

jp.clayremoval.decaybed

If you've identified a mod which is not in use anymore you can delete the items from wurmitems.db

DELETE FROM items WHERE 'templateid' = 22766

!!Make a backup of the server folder before changing the database!!

Edited by ago

ok I have cleaned up all my missing item template errors.  I also see the following error:

[09:06:36 AM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.WurmId: Failed to insert idnums into logindb! Trying update instead.[SQLITE_CONSTRAINT]  Abort due to constraint violation (UNIQUE constraint failed: IDS.SERVER)
java.sql.SQLException: [SQLITE_CONSTRAINT]  Abort due to constraint violation (UNIQUE constraint failed: IDS.SERVER)

Then after the Launcher finished error I get the error I posted above.

edit:  The above error has been resolved.  Removed the Record in the wurmlogin.db that is was complaining about.

So now just getting the error after server launcher is finished.

Also note that this seems to happen when the unpatched launcher is run as well.  So might not be an issue with the modloader.

Edited by Jayren

Lets rephrase this:

There was an item (e.g a hitching post) created

There exists an entry in the item database for this item with an item template id for the hitching post

The server is started unpatched or without the mod

The server finds an item with an item template id that is now unknown to the server

The server crashes as soon as it tries to access the item template

The only options right now are to remove the items from the database or to readd the mod

• Like 1

I removed az fist without the above errors so I can't be positive but at least in my case the server just removed all enchants from the picks and they were fine otherwise.

ago,

I am not sure if you are responding to my posts or to Xyp.

I have removed the items that reference the missing Templates.  So no other errors on launch other then the one after the Launcher finishes.  Here is an error I get when using unpatched launcher which is slightly different.

Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1774)
	at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(FXMLLoader.java:1657)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:49)
	at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
	at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Node.java:8411)
	at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Button.java:185)
	at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(ButtonBehavior.java:182)
	at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:96)
	at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:89)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:218)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:80)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:54)
	at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
	at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3757)
	at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Scene.java:3485)
	at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1762)
	at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2494)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:352)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:275)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$355(GlassViewEventHandler.java:388)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:389)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:387)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:555)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:937)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.lambda$null$50(GtkApplication.java:139)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
	at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:71)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
	at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:275)
	at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1769)
	... 60 more
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at com.wurmonline.server.Server.startRunning(Server.java:854)
	at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java:119)
	at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startGame(WurmServerGuiController.java:1221)
	at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startBtnClicked(WurmServerGuiController.java:141)
	... 70 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.wurmonline.server.items.Item.isTileAligned(Item.java:14047)
	at com.wurmonline.server.zones.VolaTile.addItem(VolaTile.java:1975)
	at com.wurmonline.server.zones.VolaTile.addItem(VolaTile.java:1935)
	at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone.addItem(Zone.java:1905)
	at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone.loadAllItemsForZone(Zone.java:2427)
	at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.createZones(Zones.java:1778)
	at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.<clinit>(Zones.java:278)
	... 74 more

It seems it's the realtemplate. Please check for items with realtemplate > 1306

select * from items where 'realtemplate' > 1306

select templateid, name, realtemplate from items where realtemplate <> -10 group by realtemplate

there's also a chance that there is an item with realtemplate pointing to a removed item template. Bulk items and liquids seem to use the realtemplate. Maybe a azebatan axe in a bulk storage.

If you can't find the item then please send me the wurmitems.db and modsupport.db.

Edited by ago

seems I have 135995 records returned with select * from items where 'realtemplate' > 1306

356 records for select templateid, name, realtemplate from items where realtemplate <> -10 group by realtemplate

Edited by Jayren

correction:

select * from items where realtemplate > 1306

Without the quotes around 'realtemplate'.

Ok I found it.  Removed the seafloor mining item and it now launches. 

I am now getting the error someone else reported. 

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wurmonline/server/CounterTypes

I will review the earlier posts on how to address that.

Thanks for the help.

weird I didn't have this mod enabled.  I restarted the server and the issue went away.

Thanks again.  Our players will be happy we can finally upgrade.

The UpkeepCosts mod doesn't work on my production server but it does on my test server.

I have all the same mods loaded.  When I try to run with the mod loaded on prod I get the error

org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wurmonline/server/CounterTypes
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:312)
	at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java)
	at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startDB(WurmServerGuiController.java:1319)
	at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain.main(WurmServerGuiMain.java:101)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:30)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)
	at PatchedLauncher.main(PatchedLauncher.java:20)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wurmonline/server/CounterTypes
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:763)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:642)
	at javassist.Loader.findClass(Loader.java:377)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager$1.findClass(HookManager.java:107)
	at javassist.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:309)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:411)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	at mod.wurmonline.mods.upkeepcosts.UpkeepCosts.onServerStarted(UpkeepCosts.java:169)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ServerHook.lambda$fireOnServerStarted$2(ServerHook.java:45)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.Listeners.lambda$fire$0(Listeners.java:35)
	at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:890)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.Listeners.fire(Listeners.java:33)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ServerHook.fireOnServerStarted(ServerHook.java:45)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$1$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:56)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:302)

Not sure why you don't get the error on your test server but the mod is borked so I don't recommend trying to run it.

This is the thread for that mod:

Yeah I had some issues a while back which was self inflicted.  

Hopefully the mod will get updated.

So I actually get that same error on the test server.  However, the Server stays running.  Production server does the shutting down thing as soon as it gets that error.

I recopied the mod folder from prod to my test server thinking maybe I had something on prod and not on test, but it still runs fine on test.