ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

Be aware that at least one point in the past when I still had Desolation hosted by Citadel, the mod launcher version reported by their tool didn't match the actual modlauncher version shown in the server log file (like v0.17 versus 0.20 - can't recall actual numbers). This was a big enough problem that it caused server not to start until eventually the right modlauncher version was in place.

Can you please check in server.log that modlaoder 0.24 is actually loaded.

You also may have to run the patcher again.

The 0.24 modlauncher.jar has an entry to load flywaydb.jar. It must be an updated server since it tries to load flywaydb. But flywaydb is not loaded so I guess it's actually loading an older modloader.

what is the name from the logfile? i have a log folder with a lot of logfiles.

i have no idea how to start the patcher at citadel, i can just switch between start vanilla or start with modloader

Eject

edit: found a wurm.log, i will look at it

Edited by Eject

The modloader should create server.log in the root folder. the folder where modlauncher.jar is installed.

yeah found it

[08:21:07 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: ModLoader version v0.21-c34b1f1

its wrong i see, but i have uploaded manually the newest modloader

i find no way to start the patcher.bat from the admin panel at citadel

Edited by Eject

It's probably best to extract the contents of server-modlauncher-0.24.zip into a directory and copy the contents of the directory into the dedicated server directory on the server.

Edited by ago
This forum software sucks

12 minutes ago, Eject said:

i find no way to start the patcher.bat from the admin panel at citadel

You're runinng the modloader directly so there is no need to patch the .exe

i dont know why its starting with 0.21 i am very sure i uploaded the 0.24 today and overwrite all files....thats very odd

Edited by Eject

Hey guys, I have a quick question...if anybody could answer it would be greatly appreciated. I updated my server today and had to uninstall a few of the mods to get it working on a test server. One of them was the Craft More Things mod. I keep getting a bunch of error messages:

Spoiler

[08:05:02 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.Items: Problem getting Template for item summer hat (14019987749122) @1859,2709- No item template with id 7526
com.wurmonline.server.items.NoSuchTemplateException: No item template with id 7526
    at com.wurmonline.server.items.ItemTemplateFactory.getTemplate(ItemTemplateFactory.java:88)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Items.loadAllZoneItems(Items.java:937)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.startRunning(Server.java:835)
    at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer$1(ServerLauncher.java:119)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$1$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:55)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:302)
    at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startGame(WurmServerGuiController.java:1221)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startBtnClicked(WurmServerGuiController.java:141)
    at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$355(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$149(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Spoiler

Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$355(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$149(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        ... 61 more
Caused by: org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:312)
        at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startGame(WurmServerGuiController.java:1221)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startBtnClicked(WurmServerGuiController.java:141)
        ... 70 more
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$1$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:55)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:302)
        ... 73 more
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at com.wurmonline.server.Server.startRunning(Server.java:847)
        at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer$1(ServerLauncher.java:119)
        ... 79 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.wurmonline.server.items.Item.isTileAligned(Item.java:13799)
        at com.wurmonline.server.zones.VolaTile.addItem(VolaTile.java:1815)
        at com.wurmonline.server.zones.VolaTile.addItem(VolaTile.java:1775)
        at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone.addItem(Zone.java:1905)
        at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone.loadAllItemsForZone(Zone.java:2427)
        at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.createZones(Zones.java:1638)
        at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.<clinit>(Zones.java:268)
        ... 81 more

Server will not connect to steam and posts the bottom errors. Thanks for your time guys!!

edit: fixed the item template issues but the second dropdown box message still apears

Edited by Governor

this is a very interessting answer that i got now from one staff from citadel lol.....anyway, all is running now at me, i found jzst 2 mods that are not running

"Wurm Unlimited has launched a new patch that made the modloader obsolete." 

Edited by Eject

6 hours ago, Governor said:

edit: fixed the item template issues but the second dropdown box message still apears

The errors seems to be caused by missing templates too so it might be related to craftmorethings.

14 hours ago, ago said:

The errors seems to be caused by missing templates too so it might be related to craftmorethings.

Thank you for the response and for helping to get so many people's servers running again. I got the re-compiled version of that mod. however I think the same issue from 2 other item mods. Facades(wall panels) and Clay removal. Any way we can clean the database of the items missing from the mods so that it might load the server again? I don't wanna have to wait for the authors to update (might have some unhappy settlers haha) Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Edit: moved to another post as to not disrupt this one

Edited by Governor

When i get a completely fresh version of the dedicated server, and the modloader which i found at https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases (Took forever before i found it..) i placed it inside the fresh server directory.

Attempt 1. I move all the files to the directory and patch it, when i patch the server it all goes well and tells me that it has been patched. I try to start it with the WurmServerLauncher-patched.exe file and i get this as the picture below.

Spoiler

e594fff02d5f7ceb5a3dda3804b97f2b.png

Attempt 2. I do just as above, except i do not patch the server and start the modlauncher.bat and i get this text below.

