ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

2 minutes ago, ago said:

Alright, I did the login process in the debugger and had a nice face palm. The MOTD prints the *current* and *upcoming* seasons (like in one day). If all seasons take longer there's no message.

The problems with the packs may indeed be connection problems due to the firewalls. The option to select a port is disabled by default because a conflict would shutdown the server right away. But not selecting a port and opening it in the firewall will probably prevent the download. I'll add something to make the errors more noticable in the client (like in the event window). The logging capabilities in the client do not help much for the average user.

Wait im an average player.. im offended :P   

Don't feel too bad. I used to be a network SME - Cisco CCNA/CCNP etc. Just a matter of figuring out what to check. I am going through the firewall settings now.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ago said:

Alright, I did the login process in the debugger and had a nice face palm. The MOTD prints the *current* and *upcoming* seasons (like in one day). If all seasons take longer there's no message.

The problems with the packs may indeed be connection problems due to the firewalls. The option to select a port is disabled by default because a conflict would shutdown the server right away. But not selecting a port and opening it in the firewall will probably prevent the download. I'll add something to make the errors more noticable in the client (like in the event window). The logging capabilities in the client do not help much for the average user.

Oh! The Motd is like a notice if your in a harvest-able season? Hey that's kind of neat. I wasn't thinking that I might be running in a time that there is nothing for me to harvest so I would not get the message.

The jar from the ships wood type mod is rather large. It only take moments for it to transfer from server to client on local host. I am sure it would seem like a frightening game crash over a slow broadband.

I was wondering if there is planned for a splash dialog during the time the client is receiving the packs.

I'm working on a script that monitors the server, and eventually tries to reload the server if it has crashed. Is there a way, when running the modloader.bat, we can force the UI to start the server, bypassing the need to click the green start server button?

Thanks!

Hello, I'm hoping to run this for my server, but I need to know how does one access the config, and what options does it give? I mainly want to enable the spell limitations.

Many thanks.

10 minutes ago, exelsiar said:

Hello, I'm hoping to run this for my server, but I need to know how does one access the config, and what options does it give? I mainly want to enable the spell limitations.

Many thanks.

In the mods folder your mods jar files are in there own folder and outside are the modname.disabled or modname.properties files. to enable a mod chang the modname.disabled to modname.properties and edit them with a text editor.

\mods\SomeModFolder\SomeMod.jar

\mods\Somemod.propertiies

Hello, just to cover my bases, this doesn't require any client mods right?

1 hour ago, exelsiar said:

Hello, just to cover my bases, this doesn't require any client mods right?

Not require per say.

There is a client side mod loader from this same author and it is used currently to receive  graphic packs from the server if it has mods that the client needs to work with. Like the ship wood graphics pack or the hitching mod that is server side code and client side graphics model for a new craftable object.

You can run a modded server without the client using a mod loader itself. Only if you use the two mods I just mentioned or others that do not exist yet that have graphic packs then you may want to use the client loader for your client.

for the ships you would just get a message that the server tried to send you a graphics pack. all boats would have the Wurm vanilla texture. However the hitching post would be a baggy on the ground you could hitch animals to without the graphics pack.

I hope this helped.

1 minute ago, Crustyfoot said:

Not require per say.

There is a client side mod loader from this same author and it is used currently to receive  graphic packs from the server if it has mods that the client needs to work with. Like the ship wood graphics pack or the hitching mod that is server side code and client side graphics model for a new craftable object.

You can run a modded server without the client using a mod loader itself. Only if you use the two mods I just mentioned or others that do not exist yet that have graphic packs then you may want to use the client loader for your client.

for the ships you would just get a message that the server tried to send you a graphics pack. all boats would have the Wurm vanilla texture. However the hitching post would be a baggy on the ground you could hitch animals to without the graphics pack.

I hope this helped.

Ahh, thanks, I thought it was something along those lines, but figured I shouldn't assume :3

Bag of holding on a dredge makes the game behave weird, sometimes the dirt disapear from my inventory but still count toward the weight.

Restarting the client doesn't fix it, but restarting the server does.

So say i wanted to replace the ingame map with a map dump of my server instead i get that that can be done with the serverpack mod but how exactly to do it is just lost to me currently(might be because i had a really really really long day today and its something really really simple and im just missing it)

The packs load after the regular packs so overwriting an entry is currently not possible. I don't know how the resource identifier for map is constructed.

In general you create a pack file with proper mappings and you either add it to the directory of the mod and add "serverPacks=nameofpack.jar" to the properties file of the mod. Or you add the pack to the serverpacks directory and add the "serverPacks=nameofpack.jar" to serverpacks.properties

all this hard work you should also have a dontation paypal thingy,  i'd like to send ya money  , without this work you and other are doing WU would be rough.

• Like 3

There were a few patches during the forum down time:

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.10.3

Version 0.10.3

DigToGround

* removed obsolete inventory checks
* dredging will dredge into the boat unless the boat if full

Version 0.10.2

ServerPacks

* Added option to configure the publicly annnounced server address

Version 0.10.1

Serverpacks

* Server announces IP address instead of reverse lookedup hostname

and for the donations: paypal.me/ago1024 :D

• Like 1

On 11/25/2015, 3:47:01, ago said:

There were a few patches during the forum down time:

DigToGround

* removed obsolete inventory checks
* dredging will dredge into the boat unless the boat if full

Anyway to have dredging drop into the water in piles as an option flag?  

Possible issue : This might be a coincidence (or bad luck) but since I started using the DigToGround mod I have not dug up a single emerald... previously, I would get like 2 or 3 of them from the volume I moved since the mod was enabled.

Anyway, thanks a freakin' million for your work ago! Simply awesome job there.

confirm.    Rare dirt does spawn but gems do not that we've seen.    Nice mod BTW. 

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.11.1

Two releases: Creatures mod and gem fix for DigToGround

Version 0.11.1

DigToGround

• don't drop gems into the void

Version 0.11

• Added creatures mod demo
  • Added inbreed warning

ModLoader

• Added for custom creatures
  • Check for early class loading

ServerPacks

• Fixed error in sample properties
  • Responses include Cache-Control: max-age=1 year

CreatureDemo

• Added custom creatures from AbsolutlyNobodys mod
    • Zebra
    • Panda
    • Ocelot
    • Maine-Coon wildcat variation

InbreedWarning

• Print a warning when breeding related animals

DigToGround

• Added option to disable dredge to ship

HitchingPost

• Fix interacting with the hitching post by setting bigger dimensions

• Like 1

Just tried starting it, my server loads fine with the new digtoground mod but the creature mod wants to crash.
Not sure what the problem is. I took a look and everything seems fine to me

nvm, I must have been using an older version of modlauncher. reinstalled it and it works now. gonna go test the rest

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody

Might be a cool idea to add a version stamp message inside the modloader so when it starts it reports the version in the log

I am looking forward to seeing the creatures in the new modloader release. I should be checking it out tonight.

Edited by Nappy
  • Like 1