ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

I installed the server mod launcher according to the instructions, however when I start "WurmServerLauncher-patched.exe" it opens the cmd window, runs through a lot of lines of text so fast that I only catch a couple words at most, then closes it without doing anything else I can tell. It also does not log anything for me to copy and paste here. I tried to record it so you could see what I mean but Windows 10's "X-Box Game Bar" doesn't exactly want to cooperate and allow that, and I don't have any other screen-recording software on this. 

8 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

open server.log the error will be recorded in there

I had looked for it but earlier that file never appeared, the closest were "logging.properties" and "server.jar". After reading your reply I checked again for it and it truly wasn't there, but after restarting the computer and then running "WurmServerLauncher-patched.exe" again it finally showed up. Apparently it is "boatmod" causing the problem. I'm going to take it out and try again. 

The exact log file info reads:

[05:46:54 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: javassist.NotFoundException: embark(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.players.Player
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: javassist.NotFoundException: embark(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.players.Player
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.boatmod.BoatMod.preInit(BoatMod.java:176)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.lambda$loadModsFromModDir$6(ModLoaderShared.java:166)
	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:184)
	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:175)
	at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1382)
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481)
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)
	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:151)
	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:174)
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:418)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.loadModsFromModDir(ModLoaderShared.java:164)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:20)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:286)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at PatchedLauncher.main(PatchedLauncher.java:20)
Caused by: javassist.NotFoundException: embark(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.players.Player
	at javassist.CtClassType.getDeclaredMethod(CtClassType.java:1343)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.boatmod.BoatMod.preInit(BoatMod.java:163)
	... 23 more

*EDIT* After removing Boatmod it worked!

boatmod would be broken from reading that, so remove it and try again

We ran into a curious issue with local server packs. Server packs download just fine for everyone else but on the same network, the server packs gives the local client the public IP and cannot download the packs. Is there a way to fix this so if it detects a client on the same subnet, give them the local internal server IP for pack download?

On 2/8/2020 at 2:00 AM, WesncIsMe said:

We ran into a curious issue with local server packs. Server packs download just fine for everyone else but on the same network, the server packs gives the local client the public IP and cannot download the packs. Is there a way to fix this so if it detects a client on the same subnet, give them the local internal server IP for pack download?

It's not currently something that the mod can do. Check if your router supports NAT Hairpinning (or sometimes called NAT Loopback) if it does you can configure it to redirect connections to the public ip from inside the network to the server.

So I'm confused, is the modloader still required to run mods on WU or did the latest update remove the need to install the version to the server and client from the forums here?

• Do I still need to install ModLoader to Client/Server with latest WU update?
  • Can I just create a "Mods" folder and drop mods in and expect them to run on latest WU update?

So, I had installed the following mods to a server:

1. ServerPacks
  2. HttpServer
  3. ServerMap
  4. HitchingPosts

Configured out HttpServer and started the server (tested this with only those 4 mods too by the way) and no pack was being sent. The Hitchingposts were showing little ? bags.

It wasn't until I removed ServerMap that the packs would be sent to the client at all.

Now mind you I hadn't changed anything within the ServerMap configuration file at all, I left it all default except for maybe uncommenting a the following:

Spoiler
# ServerMap Mod configuration options
  # Remove the comment character '#' before the option you want to enable / change

# always load the mod
  # Enable this to load the mod regardless of a servermap.properties file present
  #depend.ondemand=false

# Add the serverpack with the map. Changing this to false will effectively deactivate the mod
  addServerMapPack=true

# Render the map from server live data at server startup.
  # true: The map is rendered from server data
  # false: The map is read from pre-rendered images SERVERNAME/MAPNAME.png, SERVERNAME/render.png or mapdump.png
  renderServerMap=true

# Select map renderer. Possible values are
  # shaded: renderer based on the internal flat map dump renderer
  # isometric: renderer based on the classic isometric map dump renderer
  renderer=isometric

Quick Question:

1. Hitching Post, can animals be unhitched freely? By anyone at any time?
    • Or are there a couple of "rules" that apply? Like if the Animal is branded, only those who could lead the animal can unhitch it?
  2. Is there a way to lock the hitching post to prevent unhitching by people who should not be unhitching animals?
    • Large or Small padlocks don't appear to give the option to lock.

For me it doesnt work :( The patcher.bat wont work

On the client modloader too

By the server i get following errot:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>set JAVA=java

C:\WINDOWS\system32>if exist runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32>if exist ..\runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=..\runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32>java -classpath patcher.jar;javassist.jar org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar
Fehler: Hauptklasse org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden

C:\WINDOWS\system32>pause
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

in english it says he cannot find the mainclass

How can i fix that?? Oh and do i really need the dedicatet server or should it work in the normal wurmserverlauncher folder too?

Is it possible to use the Scriptrunner to run a "Server Shut-down warning" prior to the server actually shutting down?

I use a host service that doesn't provide a method to do this and would like to be able to warn players online that the server is going to shut-down on it's usual schedule.

