ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

On 3/26/2020 at 12:12 PM, Zera said:

So, I had installed the following mods to a server:

1. ServerPacks
  2. HttpServer
  3. ServerMap
  4. HitchingPosts

Configured out HttpServer and started the server (tested this with only those 4 mods too by the way) and no pack was being sent. The Hitchingposts were showing little ? bags.

It wasn't until I removed ServerMap that the packs would be sent to the client at all.

Now mind you I hadn't changed anything within the ServerMap configuration file at all, I left it all default except for maybe uncommenting a the following:

Hide contents
# ServerMap Mod configuration options
  # Remove the comment character '#' before the option you want to enable / change

# always load the mod
  # Enable this to load the mod regardless of a servermap.properties file present
  #depend.ondemand=false

# Add the serverpack with the map. Changing this to false will effectively deactivate the mod
  addServerMapPack=true

# Render the map from server live data at server startup.
  # true: The map is rendered from server data
  # false: The map is read from pre-rendered images SERVERNAME/MAPNAME.png, SERVERNAME/render.png or mapdump.png
  renderServerMap=true

# Select map renderer. Possible values are
  # shaded: renderer based on the internal flat map dump renderer
  # isometric: renderer based on the classic isometric map dump renderer
  renderer=isometric

Did you ever get the HitchingPost not displaying part fixed? I'm having the same issue myself, they show up as little mystery bags.

Nevermind, I got it fixed myself! For anyone in the future with the same problem, here's what I did:
- Installed Serverpacks-client (didn't realize I needed that). This didn't fix it by itself, but a necessary step.
- Updated all relevant mods (client and server modlaunchers, both serverpacks, hitchingpost, etc). Thought I'd updated them but apparently not.

Edited by Aurovere
Fixed own problem

Just curious, since updating to the ServerMap mod (ditching manual JAR creation), did the 920x620 PNG image requirements change?

My standalone PNG is delivered but now gets cropped to square:

VO2fjBP.png

Config is:

addServerMapPack=true
renderServerMap=false

Edited by Adambean
Added config.

I have an LMC with bag of holding cast on it from a few years back, but today I am trying to cast on it again and another new LMC and it seems LMC is preventing the spell.  Is this intended now, or can it be looked into?  I'd love a config file option that could enable/disable casting on LMCs and SMCs.

Edit: I did more searching and discovered in Server Tweaks, an option to enable GMs to enchant normally unenchantable items, but it still would not allow enchanting the LMC.  I had thought I might have possibly done that to get the Bag spell on it.

Edited by Wurmhole

On 8/18/2021 at 11:33 PM, Wurmhole said:

I have an LMC with bag of holding cast on it from a few years back, but today I am trying to cast on it again and another new LMC and it seems LMC is preventing the spell.  Is this intended now, or can it be looked into?  I'd love a config file option that could enable/disable casting on LMCs and SMCs.

Edit: I did more searching and discovered in Server Tweaks, an option to enable GMs to enchant normally unenchantable items, but it still would not allow enchanting the LMC.  I had thought I might have possibly done that to get the Bag spell on it.

I haven't been able to resolve the BoH casting onto magical chests, even with the Server Tweaks setting. However, Expand (from Spellcraft mod) does work and achieves the same purpose.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 8:13 AM, Batta said:

I haven't been able to resolve the BoH casting onto magical chests, even with the Server Tweaks setting. However, Expand (from Spellcraft mod) does work and achieves the same purpose.

Oh excellent!  I'll drop that into my mods list and give it a try.  Thank you for that useful info!  I hope Expand and BoH don't clash or stack.  I'll give it some testing and probably just have my users only use expand on magic chests, leaving BoH for all other containers.

2 Sep @ 5:49pm - In Wurm Unlimited Maps and Modding
I am trying to setup a private Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server and have run into problems.
1. Downloaded Steam Dedicated Server Files
2. Copied files to new drive under name Wurm Server
3. Downloaded WurmServerModloader.zip
4. Started Wurm Server Launcher and setup and ran Server. All OK sofar.
5. Extracted WurmServerLodloader.zip into root folder.
6. Hunted for patcher.bat file and ran it
ERROR
C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>set JAVA=java

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>if exist runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>if exist ..\runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=..\runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>java -classpath patcher.jar;javassist.jar org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar
Error: Could not find or load main class org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Help Please was so excited when I heard that it was available again

10 hours ago, Kyisha said:
2 Sep @ 5:49pm - In Wurm Unlimited Maps and Modding
I am trying to setup a private Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server and have run into problems.
1. Downloaded Steam Dedicated Server Files
2. Copied files to new drive under name Wurm Server
3. Downloaded WurmServerModloader.zip
4. Started Wurm Server Launcher and setup and ran Server. All OK sofar.
5. Extracted WurmServerLodloader.zip into root folder.
6. Hunted for patcher.bat file and ran it
ERROR
C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>set JAVA=java

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>if exist runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>if exist ..\runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=..\runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>java -classpath patcher.jar;javassist.jar org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar
Error: Could not find or load main class org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar

C:\Users\email\Wurm Server\patcher\src\main\scripts>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Help Please was so excited when I heard that it was available again

Your pather.bat is likely in the wrong directory.

