ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

Hello,

The modloader package includes

• the modloader and startup scripts
  • a patcher to patch the WurmServerLauncher binary and server.jar to load the modloader
  • Announcer Server-wide player login announcement
  • BagOfHolding magicly increase the size of containers
  • ChristmasMod configure christmas gifts
  • CreatureAgeMod Animals grow up faster
  • CropMod Prevent crops from overgrowing
  • HarvestHelper Get exact season start times
  • HTTPServer Library providing a HTTP Server for other mods to use
  • InbreedWarning Receive a warning when breeding related animals
  • ScriptRunner Run script on various hooks
  • ServerPacks Provides additional pack download service for mods
  • ServerMap Provide a server pack with a pre-rendered or current map of the server
  • SpellMod Gives priests all spells and removes priest restrictions

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/latest

Instructions

• Extract the contents of server-modlauncher-<version>.zip into the dedicated server dir
  • Extract the contents of the additional mods you want to intall into the dedicated server dir. This will install the required .properties files to enable the mods.
  • Start modlauncher.bat or modlauncher.sh
  • Also check out the installation instructions

Patcher

•  run patcher.bat or patcher.sh to patch to server.jar and the WurmServerLaucher
  •  This will create WurmServerLaucher-patched which you can start like the original game but starts the modded version
  •  You can then copy WurmServerLaucher-patched to WurmServerLaucher to run the loader from Steam

The launcher does essentialy the same as WurmServerLauncher.exe but loads mods and registers a hook into the server startup.

The server-modlauncher-<version>.zip package includes the updated mods but not the .properties files. Extracting the modloader zip file will update the mods but keeps the configuration in place and won't enable any new mods.

Changelog

Check the github releases for the full changelog

Edited by ago
  • Like 17

Awesome, but could I request a config?  For example, I would like to keep the vanilla spell lists but remove restrictions and linking limits.

• Like 1

Awesome, but could I request a config?  For example, I would like to keep the vanilla spell lists but remove restrictions and linking limits.

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.2

Technical note: the loader will now create a separate classloader for mods if the "classpath" property is present in the properties file. The entries are comma separated and resolved from mods/modname folder. modname is the name of the properties file without ".properties"

• Like 3

Awesome mod! I know many people have been waiting for this! I have just been testing it out. I made myself a GM, and priested up using Vynora and set my Faith & Favor to 90. Tried casting CoC & Life Transfer which both worked. One very minor bug - the casting timer's only tick up a few seconds out of the 30ish it is supposed to be and then the spell casts.

I then took away my GM status and logged back in. Tried improving things and casting more spells - all worked great! 

Thanks again :-)

now i just need to find a way to set myself to 100 faith as a vy priest 

now i just need to find a way to set myself to 100 faith as a vy priest 

Make yourself a GM, then with your wand activated, right click something and it's under Server->Faith. Not exactly intuitive!

• Like 1

Hmm, I'm not able to get this to work. I'm unzipping it into my Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server folder, then I use modlauncher.bat. A command window opens and closes right away. I then start Wurm dedicated server, and join it. I made a character, made it a GM, flew it to the altar, became a follower, raised my favor to 30, became a priest, tp'ed back to my starter town. I quit the game, removed my GM'ness, but when I get back into the game, I still can't dig or improve items.

Edited by Challenger47

Yes, I'm having probably the same issue. Running the bat file from the command line lets you read the errors. Mine were about the OptimizeStringConcat option. After removing that option, and adjusting the memory reservation for my machine, it does run the server configuration panel. When I start the server, I get java errors about it being unable to load 64 bit files on a 32 bit OS, which is strange, since this is definitely a 64 bit system.

I'm running java 1.8.0_65

Hmm, I'm not able to get this to work. I'm unzipping it into my Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server folder, then I then I use modlauncher.bat. A command window opens and closes right away. I then start Wurm dedicated server, and join it. I made a character, made it a GM, flew it to the altar, became a follower, raised my favor to 30, became a priest, tp'ed back to my starter town. I quit the game, removed my GM'ness, but when I get back into the game, I still can't dig or improve items.

The .bat file should launch the Server screen for you. If it closes right away there is a problem. Make sure it's in the root of the "Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server" direcctory, and not in the directory of an individual server.

I had started with it in the individual server directory, then realized my mistake, and instead copied the filed into the root directory. I deleted that server, and made a new one when I found it wasn't working, but even then when I use modlauncher.bat (both without and with admin privileges) the window just opens and closes. I've tried downloading a new copy of the mod and replacing the files, to no avail. Verifying game cache now.

