Sign in to follow this  
Leroy

Cancelling Unlimited sadly

.. its simple port forwarding...

To be fair 'port forwarding' might be easy for those who are incline, educated and bright but I don't think knowledge of 'port forwarding' should be a requirement to play a video game

ADDED: I also would not suggest people go around poking with network settings without knowing what they are doing. Part of knowing how to get this game running is also knowing what not to do.

Edited by Tux

Again you ignore that port forwarding is only needed to host an online server, for a local server it is not needed at all.

Again you ignore that port forwarding is only needed to host an online server, for a local server it is not needed at all.

there seems to be a community disagreement on that point as well as what IP universally works for single player.

which is another reason why it should just be automated.

Sure if you define yourself as community, rather than the devs and GMs and CAs and youtubers who have all contributed to tutorial information on setting up single player.  Not going to bother linking it, because it is now clear that you bought the game for the sole purpose of trolling it.   The only controversy over single player is some people thought offline play meant no steam login rather then the intended meaning of the word to be offline LAN servers.

Edited by yarnevk

Sure if you define yourself as community, rather than the devs and GMs and CAs and youtubers who have all contributed to tutorial information on setting up single player.  Not going to bother linking it, because it is now clear that you bought the game for the sole purpose of trolling it.   The only controversy over single player is some people thought offline play meant no steam login rather then the intended meaning of the word to be offline LAN servers.

so again to put it a different way

the community that involves devs, GMs, Cas and youtubers have NOT been consistent on what to do for a single player experience.

so not only is does the process require some IT knowledge but it also requires the kind of knowledge that can exposes you to security risks if done wrong AND the community you are referring to has NOT been consistent on what to do. As a long time player of this game (most likely around 1000 hours) I would not suggest it to anyone who doesn't not feel very comfortable with networking

You don't need port forwarding to play by yourself on your own machine.

however...to make my point clear...

2 people on these forums have said that you do

so again for the third time the issue is:

1. one has to have knowedge of networking in order to

2. SAFELY set up a single player game

3. the community here is not consistent on what one needs to do in the first place.

People on these very forums and the Steam Forums for this game have stated the following

-Dynamic IP will not affect your single player server

-All you have to do is call up your ISP to get a static IP address (they dont mention that it usually costs a good deal more and they dont mention that doing so is a security risk)

-You need to port forward

-you dont need to port forward.

really? consistent?

Edited by Tux

Wurm is a great game and I've been playing Wurm Online for some time and when WU was announced.

I will be calling my bank to dispute the charge buying this game.

I'll be playing Wurm Online still but Rolf, you gonna have to do without my money for Unlimited. the product simply didn't meet its expected qualifications. Streamline the interface, or provide better support, this has been the worst experience I've ever had getting a game set up.

So you liked the idea and the original game and will continue playing Wurm Online. You claim Wurm Unlimited didn't meet its "expected qualifications."

I'd say do a little research before you spend even a measly $20 if you're going to get so butt hurt after you don't like it and dispute the charge...

however...to make my point clear...

2 people on these forums have said that you do

so again for the third time the issue is:

1. one has to have knowedge of networking in order to

2. SAFELY set up a single player game

3. the community here is not consistent on what one needs to do in the first place.

People on these very forums and the Steam Forums for this game have stated the following

-Dynamic IP will not affect your single player server

-All you have to do is call up your ISP to get a static IP address (they dont mention that it usually costs a good deal more and they dont mention that doing so is a security risk)

-You need to port forward

-you dont need to port forward.

really? consistent?

It doesn't matter what two people on this forum said. The fact remains, you don't need to use port forwarding to play the game by yourself on your own machine. The fact that you have been able to even load the game proves that it can be done without any networking knowledge or ability.

It doesn't matter what two people on this forum said. The fact remains, you don't need to use port forwarding to play the game by yourself on your own machine. The fact that you have been able to even load the game proves that it can be done without any networking knowledge or ability.

you

are

missing

my

point

again for the 15th billionith time I am NOT looking to get the game running, I am NOT trying to trouble shoot my problem.

Is it true that the community is not consistent with its information? YES....full STop.

done

no more

that is all I have been trying to say for about 5 posts

Edited by Tux

you

are

missing

my

point

again for the 15th billionith time I am NOT looking to get the game running, I am NOT trying to trouble shoot my problem.

Is it true that the community is not consistent with its information? YES....full STop.

done

no more

that is all I have been trying to say for about 5 posts

• Like 1

how about asking them to close this thread then you won't have to deal with it?

actually I think I would like that yes.

And you fail to consider the reason people are confused is your misinformation posts here and on steam? 

The fact is single player works without ports.  It requires online login.  It requires you to know which network card your LAN is on.

The other fact is you are not playing the game, yet you continue to post in the games player forums.   The definition of a troll.

• Like 1

I've refunded unlimited as well, because I don't like how servers seem to go offline and you lose all your hard work. I will come back when I see a server that I think is worth playing on, most likely posteh's.

so there is no TRUE offline mode to play WU ? have to have a internet connection ? ..i want to try wu but still skeptical

You don't even need to forward any ports if you play in your LAN.

You don't even need to forward any ports if you play in your LAN.

That's true as well, yes.

so there is no TRUE offline mode to play WU ? have to have a internet connection ? ..i want to try wu but still skeptical

Yes steam login verification is required to login in to your LAN server.   That is not allowed to be modded out, it is effectively DRM like it or not.  Don't buy it if playing without Steam access is a requirement for you.

Yes steam login verification is required to login in to your LAN server.   That is not allowed to be modded out, it is effectively DRM like it or not.  Don't buy it if playing without Steam access is a requirement for you.

7 days to die you can play in Steam with zero access to the internet. Steam has an offline mode

Oh and by the way...StarMade single player experience? ONE CLICK

Edited by Tux

This isn't 7 Days to Die. This is Wurm Unlimited. Wurm Unlimited uses Steam as DRM.

This isn't 7 Days to Die. This is Wurm Unlimited. Wurm Unlimited uses Steam as DRM.

• Like 1

The developers are using a Steam keycode promoter/distributor.  It should be obvious to you if you was not trolling why it has Steam login DRM requirement.   There already was a very lengthy thread debating the merits of DRM and why you could not find the game on GOG.com when the game was released.  Please take your rants on that topic there.    The fact is the game requires Steam login for local single player servers, if you do not like that policy then do not buy the game.   This is not a Steam requirement, because there are indeed Steam games that only have download DRM, they do not have login DRM.  This is not one of those games.

Edited by yarnevk

The developers are using a Steam keycode promoter/distributor.  It should be obvious to you if you was not trolling why it has Steam login DRM requirement.   There already was a very lengthy thread debating the merits of DRM and why you could not find the game on GOG.com when the game was released.  Please take your rants on that topic there.    The fact is the game requires Steam login for local single player servers, if you do not like that policy then do not buy the game.   This is not a Steam requirement, because there are indeed Steam games that only have download DRM, they do not have login DRM.  This is not one of those games.

I say again for the third time.

Regardless of what the developers did we are trying to suggest that given there are games on Steam that do not require an internet connection to connect to that the developers did not HAVE to do this.

that also should be painfully obvious to anyone who has paid attention

Here let me help you then you dont have to find an excuse to talk.

now your 3 threads are bumped go back to watching tv or something.

Edited by Uberknot

Here let me help you then you dont have to find an excuse to talk.

now your 3 threads are bumped go back to watching tv or something.

I like you because your are nice