ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

ago if he needs help with headless configuration id be happy to help out with the setup.  

It seems that I'm getting warnings from InbreedWarning mod when breeding any two creatures found in the wild. Might be something to look at.

Other than that, good stuff as always, ago! :)

On 6.12.2015 10:47:39, Thirn said:

It seems that I'm getting warnings from InbreedWarning mod when breeding any two creatures found in the wild. Might be something to look at.

Found it. There'll be a new release tomorrow. Apparently -10 (no creature) equals -10 ;)

• Like 1

Hey Ago,

I did a bit of testing with breeding and it seems like all my offspring gets trait 8,9 and 10 every time. I can't seem to figure out where this is coming from

1 hour ago, AbsolutelyNobody said:

Hey Ago,

I did a bit of testing with breeding and it seems like all my offspring gets trait 8,9 and 10 every time. I can't seem to figure out where this is coming from

I've noticed that too.

it's probably the same thing. The check for inbreeding is

maleCreature.getFather() == femaleCreature.getFather() ||
maleCreature.getMother() == femaleCreature.getMother() ||
maleCreature.getWurmId() == femaleCreature.getFather() ||
maleCreature.getMother() == femaleCreature.getWurmId()

A naturally spawned creature has no parents so father and mother are set to -10. When breeding two naturally spawned creatures the above check is true because -10 == -10 and it's considered inbreeding with a higher chance for negative traits.

double post because of forum lag

Edited by ago

21 minutes ago, ago said:

Version 0.12

ModLoader

• print mod version information from META-INF/MANFEST.MF Implementation-Version

InbreedWarning

• Don't print warning for naturally spawned creatures (the server still considers this inbreeding due to a bug)

CropMod

• Minor performance optimization in the hook

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.12

Cheers for that!

Have a couple of questions, suggestions (oh, dear) and maybe a request (oh, dear dear), though :

1. Re: inbreeding -- would it be possible to mod it so the server does not consider -10 as a valid parent and thus prevents the inbreeding? Not sure, though, if fixing server bugs is in the scope of this mod (although a line of mods that fix shi stuff like that, which has been around forever, might be wildly welcomed);
  2. Re: updates -- could we get info if the .properties file has been changed (or not) between the versions; so when updating the user (I mean 'me') knows that they can skip tediously comparing the files to see if anything new has been added and just overwrite everything else? :)
  3. Re: work sounds -- (specifically, making them play on actions that faster than 5s) in the other thread you briefly mentioned that it's a possibly; I'm wondering if it's still something you consider modding in? I know for certain that many players (I, of course, again mean 'me' :rolleyes:) would welcome it fondly. On the specifics, I think making the sound start at 2 (or 1.5) seconds could be just the thing; other than that, I was wondering if it's possible to check if a player is already generating a work-sound and prevent new one from playing? There are some exceptions to all that, I think -- seems like gathering skills have their own timings (i.e.: woodcutting sounds can spam as fast as you can preform the action) and obviously messing with stuff like walking or fighting sounds should be avoided... oh, dear, looks like it might quite messy to implement, eh? :unsure:

Anyways -- as usual, thanks for your work!

Hey Ago, Why don't we remove the last 3 traits for now. so far I only got a max of 7 traits made anyway and that way we should actually get the right traits going so that colors will show.

Thanks

1. I submitted a bug report and if this gets fixed quickly there's no use in pulling together a mod. If it going to take longer then I'll consider starting a bug fix mod

2. Whenever there is a new setting for a mod I'll include it in the change log. The entries in the properties file will usually be the default value anyway. The 3 demo mods I currently have a separate zips will probably be phased out soon as there is now the creaturesmod from AbsolutelyNobody with way more creatures, the DiggingLikeMining mod from WalkerInTheVoid and afaik the hitchingpost was in a separate mod too.

3. I don't plan to touch the sounds, This is partly because I don't like the noise and because there a a lot of places to change with a high risk of unintentionally breaking something. I don't have the time to maintain it, fix the bugs and add exceptions.

30 minutes ago, ago said:

1. I submitted a bug report and if this gets fixed quickly there's no use in pulling together a mod. If it going to take longer then I'll consider starting a bug fix mod

2. Whenever there is a new setting for a mod I'll include it in the change log. The entries in the properties file will usually be the default value anyway. The 3 demo mods I currently have a separate zips will probably be phased out soon as there is now the creaturesmod from AbsolutelyNobody with way more creatures, the DiggingLikeMining mod from WalkerInTheVoid and afaik the hitchingpost was in a separate mod too.

