ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

48 minutes ago, Andobi said:

Mods discovered this way will have depend.ondemand=true set unless the properties file in the jar explicitly sets depend.ondemand to something else.

That's the key point, and the fact that mods with ondemand=true aren't loaded unless something depends on them.

Thank you bdew, this is the bit that I was missing. I've extracted a .properties file from the .jar and put it into the /mods folder. From this I've learnt two more things:

- I didn't need to rerun the patcher, the mod loaded up

- leaving the settings commented doesn't seem to actually deactivate them e.g.

#enableSeasonsCommand=true
enableSeasonsMotd=false

first line still is in effect even though commented out, suggesting that it is the default setting (not what I understood from the readme for the modloader)

second line explicitly overrides the default which would be set to true if this line was commented

Hopefully this is me done now. Summary:

Download and install modloader for server (and client if required) by unpacking the zip into the server folder i.e. Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher

there should end up being a /mods folder within the server folder

Run patcher file

Start patched server, resulting in .config files being generated in the /mods folder

these can be used to configure the mod, maybe the default settings are written there? But commented out, override if required (remove # from front of settings)

Close server for now

Extract .properties files from the .jar of the mod using 7zip, place them in the /mods folder

this is required to enable the mods

Nevermind, I'm dumb. Figured it out.

Edited by Scrubbs

On 5/26/2018 at 9:11 AM, Elsa said:

Okay just  a bit missleading and confusing.

The number of possible spell effects is limited so I reused the courier spell id for bag of holding. As far as I remember it's not easily possibly to replace the examine message of the spell since it goes to the Courier spell right away.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:16 AM, ozmods said:

crop mod isnt giving extra even after changing the "extra harvest" tried to change to 1000 as a test, same result.

I checked and it works as expected. I'm unsure though if the large number is causing issues.

# number: additional results from harvests
extraHarvest=50

Make sure you removed the hashmark on the line and check server.log for the amount the server uses

[08:54:09 AM] INFORMATION org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.cropmod.CropMod: disableWeeds: true
[08:54:09 AM] INFORMATION org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.cropmod.CropMod: extraHarvest: 50

[08:27:08 AM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator: Sindawn- action request failed.
com.wurmonline.server.skills.NoSuchSkillException: Unknown skill - unknown, total number of skills known is: 138
	at com.wurmonline.server.skills.Skills.getSkill(Skills.java:412)
	at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.BehaviourDispatcher.requestActionForSkillIds(BehaviourDispatcher.java:752)
	at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.BehaviourDispatcher.requestActions(BehaviourDispatcher.java:286)
	at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator.reallyHandle_CMD_REQUEST_ACTIONS(Communicator.java:7389)
	at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator.reallyHandle(Communicator.java:2370)
	at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketConnection.tick(SocketConnection.java:615)
	at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketServer.tick(SocketServer.java:172)
	at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:2514)
	at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
	at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

Error occurs whenever you open a context menu for a non-skill (Faith, Characteristics, Skills, etc.) in the "Skills" menu with the latest version of modlauncher.

@agoHello mate, can you make it possible to edit boh enchant on containers with the GM-Wand? (item/enchants)

Eject

Edited by Eject

3 hours ago, Eject said:

@agoHello mate, can you make it possible to edit boh enchant on containers with the GM-Wand? (item/enchants)

Eject

Yes please!  This would be very helpful.

• Like 1

It has been awhile since I started a LAN server from scratch. What do you suppose I'm doing wrong?  I am not getting any mods. After clicking modlauncher.bat, then patcher.bat, I get the following:

Spoiler

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server>set JAVA=java

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server>if exist runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server>if exist ..\runtime\bin\java.exe set JAVA=..\runtime\bin\java.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server>runtime\bin\java.exe -classpath patcher.jar;javassist.jar org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javassist/ClassPool
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar.run(PatchServerJar.java:84)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchServerJar.main(PatchServerJar.java:153)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javassist.ClassPool
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:349)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
        ... 2 more

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I don't get any patched launcher, and the game is totally vanilla. Would someone please remind me what I'm supposed to be doing?

I was able to do all of the sections in green, below. Got stuck when I used patcher.bat and got no patched launcher.

• Instructions
  • Extract the contents of server-modlauncher-<version>.zip into the dedicated server dir
  • Extract the contents of the additional mods you want to intall into the dedicated server dir. This will install the required .properties files to enable the mods.
  • Start modlauncher.bat or modlauncher.sh
  • Also check out the installation instructions

Patcher

•  run patcher.bat or patcher.sh to patch to server.jar and the WurmServerLaucher
  •  This will create WurmServerLaucher-patched which you can start like the original game but starts the modded version
  •  You can then copy WurmServerLaucher-patched to WurmServerLaucher to run the loader from Steam

More info.  I put the server modlauncher and mods into the Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server folder. Is that correct, or were they supposed to go into the Wurm Server Launcher folder?

Edited by Batta

Further to my question above: Here's a screenshot of what my WU Dedicated Server folder looks like before & after I double click the modlauncher.bat and patcher.bat.  Maybe it will be helpful?