Spoiler

[05:55:38 EM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: ModLoader version v0.24-8d9c668
[05:55:39 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain: WurmServerGuiMain starting
[05:55:39 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Constants: Loading configuration file at E:\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\.\Creative\wurm.ini
[05:55:39 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Constants: Loading configuration file at E:\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\.\Creative\wurm.ini
[05:55:39 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.DbConnector: Starting to close all Database Connections.
[05:55:39 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.DbConnector: Finished closing all Database Connections.
[05:55:39 EM] INFO org.flywaydb.core.internal.util.VersionPrinter: Flyway 4.0.3 by Boxfuse
[05:55:39 EM] INFO org.flywaydb.core.internal.dbsupport.DbSupportFactory: Database: jdbc:sqlite:Creative/sqlite/wurmcreatures.db (SQLite 3.0)
[05:55:39 EM] INFO org.flywaydb.core.internal.dbsupport.sqlite.SQLiteDbSupport: SQLite does not support setting the schema. Default schema NOT changed to main
[05:55:39 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Servers: Loading all servers.
[05:55:39 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Servers: Loading [MGS] Skillgain x7, Actions x10 No crop rot, No upkeep! - 32716
[05:55:39 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Servers: Using database entry for time 44977000
[05:55:39 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.zones.TilePoller: Current polltile=816060, rest=0 pollmodifier=38487, pollround=57
[05:55:39 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.zones.TilePoller: tiles=4194304, mask=-1 ticksperday=3456000, Nthick=1, rest=0, manypertick=true
[05:55:39 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Servers: Loaded 1 servers from the database
[05:55:39 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Servers: Created properties table in the database
[05:55:39 EM] SEVERE com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain: 
file:/E:/Wurm%20Unlimited%20Dedicated%20Server/server.jar!/com/wurmonline/server/gui/WurmServerGui.fxml

javafx.fxml.LoadException: 
file:/E:/Wurm%20Unlimited%20Dedicated%20Server/server.jar!/com/wurmonline/server/gui/WurmServerGui.fxml

at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.constructLoadException(FXMLLoader.java:2601)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2571)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2441)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.load(FXMLLoader.java:2409)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain.start(WurmServerGuiMain.java:112)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$162(LauncherImpl.java:863)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$175(PlatformImpl.java:326)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.java:295)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformImpl.java:294)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2566)
    ... 12 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: ControlsFX Error: ControlsFX 8.20.8 requires at least Java 8u20
    at impl.org.controlsfx.version.VersionChecker.doVersionCheck(VersionChecker.java:86)
    at org.controlsfx.control.ControlsFXControl.<init>(ControlsFXControl.java:35)
    at org.controlsfx.control.PropertySheet.<init>(PropertySheet.java:220)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.propertysheet.ServerPropertySheet.initializeLocalServer(ServerPropertySheet.java:897)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.propertysheet.ServerPropertySheet.<init>(ServerPropertySheet.java:682)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.buildSelectServerBox(WurmServerGuiController.java:1448)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.initialize(WurmServerGuiController.java:1151)
    ... 22 more

Now, I don't know what else to try. Anyone else has any ideas?

Edited by PleagueX

> ControlsFX 8.20.8 requires at least Java 8u20

The is no runtime folder for Java. The dedicated server usually comes with a bundled Java version.

The ControlsFX package seems to have a broken version check which fails for the current Java 8u121.

Using the ancient distributed Java package however works.

Validating the installation through steam or steamcmd should recreate the runtime folder

Edited by ago

Okay. Something wierd is going on. When going to SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher

I place the modloader in there instead of copying the entire server folder to a different harddrive and start it up, it works as it should.

Something happens when copying it over to a different location. :o

Decided to bump a skill on a GM to test something while on a break at work.  As soon as I clicked skill/learn with my wand activated, I could see the server log tail window start the shutdown process.

It didn't do a clean shutdown after waiting for 10 minutes,  so I hesitantly killed the process.  Started back up with no apparent corruption

Section of the log with the crash.  

Spoiler

[01:56:01 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.items.DbItem: SaveItemLastMaintained batch took 382 ms for 701 updates.
[01:56:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone: Zone at 1728, 768 polled 52 tiles. That took 918.11475 millis.
[01:56:24 PM] SEVERE com.wurmonline.server.Server: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:312)
	at com.wurmonline.server.Players.pollPlayers(Players.java)
	at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:1845)
	at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$6$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:180)
	... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wurmonline/server/questions/LearnSkillQuestion
	at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Methods.sendLearnSkillQuestion(Methods.java:1172)
	at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TileBehaviour.action(TileBehaviour.java:2580)
	at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Action.poll(Action.java:2915)
	at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionStack.poll(ActionStack.java:237)
	at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.pollActions(Player.java:9602)
	at com.wurmonline.server.Players.pollPlayers$1(Players.java:4378)
	... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.wurmonline.server.questions.LearnSkillQuestion
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at javassist.Loader.delegateToParent(Loader.java:426)
	at javassist.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:312)
	... 15 more

