ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

2 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

Apr 09, 2019 7:26:42 AM com.wurmonline.server.Server pollIntraCommands
WARNING: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ReflectionUtil.getPrivateField(ReflectionUtil.java:73)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.ModIntraServer.getConnection(ModIntraServer.java:89)
        at com.wurmonline.server.intra.ModIntraServerMessage.poll(ModIntraServerMessage.java:79)
        at com.wurmonline.server.Server.pollIntraCommands(Server.java:4046)
        at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:2561)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

When did this happen, was it critical to the server/cluster?

I think the first server poll will actually run before the server startup was completed.

Where are the config files or property files?  There are none in the downloads

43 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Where are the config files or property files?  There are none in the downloads

Those always require a separate download for each of the mods.

hi

When I run the patcher it doesn't create the WurmServerLauncher-patched.exe, any idea why that would be?

thx

....i deleted and install all again and is it ok

Edited by byxoft

Hello, just a quick FYI the priest mod isn't working. I assume its due tot he new priest checks someone posted a few posts ago. 

Is it important to update the other mods too, or is just the version number changed on them?

Which mods of the collection are realy new?

Eject

Edited by Eject

10 hours ago, ago said:

When did this happen, was it critical to the server/cluster?

I think the first server poll will actually run before the server startup was completed.

On startup yes. Investigated and had no real influence on neither of the servers, so just a cosmetic thing to fix.

3 minutes ago, Eject said:

Is it important to update the other mods too, or is just the version number changed on them?

Which mods of the collection are realy new?

Eject

You have to update all the associated mods, like actiondemo, announcer, bagofholding, etc.  Not all of them need reconfiguring after updating, but some do so it's good to check.

• Like 1

Is there any documentation anywhere that explains what each of ago's mods do? I see a few I don't recognize now. Can I just ignore the ones I haven't used before, like scriptRunner, serverFix, etc?

21 minutes ago, Brian said:

Is there any documentation anywhere that explains what each of ago's mods do? I see a few I don't recognize now. Can I just ignore the ones I haven't used before, like scriptRunner, serverFix, etc?

I think they're all important. Should add them all.  For example, serverpacks allows players  to see kingdom tabards, custom creatures and so on.

In the past, some of the mods used .config files. I don't see any in the new mods releases. Are they no longer needed then?

1 minute ago, Brian said:

In the past, some of the mods used .config files. I don't see any in the new mods releases. Are they no longer needed then?

You're the second person who has said they didn't get the config files. Not sure why.  What I did was delete the old server modlauncher and all the associated files.  Then I uploaded server modlauncher and each of the individual associated mods one by one.  I got the config files.

3 hours ago, Brian said:

I see .properties files but no .config files.

You're right. What I had been doing was navigating to here for example and manually grabbing any config files. Seems to work fine, not too many seem to actually have config files anyway.
Just remember that all the config options are commented out by default. Remove the poundsigns to make them actually function.

Edited by Metallumere
  • Like 1

server-modlauncher-0.43.zip contains the modlauncher and all mod but it does not contain any .properties or .config files. This is to update the mods but will not activate any that has not been active before.

If you want to activate one of the mods it's best to download the mod only packge (e.g. cropmod-0.43.zip). Those contain the .properties file for mod and activates the mod.

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/wiki/Installation

Documentation for the mods is at https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/wiki

• Like 3

an idea which im not sure if it has been brought up before.

What if modloader checked for a version number as it loads mods and then has a command which for GM only prints mod name and version number. Of course means the people making mod would need to add in this value or it would just print some default version number.

Thoughts?

There's already the #versions command.  Is that what you mean?

Yeah #versions does the trick, but so many mods are built without the required version tag for the functionality to be very useful. Could work towards a standard of adding it.

public String getVersion() {

return "vX.X";

}

I think Governor's mods are the only one's that include it from what I'm looking at on my server. A fairly simple addition, but reliant on the mod author to push it.

Edited by Ayluin

reliant on the modders knowing about it, never heard of it  *shrug*

I didn't either until your post :') But I often wondered why my mods would be loaded as 'unversioned' in the modlauncher.bat

added it to all mine now and will have it on next update i do.

• Like 1

By default the version is read from the Implementation-Version field from the jar manifest. But you can override the getVersion() method on the WurmMod class and return any version string you like.

Is there an official way to specify the version number of a created mod so that it appears in the server console on startup? As an alternative to just outputting something like "NappyServerMod_v1.9.1.1" using output commands. I feel like I read something about there being a proper way to do this using modloader but I can't find a reference to it anywhere.

~Nappy

I should have read Ago's & Cuddles and Ayluin's comment earlier, would have lead to a faster result.

Just needed to add to my class.

public String getVersion () {
      return "MyMod Version 1.9.1.7";
  }

Edited by Nappy