All files must be in the root folder of the dedicated server and you also must run patcher.bat in exactly this folder.

everything is in neat little folders but it doesn't seem to like it that way.  I'm not skilled in coding to know which files I need to move outta their folders and into the root folder cause as I see it some are going to overwrite eachother (src folder, gitignore and pom.xml).  I remember modlauncher and patcher.bat, mods and a scripts being in the root folder but I don't remember how to get them there. I'm so confused my head is gonna blow up I think.

plz help me I really enjoyed playing this with hubby and friends.

OMG I feel like a dork I forgot about needing to find the file that says server - modloader XX.zip . TYVM

question i hav having trouble with the prayer limits and faith gains on letting the server gain one faith per wait period

# true: Remove priest restrictions
# false: No effect
#removePriestRestrictions=true
# Limit spells to at most that much favor. A number below 100 will remove the need for linking with other priests
#favorLimit=90
# true: Allow a priest to cast all spells
#allowAllSpells=true
# true: Allow a priest to cast spells from the same light. (i.e. Fo priests can cast Vyn and Mag spells but not Lib spells)
#allowLightSpells=true
# true: There are no restrictions on the number of faith gains per day
# false: Only 5 faith gains per day are possible 
#unlimitedPrayers=true
# true: There is no delay between faith gains
# false: Prayers only yield faith if they are at least 20 minutes apart
#noPrayerDelay=true  

am i just blindly missing something?

1 hour ago, WolfHunt said:

am i just blindly missing something?

You need to remove the # on the lines that are configs.  Like this: 

removePriestRestrictions=true
# Limit spells to at most that much favor. A number below 100 will remove the need for linking with other priests
favorLimit=90
allowAllSpells=true
# true: Allow a priest to cast spells from the same light. (i.e. Fo priests can cast Vyn and Mag spells but not Lib spells)
allowLightSpells=true
unlimitedPrayers=true
noPrayerDelay=true 

52 minutes ago, Batta said:

You need to remove the # on the lines that are configs.  Like this: 

removePriestRestrictions=true
favorLimit=90
allowAllSpells=true
allowLightSpells=true
unlimitedPrayers=true
noPrayerDelay=true 

Thank you i been trying to get this and spellcraft to work for days!

Cant thank you enough

33 minutes ago, justnick said:

Can you do this multiplayer?

Sure. Wurm Unlimited is a multiplayer game.

The "mod.config" files do absolutely nothing, even if you follow the "remove the # for config lines"
I found however that if you rename the files to "mod.properties" as well as remove the # before the lines they start working fine.

On 7/25/2021 at 1:28 PM, Adambean said:

Just curious, since updating to the ServerMap mod (ditching manual JAR creation), did the 920x620 PNG image requirements change?

My standalone PNG is delivered but now gets cropped to square:

VO2fjBP.png

Config is:

addServerMapPack=true
renderServerMap=false

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out how to fix this?

On 10/7/2022 at 3:57 PM, HatTrickPatrick said:

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out how to fix this?

I didn't sorry.

Due to the neglected state of this game I've not played it at all since August last year, so I doubt I'll be looking into it again any time soon. :)

your mod loader is bugged and freezes when switching settings profiles. 

Is it possible to use the auto map pack on a server cluster?  I have two servers, But only server 1 gets an auto generated map. The second server gets an error that the mod didn't start correctly.  These are both hosted on the same computer.

I'm having issues running a modded local server, which has been working okay for a month.

Some sort of server crash seems to have happened, while i was using a wagon with animals on it. Ever since, on trying to launch the server it all seems to have loaded fine, but once a client tries to join the client is stuck 'waiting for steam authentication' forever.

The reason im posting here, is the command line window launched from 'modlauncher.bat' seems to be freezing, and no text past the server logging into steam is posted in the cmd anymore.

However the server.log text file is continuing to log actions past this point, showing clients connecting and then disconnecting when the client window is closed.

Trying to shut down the server using the server gui window then results in the gui server window then freezing as well, at which point the java program in task manager gets listed as not responding.

