ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

We've recently been made aware that Bag of Holding is no longer castable on magic chests.  It appears this started at the same time that 1.9.1.5 went live.  Has anyone else noticed this, and if so were you able to fix it?

Thank you for your time.

On 8/20/2019 at 4:08 PM, Goibniu said:

We've recently been made aware that Bag of Holding is no longer castable on magic chests.  It appears this started at the same time that 1.9.1.5 went live.  Has anyone else noticed this, and if so were you able to fix it?

Thank you for your time.

The problem is not bag of holding, it's that magic chests now can't have spells cast on them at all in vanilla.

9 hours ago, bdew said:

The problem is not bag of holding, it's that magic chests now can't have spells cast on them at all in vanilla.

Is this something that can be modded out?  

13 hours ago, Batta said:

Is this something that can be modded out?  

Yes, i don't have it as a readymade mod but this code can remove that restriction

classPool.getCtClass("com.wurmonline.server.spells.Spell")
                    .getMethod("run", "(Lcom/wurmonline/server/creatures/Creature;Lcom/wurmonline/server/items/Item;F)Z")
                    .instrument(new ExprEditor() {
                        @Override
                        public void edit(MethodCall m) throws CannotCompileException {
                            if (m.getMethodName().equals("isMagicContainer")) m.replace("$_=false;");
                        }
                    });

30 minutes ago, bdew said:

Yes, i don't have it as a readymade mod but this code can remove that restriction

classPool.getCtClass("com.wurmonline.server.spells.Spell")
                    .getMethod("run", "(Lcom/wurmonline/server/creatures/Creature;Lcom/wurmonline/server/items/Item;F)Z")
                    .instrument(new ExprEditor() {
                        @Override
                        public void edit(MethodCall m) throws CannotCompileException {
                            if (m.getMethodName().equals("isMagicContainer")) m.replace("$_=false;");
                        }
                    });

Thanks, bdew. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to change or add code.  I know you walked me through changing some coding a year or two ago, but I honestly just followed word for word and had no idea what I was doing.

If you do ever write this up into a mod, I'd definitely use that.  

Having some issues with the server packs/httpserver portion of this, never really encountered this issue

[11:20:12 AM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.combat.ArmourTemplate: Item template id 978 has no ArmourTemplate, but one was requested.
[11:20:12 AM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.players.Player: Armour is not in Armour list  mask of the isles.
[11:20:12 AM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.combat.ArmourTemplate: Item template id 978 has no ArmourTemplate, but one was requested.
[11:20:12 AM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.players.Player: Armour is not in Armour list  mask of the isles.
[11:20:12 AM] INFO ModComm: Received client handshake from Mikon, 1 channels, protocol version 1
[11:20:12 AM] INFO ModComm: Activating 1 channels for player Mikon
[11:20:12 AM] SEVERE ModComm: Error in channel ago.serverpacks onPlayerConnected
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:3042)
    at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:588)
    at java.net.URI.create(URI.java:850)
    at java.net.URI.resolve(URI.java:1036)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod$1.onPlayerConnected(ServerPackMod.java:69)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.ModCommHandler.handlePacketChannels(ModCommHandler.java:65)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.ModCommHandler.handlePacket(ModCommHandler.java:19)
    at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator.reallyHandle(Communicator.java:2294)
    at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketConnection.tick(SocketConnection.java:618)
    at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketServer.tick(SocketServer.java:172)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:2527)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

httpserver.config

#Set a fixed port. If no port is selected a random free port will be used
serverPort=8787
# Use this to announce a different server name or IP address to the clients
# By default the setting "External Server IP Address" will be used for pack URLs
# This setting may be required when doing port forwarding in the router
publicServerAddress=75.70.104.32
# Use this to announce a different server port to the client
# By default the serverPort or the automaticly choosen port will be used
# This setting may be required when doing port forwarding in the router
#publicServerPort=8787
# Sets a different address for the HTTP server to bind to. Can be 0.0.0.0 to
# bind to all interfaces. Default is external ip in server settings.
#internalServerAddress=0.0.0.0
# Maximum number of threads to server downloads in parallel
#maxThreads=50

Port is forwarded so I'm not sure the issue here, any suggestions?

Serverpacks is present on the client but nothing issued in console indicating its attempting to download anything

Edited by WesncIsMe

the # stops anything from being code in the line after it, so if you need to use port forwarding need to remove the #

#publicServerPort=8787

becomes

publicServerPort=8787

No idea if that will fix your issue, you just mentioned the port forwarding and I noticed that setting had #

2 hours ago, Cuddles said:

the # stops anything from being code in the line after it, so if you need to use port forwarding need to remove the #

#publicServerPort=8787

becomes

publicServerPort=8787

No idea if that will fix your issue, you just mentioned the port forwarding and I noticed that setting had #

I did that aswell in the later config and it still threw out a NullPointerException when a user connects, like the error above

8 hours ago, WesncIsMe said:

I did that aswell in the later config and it still threw out a NullPointerException when a user connects, like the error above

Look for other errors during startup, stuff like that usually means something broke during initialization (possibly caused by some other mod) and the mod didn't initialize fully.

