ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

map.greendragon=[path to your map image, the same thing that you have there now, no need to change it]

1 minute ago, bdew said:

map.greendragon=[path to your map image, the same thing that you have there now, no need to change it]

Okay thank you very much. So is that the one and only change needed, or did I miss something?  And do I need to tell them where to find this, or will it be obvious?

9 minutes ago, Batta said:

Okay thank you very much. So is that the one and only change needed, or did I miss something?  And do I need to tell them where to find this, or will it be obvious?

you need to change it yourself probably, it's in mappings.txt in whatever jar file you use to send your custom map graphic.

• Like 1

I'm having a strange error with the mod loader since I updated to the latest version.  I updated the game, downloaded the updated mod loader and ran patcher.sh (I'm using a Debian Linux installation), and now when I try to run the server I'm getting this error:

[07:11:08 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.callbacks.Callbacks: Adding callback modPlayerTransfer to class com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry for  org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer with methods [__cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.willItemLeaveServer(int,com.wurmonline.server.items.Item,boolean), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.getRemoteItemTemplateId(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.setTargetServer(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.resetTargetServer(), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.updateServerStatus(com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry,boolean)]
javassist.NotFoundException: embark(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.players.Player

Any ideas?

Edited by Geddingwood

1 hour ago, Eject said:

have you updated your other mods too?

Yeah, I downloaded the updated server mod launcher, which includes all the mods.  Unless I somehow found one that wasn't on the base list... I'll have to check and get back to you.  Hopefully the error I posted will help shed some light on it since it shows the last line that completed successfully. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eject said:

Hello @ago

Because scriptrunner i get this errormessage:

https://pastebin.com/P8EvsZVi

The scriptrunner does not initialize the vehicle and creature helper classes so scripts for vehicles and creatures will not run unless another mod for creatures or vehicles is present as well.

Please try https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.34.1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geddingwood said:

I'm having a strange error with the mod loader since I updated to the latest version.  I updated the game, downloaded the updated mod loader and ran patcher.sh (I'm using a Debian Linux installation), and now when I try to run the server I'm getting this error:

[07:11:08 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.callbacks.Callbacks: Adding callback modPlayerTransfer to class com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry for  org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer with methods [__cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.willItemLeaveServer(int,com.wurmonline.server.items.Item,boolean), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.getRemoteItemTemplateId(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.setTargetServer(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.resetTargetServer(), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.updateServerStatus(com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry,boolean)]
javassist.NotFoundException: embark(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.players.Player

Any ideas?

Can you please post or upload the complete server.log file to pastebin? The embark method was moved from the Player class to the Creature class. You still have another mod which is not updated, the log complete should give some info which mod needs to be updated.

• Like 1

Update the modloader (or at least the scriptrunner mod) to version 0.34.1 and the error should be gone

• Like 1

Thank you mate i have the latest modloader (from days ago) and install now the new scriptrunner

I am very happy if this works =)

add

hitching works now without problems, the wagon permissions still dont work

thank you for your work mate

Edited by Eject

I have a problem running the ModLauncher on my Debian Linux server.

Looks like mods are loaded correctly, but when it comes to loading the ServerGUI - it crashes:

[12:27:51 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain: WurmServerGuiMain starting                                    
No protocol specified                                                                                                         
No protocol specified                                                                                                         
[12:27:52 AM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: Unable to open DISPLAY                         
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unable to open DISPLAY                                                               
        at com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.<init>(GtkApplication.java:68)                                                 
        at com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkPlatformFactory.createApplication(GtkPlatformFactory.java:41)                              
        at com.sun.glass.ui.Application.run(Application.java:146)                                                             
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.startup(QuantumToolkit.java:257)                                          
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.startup(PlatformImpl.java:211)                                             
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.startToolkit(LauncherImpl.java:675)                                        
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:695)                                  
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$155(LauncherImpl.java:182)                        
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)                                                                              

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unable to open DISPLAY                                                               
        at com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.<init>(GtkApplication.java:68)                                                 
        at com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkPlatformFactory.createApplication(GtkPlatformFactory.java:41)                              
        at com.sun.glass.ui.Application.run(Application.java:146)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.startup(QuantumToolkit.java:257)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.startup(PlatformImpl.java:211)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.startToolkit(LauncherImpl.java:675)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:695)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$155(LauncherImpl.java:182)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Any suggestions how to fix that?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Keyn said:

I have a problem running the ModLauncher on my Debian Linux server.