WU_Dedicated_Server_-_unpatched_mods.jpg

Edited by Batta

2 hours ago, Batta said:

Further to my question above: Here's a screenshot of what my WU Dedicated Server folder looks like before & after I double click the modlauncher.bat and patcher.bat.  Maybe it will be helpful?

WU_Dedicated_Server_-_unpatched_mods.jpg

7 hours ago, Batta said:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javassist.ClassPool

you're missing javassist.jar that should have come with the modlauncher

6 hours ago, bdew said:

you're missing javassist.jar that should have come with the modlauncher

Oh!  I'll try downloading it again.  Thanks!

On 7/2/2018 at 11:49 AM, bdew said:

Hey ago can you please update JA to this new version - https://github.com/jboss-javassist/javassist/releases/tag/rel_3_23_1_ga ?

I've tested it with all the mods i use on my server and all my own mods and didn't see any issues. It fixes multiple annoying bugs in bytecode and stackmaps generation that i've run into.

@agodid you get a chance to look at it? I have a mod i want to release but can't because of bugs in the old JA (and not wanting to require people to manually replace the JA version that comes with modlauncher)...

Sorry, the digest from that day seemed to have been lost so I missed that message. I'll look into it

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 4:02 PM, ago said:

Sorry, the digest from that day seemed to have been lost so I missed that message. I'll look into it

Thanks!

For the life of me I cannot get the new tab to display what mods I want active. Excuse me I am new to Wrum and It could be something very simple I am missing.

I managed to get the new launcher created which I use to launch the server. Everything seams to work but within the dialog box to launch the server I do not have a mod tab. Please help 

The mod tab was from an extension to the modloader which has not been discontinued some time ago.

I'm having a new problem with BoH on my LAN server. The problem is not happening on my hosted public server. The settings on my LAN and public servers are identical, but on my LAN I'm unable to load any bins (FSB or BSB) into a large cart. On the public server we can load an FSB, several BSBs, several large crates, and lots of other items if the cart has a good QL BoH cast. On the LAN, a good BoH cast allows us to load a very large number of large crates, but still no bins. Here are my settings on both servers:

# spellCost: favor costs of the spell
spellCost=10
# spellDifficulty: difficulty. 20 is the same as courier
spellDifficulty=5
# spellCooldown: cooldown in milliseconds
# 300000 is 5 minutes
spellCooldown=300
# effectModifier: Determines how much larger the containers become
# 0: spell power directly determines the increase. a 10 cast will make the container 10 times larger
# any other number: quadratic progression up to effectModifier additional volume
# An effectModifier of 10 will give 2.5 times additional volume for a 50 cast and 10 times additional volume for a 100 cast.
effectModifier=100
# allowComponentItems: Allows bag of holding to apply to components of an item it's cast on (e.g. Bulk container units)
allowComponentItems=true

I tried creating a new LAN server, then tried uninstalling and reinstalling my entire WU Dedicated Server and starting from scratch. I also tried downloading my Bag of Holding files directly from the public hosted server and dropping them directly into my LAN server. 

I also tried changing the effectModifier to 0, then 1000, but it's the same.

Both the LAN and the public hosted server use custom maps of 2048 size. I don't get any error messages on the LAN, as we are successfully casting the BoH spell.

Edited by Batta

On 8/7/2018 at 2:08 PM, Batta said:

I'm having a new problem with BoH on my LAN server. The problem is not happening on my hosted public server. The settings on my LAN and public servers are identical, but on my LAN I'm unable to load any bins (FSB or BSB) into a large cart. On the public server we can load an FSB, several BSBs, several large crates, and lots of other items if the cart has a good QL BoH cast. On the LAN, a good BoH cast allows us to load a very large number of large crates, but still no bins. Here are my settings on both servers:

I tried creating a new LAN server, then tried uninstalling and reinstalling my entire WU Dedicated Server and starting from scratch. I also tried downloading my Bag of Holding files directly from the public hosted server and dropping them directly into my LAN server. 

I also tried changing the effectModifier to 0, then 1000, but it's the same.

Both the LAN and the public hosted server use custom maps of 2048 size. I don't get any error messages on the LAN, as we are successfully casting the BoH spell.

I'm not involved with the mod's development but it occured to me that this result would be possible if you were using two different versions of the same mod - might want to check that.

Edit for Clarity: It may not be BoH's mod that's enabling the loading of FSB and BSB - there may be another mod effecting it via synergy; I would download the ENTIRE mods folder along with the sub-folders and their contents to your LAN game from the server, also check that the Version of the Mod Loader itself is the same.

Edited by MystLeissa

2 hours ago, MystLeissa said:

It may not be BoH's mod that's enabling the loading of FSB and BSB - there may be another mod effecting it via synergy

I'm not sure what this means. Would you please explain?  What does "via synergy" mean in this context?

4 hours ago, Batta said:

I'm not sure what this means. Would you please explain?  What does "via synergy" mean in this context?

it means that the mods are interacting - in a beneficial way that isn't expected behavior. Basically instead of causing problems with the mods having similar functions it's also entirely possible for them to mesh quite well. Example: Mod A Creates an Item, Mod B Alters a Vanilla item it used as a template, Mod A Updates the Item modified by Mod B allowing both effects to be used.