ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

Oh awesome, the comments really help (didnt think you could disable the favorLimit). Could you split removePriestRestrictions into a few separate categories? Like Building, Improving, and GodSpecific(logging/mining/etc)?

It could possibly be done if someone goes through all 693 actions, identifies them and compiles a list of all actions for the categories. But I have no plans to do that.

Dang, thats a bigger job than I thought it would be. Thank you for making this mod :) !

Would there be any way to remove the restriction of only getting faith ups 5 times per day? I'd rather not just set my Faith.

Make yourself a GM, then with your wand activated, right click something and it's under Server->Faith. Not exactly intuitive!

oh that i know but upon doing so it sets me as follower again after i priested up :/

Erm. No.

That's the whole point. The server needs to be started in a special way to allow the mod to actually change the spells.

Ok i understand your point...Running this was no problem...but hooking it in this fashion....will not be able to run any other mods before server start unless any other mods don't automatically start the server....so therefor any other mods released that i like....well guess i won't be using this one..

maybe one day the dev's will fix the server launcher to check mod folder first to run any mod files present

Edited by Windamere

Ok i understand your point...Running this was no problem...but hooking it in this fashion....will not be able to run any other mods before server start unless any other mods don't automatically start the server....so therefor any other mods released that i like....well guess i won't be using this one..

There's the actual mod and a launcher that loads the mod and starts the server. The launcher is designed to load multiple mods without the need to recompile and replace server files. so this can either become a standard launcher for mods or the religion mod can be adapted should there ever be some mod support in the server.

In the end you can even take the source code and incorporate the mod into whatever mod system you like to use. Or you don't use it at all. Your choice

to bad i tried it out right now and cant get it to work :/

but really thanks a lot for your afford,maybe one day i will get it to work :)

Would there be any way to remove the restriction of only getting faith ups 5 times per day? I'd rather not just set my Faith.

The number 5 is hardcoded and can not be changed without recompiling.

I'm thinking of ways to dynamicly intercept method calls in the server. If this works it would be possible to reset the prayer counter everytime it's updated. But that's a logn stretch still.

Wouldnt it be possible with AspectJ to alter hardcoded values?

Write a pointcut for the method, check argument, check stacktrace, if your conditions match, alter the argument to whatever you set in your config file.

I don't have any actual experience with AspectJ though, so I'm not sure how easy it is to wrap the servercode in a framework that makes using AspectJ for intercepting possible.

worth looking into though :-)

Is there plans of making this mod work on multiplayer servers?

Edited by SUPERSPAZZ

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.4

Options are unlimitedPrayers=true and noPrayerDelay=true (both are off by default)

The number of prayers and the duration of the delay can not be changed. Those numbers are embedded into the code and even though it's possible to change the bytecode in a similar way like the wrapper functions are generated it seems a bit risky to manipulate code at such a low level.

Is there plans of making this mod work on multiplayer servers?

This should work already. There is no difference between a single player and a multiplayer server.

people should be making videos of how to install this stuff so theres less confusion lol

There were some problems after I put v0.4 on my game server that did not happen on the test server. Please use v0.3 until those are resolved

fixed

Edited by ago

I don't know...this is pretty simple....

download the file...copy file to wurm dedicated folder...extract here....run modlauncher.bat.....

If people can't run this then probably should not be changing stuff anyway....just wait for mod support or something.

An idea for handling custom prayer count and delay would be to capture the playerId and keep track of the delay/count in the mod based on that.

I had this installed, and got past the couple problems I had with the modlauncher.bat that ago suggested, but after several attempts, we were unable to get the desired results. I tried myself as a GM, setting faith to 30, converting to vynora, all that worked fine, but when I tried to cast spells, none were available, not even bless. I also tried this on another player, the cast sub-menu just doesn't come up. Now, in the process of trying to reinstall the mod, I've managed to get a new error during startup. We're really looking forward to using this mod, hopefully someone has an idea what went wrong.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server>ru
ntime\bin\java "-Dworkdir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unl
imited Dedicated Server" "-Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam
apps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\nativelibs" -Xmn256M -Xms512m -Xmx20
48m -jar modlauncher.jar
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: spellmod.jar
at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.ModLoader.createClassLoader(ModLoader.ja
va:81)
at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.ModLoader.loadModFromInfo(ModLoader.java
:55)
at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.ModLoader.loadModsFromModDir(ModLoader.j
ava:28)
at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLaun
cher.java:17)

Please check if the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods\spellmod\spellmod.jar" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods\spellmod.properties" exists.

The error happens because the launcher can't find the class library at the specified location.

the bat file complains, the modlauncher.jar is missing

and i realize its not in the zip file

modlauncher.zip was not attached to the v0.4.1 tag. I've added it.

All modlauncher.zip contain the jar file too.

Thanks so much for working on this mod ago. I know a lot of people were asking and hoping for it.

The problem im having with the mod is when i start the server with the mod it starts up but doesnt show up in the server list

Ago,

Thanks for the help. Your latest .zip version on github worked without changing anything. Also, I realized this morning that the statuette of vynora I had created wasn't made of precious metal, so it wasn't working. I made a silver one, and everything works now. 

The problem im having with the mod is when i start the server with the mod it starts up but doesnt show up in the server list

I was having a similar problem. I could not find the exact cause but I resolved it by using the installed java instead of the bundled java. The same files in a different directory had no such problems.

I guess Steam was picking a wrong network interface. I can only guess that different exe files (WurmServerLauncher.exe, bundled java.exe, installed java.exe) all have different firewall settings in the system which prevented Steam from picking the correct network interface.