Edited: After verifying, I still have the same issues. Window opens and closes instantly before I get to see what it's saying. I have deleted the local game files, and am redownloading.

Edited again: Redownloaded the game, made sure my java was up to date, but still have the same issue. modlauncher.bat just opens and closes right away.

Edited by Challenger47

hi ago, first at all thanks a lot.

now i have just one question, does this work with the normal server launcher you have in your wurm unlimited folder? i cant try it out becouse im not at my pc right now.

greets Bier

Still not having any luck. I was looking forward to not having the priest limitations while my wife and I play this, but nothing I have done has gotten the .bat to work properly.

P.S.- Thanks for the work on this ago. It is much appreciated, especially knowing that you get no compensation for your time spent.

Edited by Challenger47

Ago - nice mod....haven't raised faith enough yet to check it out...but should work.

however, can you make it so that it doesn't launch the server or inject itself after the server launches?

I realize some people may find this convenient....and some will find it confusing..

I personally would rather launch the server myself that way i can control the stages things start and when...

Edited by Windamere

I'm hoping this will help. When I try to start the modlauncher.bat, I get...

"Unrecognized VM option 'OptimizeStringConcat'

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

I uninstalled and reinstalled java like 3 times, and went through a bunch of "do I have java installed" links on their site...and now the mod is working for me. "shrug"

To the people who have the issues where the black box only appears for a second when running the .bat file. The way I fixed it was:

extract all the files from modlauncher.zip to a seperate folder (you will understand why in a little bit)

Right click modlauncher.bat

select edit (this will open up the file in notepad.)

delete  the text :+OptimizeStringConcat -XX

change -Xmx2048m to -Xmx1024m

save the file and then close notepad.

This should make it so when you double click modlauncher.bat (when it is in the Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server directory) it should launch the server management window.

This is where I ran into a second problem where the server would not start when I clicked start server. This is how I fixed that problem.[This is not guaranteed to fix your problem and might break it even further. These are just the steps I took to make my server work ( I am using a 64-bit system so don't try this is you are running 32-bit.)] :

I REPEAT:This is not guaranteed to fix your problem and might break it even further.

Only try these steps if nothing else has worked.

download(and install) java 8 64-bit [i downloaded the file named "jre-8u65-windows-x64.exe"]

When it is almost finished installing it might ask if you want to delete any old versions of java, say yes.

after this is done, download and install the 32-bit version of java 8 offline version [i downloaded the file named "jre-8u65-windows-i586.exe"]

After you have installed both versions of java 8, uninstall Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server from steam.

Now reinstall Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server on steam.

Now take all the files from modlauncher.zip from wherever you extracted them and place them in the WU Dedicated server directory.(It should be in the same folder as "WurmServerLauncher.exe")

Try running modlauncher.bat and starting a server to see if the problem has been fixed.

however, can you make it so that it doesn't launch the server or inject itself after the server launches?

I realize some people may find this convenient....and some will find it confusing..

I personally would rather launch the server myself that way i can control the stages things start and when...

About the startup problems

The .bat file tries to start Java with the same options that were used by the real wurm server launcher on my system. But it starts whatever Java it can find in the search path which might be a different version.

you can change modlauncher.bat to point to the bundled Java runtime

runtime\bin\java "-Dworkdir=%CD%" "-Djava.library.path=%CD%\nativelibs" -Xmn256M -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar modlauncher.jar
If this does not help then remove the -XX options

runtime\bin\java "-Dworkdir=%CD%" "-Djava.library.path=%CD%\nativelibs" -Xmn256M -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -jar modlauncher.jar

Edited by ago

now i have just one question, does this work with the normal server launcher you have in your wurm unlimited folder? i cant try it out becouse im not at my pc right now.

Could you make a config option that lets you keep most of the restrictions? I want to remove the improving/continue building restriction from priests, but id like to keep linking/separate spells for each god/specific restrictions for each god (like woodcutting, digging, and mining.)

Could you make a config option that lets you keep most of the restrictions? I want to remove the improving/continue building restriction from priests, but id like to keep linking/separate spells for each god/specific restrictions for each god (like woodcutting, digging, and mining.)

Oh awesome, the comments really help (didnt think you could disable the favorLimit). Could you split removePriestRestrictions into a few separate categories? Like Building, Improving, and GodSpecific(logging/mining/etc)?