Sign in to follow this  
Valentino

You must found the settlement within 50 tiles of your own kingdom ?

Hi all,

I am trying to make a deed on my own creative server which is hosted by Bluefangsolutions, I am trying to use the

deed stake somewhere in the vicinity of Central Lakes, and all it says is "You must found the settlement within 50 tiles of

your own kingdom", now when I made the server, I turned off pvp and turned off kingdoms, when I made my character it

said in the drop down box for kingdoms "none".

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this please so I can actually place a deed ? I even ran at least 100 tiles from the

Central Lakes stone just incase that was the problem, it was not, still the same thing happened.

Even no kingdom is a kingdom. So you can't found a deed without kingdom. Best is you enable a kingdom for yourself and build a tower of your kingdom and found the village afterwards. You will see it will work.

Even no kingdom is a kingdom.

Funny stuff. Only in Wurm can nothing be something. Yea, set kingdom # to 4 for Freedom Isles. GM5 can instantly create a 99QL fantastic guard tower as well, although you really don't need to have one if not wanted.

=Ayes=

In the dedicated server I changed the settings "Ticked the Home Server Box" and changed "Home Server Kingdom to 1"

Logged in and there was no more problem.

My main problem now is how to get this information to the actual server we have at Bluefangsolutions, not too sure which file to upload there with 

Filezilla to make it update and actually work.

I have the same problem. Tried to do it in the way stated, now it's telling me I'm in a hostile kingdom. I'm all alone on my dedicated server and really have no use for kingdoms, but I woukd like to set my deed in a specific place.

Any way tonstill make this work, or do I need to restart the server? What settings do I need to make, so this won't happen again?

Edited by ManyaToo

Build a tower near where you want to build your settlement. That generates a kingdom "aura"

how do we fix this.  my server is a home server and yet can only deed after a tower is built. that is very annoying for all the new players to have to build.  it's not a pvp server,  how can we edit the data base to fix that?

i tried changing the kingdom of server to 0 , 1 and 4 .  i tried home server clicked on and off.

I really don't want to have to reset all data again, I have a few players already playing.

but this need to build a tower in order to deed,  do i need to GM towers every where so folks can deed?

Is this a custom map? You might try using Creative map defaults instead of Adventure defaults? We never had to have guard towers at all to place deeds with our custom map (we used Creative as a template and not Adventure, which I think is partially determine by which folder template you dump the custom map

It is possible there is a simple way to make a change in database without resetting, I dunno =/

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

i'm sure i used creative vs adventure  when i first created the map. but then put up on a dedicated server, and had to reset the data to get custom map to work. so maybe in that it swtiched to default adventure map..

fixing issue by giving free guard towers to everyone who wants to deed. ;-)   don't think many will complain about a free 99ql tower .

13 hours ago, validate said:

how do we fix this.  my server is a home server and yet can only deed after a tower is built. that is very annoying for all the new players to have to build.  it's not a pvp server,  how can we edit the data base to fix that?

i tried changing the kingdom of server to 0 , 1 and 4 .  i tried home server clicked on and off.

I really don't want to have to reset all data again, I have a few players already playing.

but this need to build a tower in order to deed,  do i need to GM towers every where so folks can deed?

If it's a Home Server, then technically, it's a PvP rules server.

Try unchecking Home Server. Maybe back-up beforehand?

I didn't have much luck turning PvP settings on and off without having to dump the dbase and start again.

edit: yes, you could set yourself to the correct Kingdom, make towers and drop them all over the map so the sphere of influence is larger.

Edited by Trake