[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down at: 
java.lang.Exception
	at com.wurmonline.server.Server.shutDown(Server.java:3528)
	at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:2511)

[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Polling Battles
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.ai.CreaturePathFinder: Shutting down Norm pathfinder
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.ai.CreaturePathFinderAgg: Shutting down Agg pathfinder
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.ai.CreaturePathFinderNPC: Shutting down NPC pathfinder
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving Players
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Players: Saving Players
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Players: Finished saving Players
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Clearing Item Database Batches
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.items.DbItem: Saved last maintained batch size 6
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving Creatures
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Clearing Creature Database Batches
[01:56:31 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving all creatures
[01:56:32 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Saved 79 creature statuses.
[01:56:32 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving All Zones
[01:59:38 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: current mem in use: 2369M free mem: 485M Max mem: 4107M
player count: 11
bytes in: 0 bytes out: 0 total in: 12944561 total out: 121460167
Server uptime: 93000 seconds. Unanswered questions:0
[02:00:13 PM] WARNING javafx.css: Error loading image: jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Wurm%20Unlimited%20Dedicated%20Server/server.jar!/com/wurmonline/server/gui/img/RedButton_pressed_Server.jpg

Please check the modification time of server.jar. It's possible that steam updated the server while it was running.I've had such an effect once when excatly this happend and steam replaced server.jar with a newer version breaking the class loading from the old jar file.

2 hours ago, Ikeprof said:

Decided to bump a skill on a GM to test something while on a break at work.  As soon as I clicked skill/learn with my wand activated, I could see the server log tail window start the shutdown process.

It didn't do a clean shutdown after waiting for 10 minutes,  so I hesitantly killed the process.  Started back up with no apparent corruption

Section of the log with the crash.  

Hide contents

[01:56:01 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.items.DbItem: SaveItemLastMaintained batch took 382 ms for 701 updates.
[01:56:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone: Zone at 1728, 768 polled 52 tiles. That took 918.11475 millis.
[01:56:24 PM] SEVERE com.wurmonline.server.Server: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at com.wurmonline.server.Players.pollPlayers(Players.java)
	at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:1845)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$6$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:180)
	... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wurmonline/server/questions/LearnSkillQuestion
	at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Methods.sendLearnSkillQuestion(Methods.java:1172)
	at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TileBehaviour.action(TileBehaviour.java:2580)
	at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Action.poll(Action.java:2915)
	at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionStack.poll(ActionStack.java:237)
	at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.pollActions(Player.java:9602)
	at com.wurmonline.server.Players.pollPlayers$1(Players.java:4378)
	... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.wurmonline.server.questions.LearnSkillQuestion
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at javassist.Loader.delegateToParent(Loader.java:426)
	at javassist.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:312)
	... 15 more

[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down at: 
java.lang.Exception
	at com.wurmonline.server.Server.shutDown(Server.java:3528)
	at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:2511)

[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Polling Battles
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.ai.CreaturePathFinder: Shutting down Norm pathfinder
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.ai.CreaturePathFinderAgg: Shutting down Agg pathfinder
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.ai.CreaturePathFinderNPC: Shutting down NPC pathfinder
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving Players
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Players: Saving Players
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Players: Finished saving Players
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Clearing Item Database Batches
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.items.DbItem: Saved last maintained batch size 6
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving Creatures
[01:56:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Clearing Creature Database Batches
[01:56:31 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving all creatures
[01:56:32 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Saved 79 creature statuses.
[01:56:32 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving All Zones
[01:59:38 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: current mem in use: 2369M free mem: 485M Max mem: 4107M
player count: 11
bytes in: 0 bytes out: 0 total in: 12944561 total out: 121460167
Server uptime: 93000 seconds. Unanswered questions:0
[02:00:13 PM] WARNING javafx.css: Error loading image: jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Wurm%20Unlimited%20Dedicated%20Server/server.jar!/com/wurmonline/server/gui/img/RedButton_pressed_Server.jpg

Worried that my post got eaten by forum timing

It wasn't eaten. Check my previous post.

Simply strange.

Yesterday, I downed the server, made a backup, then ran the update process via steam.

Started the server, the server launcher indicated some message about updating, I assume it was a schema change.  Ran that, started the server fine.

Taking a copy of server.jar from my test server and copying it onto my active server did fix the issue.  I just don't know how it happened in the first place.

Thanks and sorry to bother

What is scriptrunner? Is it something new?  I don't recall seeing it before.

deleted an auto-copied post

Edited by Batta

When I unzip these files, they seem to be missing the .properties files -- or am I just looking in the wrong place?  In the mods folder, in each mod's individual folder, there is only a jar file, nothing else.