ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

13 minutes ago, Batta said:

Did you remember to run patcher.bat?  Every once in awhile I forget.

Yeah still nothing, strange.

2 minutes ago, conloch said:

Yeah still nothing, strange.

When this happens to me, I usually just uninstall the mod and reinstall it again. It sometimes works.

On 27.12.2017 at 5:13 PM, conloch said:

Hey there,

I can't seem to get the spellmod to have no delay on the faith gain timer. Any idea how to fix this?

Can you please post the first part of server.log up to " INFORMATION com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain: WurmServerGuiMain starting". This should contain information about how the spellmod is configured

On 14.12.2017 at 9:53 PM, ozmods said:

Nah dude, im done with fhis, 

every time i try using that 0.32 it messes up everything including my game, if i try using my map after i revert back, back to 0.31 i lose all my work, i get steam authentication errors, so nup,.. not losing all my work again. 

So I finally found the time to check out this issue.

As suspected it's a combination of the rendered servermap coupled with the large map. The code copied from the server to generate the mapdump is highly inefficient and requires more than 2GB just to render the 8k map. I'm going to fix this in a few of days. The workaround is to disable live rendering of the server map in servermap.config

renderServerMap=false

if you don't have a pre-rendered server map or don't want to send it to the clients you can also remove the servermap mod.

• Like 2

cheers dude, glad you finally figured it out, i'll wait until you update the launcher,

thanks again, and apologies for my rudeness, i lose patience very quickly .

Version 0.32.2

servermap

• Performance optimisations for the map renderer
  • Added isometric map renderer as default
    the old one can be selected with the config option renderer=shaded
  • Prioritize the map pack to overrule the artistic Ocrea and Heavenord maps

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.32.2

The isometric map renderer looks nicer but displaces objects on a high altitude. An annotation with the coordinates of a mountain top would display closer to the base of the mountain.

The performance optimisations are only in the map renderer used in the mod. The server commands to create the mapdumps (#savemapdump, #dumpcreatures, #dumpmarkers, #dumproutes) will still use an insane amount of memory, especially on larger maps.

• Like 1

This new servermap causes my LAN server to crash. Did I maybe put it in the wrong place?  I extracted it to my mods folder. 

Or...is it because I downloaded only this one mod from the new release, instead of all of them?

Edited by Batta

It crashes your LAN? Do you have logs?

It's probably best to extract the server-modlauncher-0.32.2.zip.It'll contain the latest modloader and mods. With 0.32 the serverpacks mod had some changes which are required for the servermap mod. I don't know if you already had that installed.

11 hours ago, ago said:

It crashes your LAN? Do you have logs?

It's probably best to extract the server-modlauncher-0.32.2.zip.It'll contain the latest modloader and mods. With 0.32 the serverpacks mod had some changes which are required for the servermap mod. I don't know if you already had that installed.

I hadn't installed the new modlauncher, only the new servermap, so I guess that's what happened!  I'll try doing that now.

I installed all the new mods twice, but neither time found any config files.  The properties files now say to configure each mod via a config file, but I don't see where to find them...Inside each zip file is the folder with a jar file, plus a properties file.  No config files.

On 1/1/2018 at 0:42 AM, Batta said:

I installed all the new mods twice, but neither time found any config files.  The properties files now say to configure each mod via a config file, but I don't see where to find them...Inside each zip file is the folder with a jar file, plus a properties file.  No config files.

If you use a recent version of the modlauncher the files will appear in your mods directory after the first time you run with the mods. If you are using an old version it doesn't know what to do with them and won't load them even if you manually extract them.

If I recall, I finally got the spellmod to run (using, I think the most recent versions : ) by making the changes in the config file, then renaming it to properties.

Before the rename it was not adding "white light" spells to a Fo priest.  After I renamed the file, there was much goodness in the kingdom.  (I did not comment, as I figured this was probably something so basic everyone - but me - knew to do it.  But just in case . . . )

On 1/2/2018 at 0:13 AM, bdew said:

If you use a recent version of the modlauncher the files will appear in your mods directory after the first time you run with the mods. If you are using an old version it doesn't know what to do with them and won't load them even if you manually extract them.

As soon as I launched the server, the config files showed up, as you said. Thanks!