Is there a way to do this, and if so.. How? xD

When you cast Bag of Holding spell on a container it has a description when examined that it has Courier cast upon it.  So I think something needs to be tweaked for the current version of WU.  with that said the spell still does as it's supposed to the descriptor text is wrong AND it sets the flag (in GM settings) for Courier as well.

On 3/16/2020 at 8:26 PM, Zera said:

So I'm confused, is the modloader still required to run mods on WU or did the latest update remove the need to install the version to the server and client from the forums here?

• Do I still need to install ModLoader to Client/Server with latest WU update?
  • Can I just create a "Mods" folder and drop mods in and expect them to run on latest WU update?

The mod loader is only incorporated into the BETA branch of WU, the last update has not been pushed to public.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:54 AM, Darianna said:

For me it doesnt work :( The patcher.bat wont work

On the client modloader too

By the server i get following errot:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>set JAVA=java

C:\WINDOWS\system32>if exist runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32>if exist ..\runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=..\runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32>java -classpath patcher.jar;javassist.jar org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar
Fehler: Hauptklasse org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden

C:\WINDOWS\system32>pause
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

in english it says he cannot find the mainclass

How can i fix that?? Oh and do i really need the dedicatet server or should it work in the normal wurmserverlauncher folder too?

It works fine with the WurmServerLauncher version as well, it's still a dedicated server it's just set for local by default.

On 10/10/2020 at 11:40 PM, Greystar said:

The mod loader is only incorporated into the BETA branch of WU, the last update has not been pushed to public.

I'm hoping the last update (not the beta) is not finished because they are going beyond what they initially published. Not expecting anything different but hoping.

I am facing a problem with SpellMod, when trying to remove the limit and delay of the prayers it doesn't seem to work.The server starts normally, but does not have the effect of the mod

Dude, you're a genius;

Now I just need to know how to bury the creatures with the Wyvern mod.

Thank you very much!

I have the crop mod but crops are still turning to weeds for me? Other mods are working fine. I can see in the log that crop mod is loaded with everything else. But crops still turn to weeds. Here's my config:

# true: prevent crops from growing to weeds
disableWeeds=true
# number: additional results from harvests
#extraHarvest=0

I also have the Better Farming mod, I wonder if it could be causing a conflict?

UPDATE: Fixed. Somehow I was missing the properties file.

Edited by Kiama

Hi,

First of all a grat set of mods you have there.

Sadly i get an error when using Spell Mod. Your mod is loading and chanig some things like it should. e.g. a Folower of Vynora can destroy things in Faithful mode, but a prist is not capable to Improve or mine.

-removePriestRestrictions is set to true, ad its listet correctly in the console on startup.

-I removed all other mods in case of any conflict, but same result

I use v1.9.1.5

has anyone an idear whats wrong with this - com.wurmonline.server.spells.Spell.getCost(Z)I - causing the error?

[02:41:25 PM] INFORMATION org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.spellmod.SpellMod: Initializing Spell modifications

==================================================================

Wurm Server launcher finished at Sun Apr 11 14:41:25 CEST 2021

==================================================================

Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1774)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(FXMLLoader.java:1657)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:49)
        at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
        at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Node.java:8411)
        at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Button.java:185)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(ButtonBehavior.java:182)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:96)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:89)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:218)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:80)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:54)
        at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3757)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Scene.java:3485)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1762)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2494)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:394)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:295)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$353(GlassViewEventHandler.java:432)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:389)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:431)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:555)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:937)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$147(WinApplication.java:177)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:71)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:275)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1771)
        ... 60 more
Caused by: org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.wurmonline.server.spells.Spell.getCost(Z)I
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:354)
        at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startGame(WurmServerGuiController.java:1397)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startOfflineBtnClicked(WurmServerGuiController.java:164)
        ... 70 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.wurmonline.server.spells.Spell.getCost(Z)I
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.spellmod.SpellMod.onServerStarted(SpellMod.java:103)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ServerHook.lambda$fireOnServerStarted$2(ServerHook.java:81)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.Listeners.lambda$fire$0(Listeners.java:63)
        at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:891)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.Listeners.fire(Listeners.java:61)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ServerHook.fireOnServerStarted(ServerHook.java:81)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$1$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:57)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:344)
        ... 73 more
[02:41:26 PM] INFORMATION com.wurmonline.server.steam.SteamHandler: Server connected to steam
Server connected to steam

The interface got changed in version 1.9.0 and I never noticed it was broken.

I'll take a look.

Speaking of spell mod, would it be possible to override a quirk with the erupt spell?

If you are a GM and happen to be high enough on the path of power to have earned the erupt spell that GM can no longer use a wand to erupt due to spell restrictions taking place. This means only Magranon followers can use it whilst close enough to their domain. As a Libila follower it means its no longer possible to use erupt at all, both via a statuette or wand.

Ooops, got it from experimenting.

Edited by Tyarra