I disabled a ton of mods and looked for errors and mostly it was template related errors which are nothing to really worry about, I still got the same nullpointerexception

On 9/16/2019 at 6:43 PM, WesncIsMe said:

I disabled a ton of mods and looked for errors and mostly it was template related errors which are nothing to really worry about, I still got the same nullpointerexception

Post your logs i'll take a look

I think I found a small problem in ActionPerformer:

In the following method heightOffset is always -1 but should be 0 on ground.

public boolean action(Action action, Creature performer, Item source, int tilex, int tiley, boolean onSurface, int heightOffset, int tile, short num, float counter)

20 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

I think I found a small problem in ActionPerformer:

In the following method heightOffset is always -1 but should be 0 on ground.

public boolean action(Action action, Creature performer, Item source, int tilex, int tiley, boolean onSurface, int heightOffset, int tile, short num, float counter)

heightOffset comes from the client, it's encoded into the target id for some actions (and target types), for the rest it defaults to -1

For surface tiles it's not sent

Edited by bdew

41 minutes ago, bdew said:

heightOffset comes from the client, it's encoded into the target id for some actions (and target types), for the rest it defaults to -1

For surface tiles it's not sent

alright seems to be a WU problem then, some actions need it to be 0 like planting catseyes

4 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

alright seems to be a WU problem then, some actions need it to be 0 like planting catseyes

Hmm catseyes you plant on tile corners which should have that sent and set to 0 or whatever 🤔 but i think it's actually a different signature for that? 

14 hours ago, bdew said:

Hmm catseyes you plant on tile corners which should have that sent and set to 0 or whatever 🤔 but i think it's actually a different signature for that? 

Yes on corners 0 is send but on tiles it is -1, so if you want to make it possible to plant catseyes on tiles you run into that.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:49 AM, Sklo:D said:

but on tiles it is -1, so if you want to make it possible to plant catseyes on tiles you run into that.

Just treat it like 0 in your modded action. A tile target is by definition on ground level (if it was targeting something above ground level the action would be performed on a floor or bridge section).

Edited by bdew

hey there, i was using the modpack over a year ago without issues, stopped playing for a while and now set everything up again and for the most parts it's working, except the spellmod or to be more precise even though i set removepriestrestrictions=true i can't improve items after i became a priest of vynora, disabling prayer limits works so it's only partially bugged. is there anything i can do about it aside from revoking priest status?

On 10/19/2019 at 5:43 AM, Woolridge said:

hey there, i was using the modpack over a year ago without issues, stopped playing for a while and now set everything up again and for the most parts it's working, except the spellmod or to be more precise even though i set removepriestrestrictions=true i can't improve items after i became a priest of vynora, disabling prayer limits works so it's only partially bugged. is there anything i can do about it aside from revoking priest status?

It should work. Make sure you have the latest versions of everything. Also make sure you removed the # before that line in the config if there is/was one.

If it still doesn't work try disabling your other mods maybe it's a conflict with one of them (though i'm not aware of anything like that with any of the publicly available mods)

well, i've downloaded them like 10 days ago and am only using the ones from this post so i'd say they're up to date and shouldn't have any incompatibilities and i've already tested it with and without the # before the line and nothing worked so far =/

4 hours ago, Woolridge said:

well, i've downloaded them like 10 days ago and am only using the ones from this post so i'd say they're up to date and shouldn't have any incompatibilities and i've already tested it with and without the # before the line and nothing worked so far =/

Several of my players downloaded them and didn't get a fresh properties file.  The trick seems to be to completely delete all of the mod, then add it back in.

• Like 1

i don't know why, but replacing all mods from the pack by the individually downloadable ones seems to have fixed it, thanks for pointing me in that direction @Batta 😃

On 10/24/2015 at 2:44 PM, ago said:
  • Extract the contents of server-modlauncher-<version>.zip into the dedicated server dir
  • Extract the contents of the additional mods you want to intall into the dedicated server dir. This will install the required .properties files to enable the mods.

Just a quick question, where you said what I quoted, do you mean I should install them in "\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server"or should it be in the specific "\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Adventure" or "\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Creative" folders?

1 minute ago, Cadh20000 said:

Just a quick question, where you said what I quoted, do you mean I should install them in "\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server"or should it be in the specific "\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Adventure" or "\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Creative" folders?

modlauncher files and mods folder should go into Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server, not the later.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bdew said:

modlauncher files and mods folder should go into Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server, not the later.

Thanks!