Ok recently I have been trying to add in actions and spells that can be done while still in combat. I did some digging and I am pretty sure I have worked out the issue as to why I haven't been able to manage it.

in the actionbuilder you do

public ActionEntryBuilder(short number, String actionString, String verbString)
  {
    this(number, 5, actionString, verbString, actionString, (int[])null, 4, true);
  }

which is setting the priority to 5. I looked at trying to change the value with a reflection but that field is set as a private int in the server.jar. You set the method in loader that uses the priority also as a private. So basically I want to be able to set the priority to 4 and I have failed to find a way to do this.

Any advice?

NVM found what I was missing.

ActionEntry actionEntry = new ActionEntryBuilder((short)number, name, "casting", new int[] { 2, 36, 48 }).priority(4).build();

still not casting in combat but I can play around with it more to work out why.

Edited by Cuddles

The 0.32.2 config file for christmasmod causes my server to crash. It is not possible to remove the # signs from any of the years before 2018, either. I know I have no need to do so, but I thought it might be a clue about what's going wrong?  When I leave everything else the same, but just remove christmasmod, my server runs smoothly.

could the modder of the "crop mod" please add other crop types, instead of just barley and tomato.. it sure would make planting crops on a big scale a lot easier.. i looked the class files in a class viewer, but couldnt see anything i could change easily..

thanks in advance.

On 13.1.2018 at 6:11 AM, Batta said:

The 0.32.2 config file for christmasmod causes my server to crash. It is not possible to remove the # signs from any of the years before 2018, either. I know I have no need to do so, but I thought it might be a clue about what's going wrong?  When I leave everything else the same, but just remove christmasmod, my server runs smoothly.

Can you please provide the server.log of the crash?

On 17.1.2018 at 9:20 AM, ozmods said:

could the modder of the "crop mod" please add other crop types, instead of just barley and tomato.. it sure would make planting crops on a big scale a lot easier.. i looked the class files in a class viewer, but couldnt see anything i could change easily..

What do you mean? The crop mod does not handle any specific crop type. It just prevents aging to weed state and optionally adds a fixed number of extras to the harvesting result.

• Like 1

disregard, not sure why those field numbers are there, but doesnt matter now, i have found about the "extra harvest" instead of getting 10 or 11 i'm getting 200+ per field tile, which works for me, it means i will no longer have to worry about foraging.. for stuff like wheat.. which is hard to find.. and with the wurm winter coming i will have plenty of stuff to make.. and try the new recipe system to it's full potential..

cheers guys.

Edited by ozmods

8 hours ago, ago said:
On 1/12/2018 at 9:11 PM, Batta said:

Can you please provide the server.log of the crash?

I'm using a hosted server, so I'm not sure how to find this. What happens is just that the server won't start when I configure christmasmod, but is fine if I delete it. 

11 minutes ago, bdew said:

gms be unable to teleport sometimes until they relog.

oh right, i t hought this was just me.. but seems to be a bug, thanks for that, i didnt post about it, because i thought it was something screwy with my map... hope this gets fixed soon as.. cheers.

3 minutes ago, ozmods said:

oh right, i t hought this was just me.. but seems to be a bug, thanks for that, i didnt post about it, because i thought it was something screwy with my map... hope this gets fixed soon as.. cheers.

If you are affected by the bug, temporarily disabling serverpacks mod on your client should prevent it from happening for now.

• Like 2

Version 0.33

modloader

• Added hasHands, keepSex, maxPopulationOfCreatures, paintMode, bonusCombatRating to CreatureTemplateBuilder

BagOfHolding

• Add an option to allow BoH to apply to components in items (e.g. bulk storage unit) (bdew)

ServerPacks

• Fixed VisionArea being stuck in un-initialized state if serverpacks refresh command comes after it was already initialized. (bdew)

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.33

• Like 2

On 19.1.2018 at 0:16 AM, Batta said:

I'm using a hosted server, so I'm not sure how to find this. What happens is just that the server won't start when I configure christmasmod, but is fine if I delete it. 

If you have access to the game folder on the server you'll find the log in a file called server.log. This will overwrite when you restart the server so the errors won't be there right now. It would help if you could enable the lines in the config file, start the server, copy server.log from the server, comment the lines again and restart the server to a working state.

1 hour ago, ago said:

hasHands

Heh was just about to complain about it missing :P