3. I don't plan to touch the sounds, This is partly because I don't like the noise and because there a a lot of places to change with a high risk of unintentionally breaking something. I don't have the time to maintain it, fix the bugs and add exceptions.

1. Roger.
  2. What I (mostly) meant is that I'm usually making sure that no new values have been added, just in case. Anyway - roger that.
  3. That is absolutely understandable. I have a feeling that the sound system in general is a fine mess of spaghetti code and patches that nobody at CodeClub wants to touch anymore (judging by what razorexq is going through, trying to restore rain and thunder sounds). Now, maybe it's time to look into some java crash-courses myself. And forsake all sanity... hm.

Is this where I would suggest something for the solo Priest mod?

Playing as a Champion on a server without PVP is... rather difficult. You can't enchant anything.

If you wanted to make a few modifications to the Champion system...

1. Remove Champion points. Entirely. They serve absolutely no purpose, and there's no way to get them.
  2. Remove the 6 month limitation, and subsequent stat drop. At least make them toggles. With only a couple people on our server, we don't need it to stop to let other people have a turn.

I'm looking for a way to solo Uniques. This SEEMED like a great idea, a way to bypass the long wait to farm Faith. Until I realized I couldn't actually cast Life Transfer on anything. And, that Locate Artifact is a horrible, horrible spell.

On 25/10/2015 at 6:33 PM, ago said:

I installed this just fine changed the mods from .disabled to .mods and run the patched then it made the patched launcher however the mods are not working despite this could someone please tell me what I did wrong even though I followed the instructions..

You change .disabled to .properties, not .mods. Rename the extensions and they will work just fine. :)

EDIT: The folder they go into is called mods.

Edited by Audrel

On 25/10/2015 at 6:33 PM, ago said:

Thank you. :)

Edited by Seodanrot

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.13

Version 0.13

ModLauncher

• Added framework for adding new actions
  • modlauncher.sh will now pick the java runtime for non-dedicated server installs
  • modlauncher.sh will pick the correct .so folder on 32 and 64bit

ActionDemo

Edited by ago

Is it possible to use serverpacks to place a custom map into the clients so that when players press M the custom map shows up? If so could I get some easy instructions for a noob?

I remember ago saying that the serverpacks mod could be used to push packs with PMK models to clients, could we please get instructions or a guide for this?

Edited by Hippiedruid
added a bit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hippiedruid said:

Is it possible to use serverpacks to place a custom map into the clients so that when players press M the custom map shows up? If so could I get some easy instructions for a noob?

I remember ago saying that the serverpacks mod could be used to push packs with PMK models to clients, could we please get instructions or a guide for this?

Players need to have the client mod loader installed for that to work. Detailed instructions are on page 3 of the client mod loader thread.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134945-alpha-client-mod-loader/

14 minutes ago, Lucinel said:

Players need to have the client mod loader installed for that to work. Detailed instructions are on page 3 of the client mod loader thread.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134945-alpha-client-mod-loader/

I see how to get the client mod loader to work, this video was really helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ikK1ijpPc

However, I still do not understand (as a server owner) how to create a pack that gets pushed to clients.

I also still don't understand how to create a pack for the custom PMK tabards/banners/wagons and such.

45 minutes ago, Hippiedruid said:

I see how to get the client mod loader to work, this video was really helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ikK1ijpPc

However, I still do not understand (as a server owner) how to create a pack that gets pushed to clients.

I also still don't understand how to create a pack for the custom PMK tabards/banners/wagons and such.

Ago did a pretty detailed explanation in that thread. If that doesn't help which bit are you having trouble with?

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134945-alpha-client-mod-loader/&page=3#comment-1389905

and

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134945-alpha-client-mod-loader/&do=findComment&comment=1392684

Hope that helps a little.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lucinel said:

Ago did a pretty detailed explanation in that thread. If that doesn't help which bit are you having trouble with?

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134945-alpha-client-mod-loader/&page=3#comment-1389905

and

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134945-alpha-client-mod-loader/&do=findComment&comment=1392684

Hope that helps a little.

I should be able to make the map work with this thanks, is there any more info on how to make a pack with PMK models>?

Edit: I'm really close, I got the "got server pack" and "added server pack" in the client console, but it also states "No mapping found for map.new"? (tried relogging after I got all of these messages)

Edit2: Map doesnt equal MapName in the database.... doh, now I get "No mapping found for map.onlycreativeevil"

Edited by Hippiedruid