Looks like mods are loaded correctly, but when it comes to loading the ServerGUI - it crashes:

Any suggestions how to fix that?

Thanks!

Do you have a gui system on your server? If not you can run it in headless mode - https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Server_administration_(Wurm_Unlimited)#Headless

10 hours ago, bdew said:

Do you have a gui system on your server? If not you can run it in headless mode - https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Server_administration_(Wurm_Unlimited)#Headless

Yeah, I use KDE as GUI, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the Headless mode suggestion, I'll try that.

But still I'd like to fix that GUI problem, it's much more comfortable for me.

Graphics applications on Linux require the DISPLAY environment variable to determine where to display its windows. In headless mode this variable is not set. When running the server as a different user it may not have the permissions to connect to the display server.

In most cases the display server is using DISPLAY=:0.0

You can try to connect to the display server with the command

DISPLAY=:0.0 konsole

to start a terminal window

If this works you can start the WU server the same way

DISPLAY=:0.0 ./WurmServerLauncer

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm very new to running a server and got a vanilla game running but when I added these mods the server no longer appeared on the internet listing, only LAN. I'm really not sure what to do at this point and was hoping to get some guidance on the issue. Additionally, modlauncher.bat does nothing and closes itself after about a second or two.

Edited by CoffeeTanuki

9 hours ago, CoffeeTanuki said:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm very new to running a server and got a vanilla game running but when I added these mods the server no longer appeared on the internet listing, only LAN. I'm really not sure what to do at this point and was hoping to get some guidance on the issue. Additionally, modlauncher.bat does nothing and closes itself after about a second or two.

When this has happens to us (after every single WU update), the problem is mod conflicts. To resolve it, we first check toward the end of the server log to see if there are any noticeable Exceptions with any mods. If it mentions one or two, then we delete those mods, run patcher.bat again, and see if the server restarts properly.  If we can't find the problems in the server log, then we try removing mods that seem to have given a lot of other servers problems. Our last resort is to remove all our mods and add them back in one by one until the server stops working.  I hope this helps!

Edited by Batta

11 hours ago, Batta said:

When this has happens to us (after every single WU update), the problem is mod conflicts. To resolve it, we first check toward the end of the server log to see if there are any noticeable Exceptions with any mods. If it mentions one or two, then we delete those mods, run patcher.bat again, and see if the server restarts properly.  If we can't find the problems in the server log, then we try removing mods that seem to have given a lot of other servers problems. Our last resort is to remove all our mods and add them back in one by one until the server stops working.  I hope this helps!

I went through like you said and found out I was missing some dependencies. Thanks for the advice!! :D

So im in a bit of a weird issue

patched the server
added in only ago's mods

changed config settings
and none of the mods work 

every other mod i add in from anyone else does work

i redownloaded everything redid the modlauncher reinstalled the server everything and still none of ago's mods from the server-modlauncher-0.34.1.zip seem to work

here is the pastebin link https://pastebin.com/B65J3Qsh

i am seriously confused about it as the logs state they get loaded and there arent any conflicts as at the time of testing its just the mods from that zip file also tried the older version and nothing

yet other mods work fine once added

Edited by wipeout

when you install the modloader the packaged mods are not enabled by default. SImply unzip each of the individual mod packages into the server folder. This will add the require .properties file to enable to mod.

12 hours ago, CoffeeTanuki said:

Hmmm, I've gotten the mods to all work fine and I did get it running via LAN but my server still wont appear on the Internet tab. 

canyouseeme.org says port 3724 is open, but not 8766 or 27016

My router settings > https://www.dropbox.com/s/aniw33lyd5goccx/Screenshot 2018-04-30 18.10.50.png

For the steam server browser port i would not use the range i would just use the specific port that the wurm server uses.

Also

Could be a case that your ISP is blocking those ports, happened with me with ATT Uverse, i just used a changed the ports till i found one that was not. 

FYI as long as port 3724 is open players can use direct connect option to connect.