ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

One note.  Make sure your users stay connected long enough to get the modpacks before restarting.    They'll get a CRITICAL message in the console the next time they reconnect.    

I added this and several other graphic packs and all seem to be working fine.    Its also nice to link the modpacks on your server forums for those users that just dont seem to be able to get complete downloads via the server.    Gives them more options.. Just have them drop the packs.jar files in /pack directory and it works fine.  

Hope that helps...

FYI still working on getting you some graphics to play with.   Trying to drop the poly counts and make them look "normal"     I hate Java btw ) 

hitching post working for me finally ,lol  but the criiter mod,  lets me summon them by name, but the models showing cows for panda bears, and just white horses for zebras,  plus can't change traits to custom horses only basic colors.   opps not in demo

wasn't sure if i should be doing anything to the client  dir  to load up, I think i placed in the dedicated server folder right.  or do i put the demo mods in /mods/server/ ?

lol i screwed up something hitching post graphics a ?bag again. and tryied many things  can't get animals graphics. seems that the mod works as everything is added in to the server, but my graphics won't see it.  I'll try to edit my graphic file, but of course thats not what we want , as updates will kill it

Edited by validate

I should note that the graphics need the most recent client modloader (0.2.1) with the client serverpacks to show. And models that were rendered before the packs were completly loaded from server will probably not be rendered with the new model since there is currently no way (or i don't know of any)  to force a reload of the models.

hmm,  was able to open the 8934759843757693.jar  packs lol random numbers, and add them into the garphics,jar,  all works now, but not sure why.  will put backup back in and make sure both server and client modloader are newest one, 

one question though, to get the cleint to download these graphic update mods, do i just put the mods in with the other mods? or put in /mod/server/   or i think i saw your source had /demo.  u'm just a bit confused to where the servermod will pull from

29 minutes ago, validate said:

hmm,  was able to open the 8934759843757693.jar  packs lol random numbers, and add them into the garphics,jar,  all works now, but not sure why.  will put backup back in and make sure both server and client modloader are newest one, 

one question though, to get the cleint to download these graphic update mods, do i just put the mods in with the other mods? or put in /mod/server/   or i think i saw your source had /demo.  u'm just a bit confused to where the servermod will pull from

just in the mods folder should work fine

all zip files should extract into the dedicated server dir.

modlauncher.zip includes the  base files and a mods dir. Creaturedemo.zip and azthe other mod zips aöö include the mods dir with *.properties files and a subdirectory with the jars

The extra packs are loaded by the serverpacks mod from the serverPacks entries in each *.properties file.

Managed to code in the horses and it seems to be working perfect so far.

Will start updating the creatures threat with this tomorrow and start adding all the other creatures

Awesome job Ago

• Like 2

On 11/18/2015, 5:09:44, ago said:

it's included in the modloader package

Can you provide a new link to the updated Ago loader version? 

1 hour ago, AbsolutelyNobody said:

Managed to code in the horses and it seems to be working perfect so far.

Will start updating the creatures threat with this tomorrow and start adding all the other creatures

Awesome job Ago

Can you provide a new link to the updated Ago loader version? 

Sorry for the double post.. Quoted Ago's reply instead of your comment.   :)

sorry, where is the modloader? i just came to the modlauncher with this link :/

2 hours ago, Eject said:

sorry, where is the modloader? i just came to the modlauncher with this link :/

Download links are on the first page.

i uploaded all files from the modlauncher.zip to my main folder on the server, citadele now tells me thery miss modlauncher.jar and/or other files :(

" Copy the contents of modlauncher.zip into the dedicated server dir "

means this i have to upload the folder from the zip called  WurmServerModLauncher-0.11.1 or the files inside the folder?

and where is the modlauncher.jar file? sorry my noob questions but citadele servers say to me, they will install the modlauncher for me but they are searching the modlauncher.jar file.

If you open the modlauncher.zip with a program like winrar the modlauncher.jar is right inside of it
They pretty much just need to take all the files inside modlauncher.zip and throw them strait into your wurm unlimited dedicated server folder.

it works now, thank you so much. i just followed the link in the first post, this gave me another modloader.zip

• Like 1

You downloaded the souce code. The release page has the zips with the compiled modlauncher and mods and two links for the source code.

• Like 1

Ago is there a chance that the new mappings file on my creature mod would interfere with the original mappings file?

For example if someone had this changed in their original mappings file:
model.creature.quadraped.cat.wild.mainecoon            = mod//wildcat/WildCat_main.dae?WildCatMat.texture=mainecoon.jpg 

And the new mappings file has:
model.creature.quadraped.cat.wild.mainecoon            = creatures/wildcat/WildCat_main.dae?WildCatMat.texture=mainecoon.jpg

Or does the new one always override the old one?

what is the creaturagemod?

Edited by Eject

14 hours ago, AbsolutelyNobody said:

Ago is there a chance that the new mappings file on my creature mod would interfere with the original mappings file?

For example if someone had this changed in their original mappings file:
model.creature.quadraped.cat.wild.mainecoon            = mod//wildcat/WildCat_main.dae?WildCatMat.texture=mainecoon.jpg 

And the new mappings file has:
model.creature.quadraped.cat.wild.mainecoon            = creatures/wildcat/WildCat_main.dae?WildCatMat.texture=mainecoon.jpg

Or does the new one always override the old one?

The mappings apply in the order they are loaded. If a mapping in creatures.jar, sound.jar or pmk.jar exists it's used regardless of the same mapping existing in any other packs.

The resourceloader will check graphics, sound, pmk and then the custom mods in the order they are loaded. If a resource was not found its removing everything starting from the last dot and retries to load the resource from all packs until it it removed the last part. If it still can't find the resource it'll replace the model with the bag or any othe replacement model.

So in the example above it would load the mainecoon model from graphics.jar

4 hours ago, Eject said:

what is the creaturagemod?

it increases aging of animal until they reach mature for easier breeding

• Like 1

Hi Ago,

About the digging mod:
Did you check if it works with digging up artifacts?
Maybe they need special handling just like gems.

artifacts are created on the tile and are not affected

• Like 1

Copy the files from the zips to the server, run patcher.bat, copy ServerLauncher-patched.exe to ServerLauncher.exe and start the server.

If you can't start any programs on the server then install a dedicated server on your computer and run above steps on your local computer.

When it works on you computer copy ServerLauncher.exe, server.jar and the files from the zips to the server

Edited by ago