ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

I seem to be having an issue with getting my friends to connect to me, before installing I run as offline and they can connect, I run modloader.bat and then suddenly they can't connect, any idea what could be going on?

48 minutes ago, Houyami said:

I seem to be having an issue with getting my friends to connect to me, before installing I run as offline and they can connect, I run modloader.bat and then suddenly they can't connect, any idea what could be going on?

If you are running in offline mode originally I am surprised they are able to connect with your server.

When you run modloader I think it puts it into online mode, meaning steam authentication.

4 hours ago, Nappy said:

If you are running in offline mode originally I am surprised they are able to connect with your server.

When you run modloader I think it puts it into online mode, meaning steam authentication.

Any idea how to run it in offline? Mainly because I don't question how they have wurm but would still like to play with them as it is more fun.

Edit: Managed to fix the issue, but now I am unable to tell if server mods are active or not.

Edited by Houyami

This latest update, breaks my game, i run 'previous' version because he .3 is busted, 

Is it no longer possible to get the modlauncher? all i see when i follow the link is this 'christmasmod.zip'. there is no ' server-modlauncher-<version>.zip '.

4 hours ago, bigsteve said:

its a mod, extract it the to the mod folder

if I use this with 0.20 mod launcher, the launcher doesn't load, so I wont use it, there is a 0.21 version but until they fix the bugs in the latest client, I wont use this latest mod launcher.

Christmas mod is weird...not installed on the server but it is still present. I'm assuming it is added by default however it is causing problems on server such as unable to "#give" and new GM's do not get a wand, and it messed with the altar being unable to select a god to worship at the altar of three.

On 12/26/2016 at 6:32 PM, bigsteve said:

its a mod, extract it the to the mod folder

Yes, i know how to install a mod. that wasn't the question. The question was, how can i get server modlauncher. christmasmod is not it.

Edited by Lizabtte

11 hours ago, coffeene said:

Christmas mod is weird...not installed on the server but it is still present. I'm assuming it is added by default however it is causing problems on server such as unable to "#give" and new GM's do not get a wand, and it messed with the altar being unable to select a god to worship at the altar of three.

The mod is actually in the demo package and not part of the regular distribution. Unless you installed the christmas mod from 0.21.1 there should either be none or the server would not start at all.

Handing out the GM wands sets the same reimbursed flag as is needed for the christmas gifts. So either GMs don't get a gift or they get a new GM wand each time they log in. Or something like that. I'm not 100% sure about this since I added that code over a year ago.

#give should still work. I used #give to create new gifts to test the correct unwrapping.

Using Citadel Servers service to host wurm they have integrated the mod loader and mods are dumped into the mod folder via ftp and the .disabled is then renamed .properties. Their instructions on enabling mods is to do this. I have done so and none of the mods that I have loaded onto the server work. Looking at the preloaded mods they have already they have .enabled instead of .properties. so ive gone and changed all the .properties to .enabled. this also does not work. Thinking ive got mods that are incompatible with each other ive removed all the mods and tried using one at a time. the mods still do not work. What am I doing wrong?  

Check the server.log file on your server. You will find the actual modloader version near the beginning of the file. This also shows if modloader is even being used.

modloader expects the files to be .properties too btw not .enabled

3 minutes ago, Nappy said:

modloader expects the files to be .properties too btw not .enabled

While ive got you here, can you explain to me how to create spawn points for all the factions. I was told I need to place a guard tower before the settlement and that I need a new GM for each settlement. I set faith on each of them to a different god. placed a tower and then the settlement. The villages show up in the teleport menu with # and none are anywhere near water. Once ive placed them I log in with a standard toon and only one of the settlements for WL and BL show up in the menu on the setup screen. Also when placing the Light side guard towers with each of the different GM's the guards that spawn for them are all Freedom isles guards instead of MR JK and so on. Ive never set the server to Home server either. The DB file also shows 0 for home server. Any clue as to why I cant place All the factions settlements.

you have to setup your server as pvp, have you?

for the mods...you have also to install the CLIENT mod loader tinto your gamedirectory

Edited by Eject

4 minutes ago, Eject said:

you have to setup your server as pvp, have you?

for the mods...you have also to install the CLIENT mod loader tinto your gamedirectory

I have installed the mod loader yes. And PVP has been selected. Im starting to think that this is a server side issue as Ive done everything properly as far as I know.

i am also on citadel and my mods are running, click at "Commandline Manager" in the GP and start here the server with the modloader. dont forget to select the correct map.

Eject

Edited by Eject

Rightclick the guard tower with wand - Set Data, and set the AUXDATA to match the guards you want to be spawning. (eg. 4 = freedom, 1 = Jenn-Kellon etc).

19 hours ago, Jukken said:

Rightclick the guard tower with wand - Set Data, and set the AUXDATA to match the guards you want to be spawning. (eg. 4 = freedom, 1 = Jenn-Kellon etc).

This works but now im having issues with the settlement guards killing the tower guards. When I go into the settlement resize menu it shows that no matter what faction I set the settlement to for WL it reverts to Freedom Isles. Also im getting an error on citadel with loading a custom map. [ Error: Could not find or load main class start=CustomMap ]

Make sure the person founding the settlement is of the correct kingdom.