The server log files have been overwriting themselves so i no longer have a log of what initially caused the problem. I briefly saw something about creatures being out of bounds or similar. The current server log doesnt list any issues, and the modlauncher.bat doesnt seem to generate any log of its own and is just frozen.

So basically, I'm not sure how to even go about trouble-shooting this, as the logs are not showing any issue, and the cmd window for  modlauncher.bat is locking up without giving any info at all.

So, has anyone had anything similar happen before? any ideas on how to go about trouble-shooting what is wrong? 

I'm not sure if my world is basically corrupted now, or if it can be recovered at all.

Edit:

Randomly thought to re-run 'patcher.bat', despite it giving a message saying nothing needs to be done (fixed an issue with a different mod earlier).

Was since able to load into the server.  Still no idea how that fixed whatever the error was.

edit:

The server log now lists the (i think) error:

[08:53:44 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Vehicle: draggers.size=4, hitched.length=4 - no space  ; i think this is what borked the server in the first place, the wagon i was driving

edit:  and the server is still freezing when i try to shut it down with the gui, so its not 100% fixed.  weirdly the server log is still generating info after a pause of few minutes, but nothing is appearing in the modlauncher.bat cmd window, if I leave the java entry 'not responding'.

I have an issue with christmasmod, what do I wrong? I would want to give out spyglass...

christmasmod.config:

# Award the spyglass
# You can use item ids or names from ItemList
#present2015=489
#present2016=489
#present2017=489
#present2018=489
present2019=489
present2020=489
present2021=489
present2022=489
present2023=489

log only sets it for the 2019 and 2020 years, not later. Players get farwalker instead.

Relevant lines grep'd from server.log:

Spoiler

[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/christmasmod/christmasmod.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/christmasmod.properties
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/christmasmod.properties
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/christmasmod.config
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods/christmasmod/christmasmod.jar]
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod as christmasmod (v0.46-cae342f)
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod: present2015: 972
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod: present2016: 972
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod: present2017: 972
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod: present2018: 972
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod: present2019: 489
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod: present2020: 489
[09:06:44 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.callbacks.Callbacks: Adding callback christmasmod to class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ItemBehaviour for  org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod with methods [__cb_Proxy_christmasmod_15.hasPlayerReceivedPresent(com.wurmonline.server.players.Player), __cb_Proxy_christmasmod_15.setPlayerReceivedPresent(com.wurmonline.server.players.Player)]
[09:06:44 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.callbacks.Callbacks: Adding callback christmasmod to class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.CreatureBehaviour for  org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod with methods [__cb_Proxy_christmasmod_16.hasPlayerReceivedPresent(com.wurmonline.server.players.Player), __cb_Proxy_christmasmod_16.setPlayerReceivedPresent(com.wurmonline.server.players.Player)]

May I ask some tips what am I missing?

12 hours ago, Jaz said:

I have an issue with christmasmod, what do I wrong? I would want to give out spyglass...

christmasmod.config:

# Award the spyglass
# You can use item ids or names from ItemList
#present2015=489
#present2016=489
#present2017=489
#present2018=489
present2019=489
present2020=489
present2021=489
present2022=489
present2023=489

log only sets it for the 2019 and 2020 years, not later. Players get farwalker instead.

Relevant lines grep'd from server.log:

Hide contents

[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/christmasmod/christmasmod.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/christmasmod.properties
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/christmasmod.properties
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/christmasmod.config
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods/christmasmod/christmasmod.jar]
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod as christmasmod (v0.46-cae342f)
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod: present2015: 972
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod: present2016: 972
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod: present2017: 972
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod: present2018: 972
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod: present2019: 489
[09:06:42 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod: present2020: 489
[09:06:44 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.callbacks.Callbacks: Adding callback christmasmod to class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ItemBehaviour for  org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod with methods [__cb_Proxy_christmasmod_15.hasPlayerReceivedPresent(com.wurmonline.server.players.Player), __cb_Proxy_christmasmod_15.setPlayerReceivedPresent(com.wurmonline.server.players.Player)]
[09:06:44 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.callbacks.Callbacks: Adding callback christmasmod to class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.CreatureBehaviour for  org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.christmasmod.ChristmasMod with methods [__cb_Proxy_christmasmod_16.hasPlayerReceivedPresent(com.wurmonline.server.players.Player), __cb_Proxy_christmasmod_16.setPlayerReceivedPresent(com.wurmonline.server.players.Player)]

May I ask some tips what am I missing?

The Christmas mod does not seem to be a finished mod, just a demo. It does not support presents later than 2020. You need to code that in yourself.

• Like 1