Sign in to follow this  
JayZeus

Very fast/instant action timer for all actions/crafting

There seems to be a minimum action timer for many actions that cannot be altered by the timer multiplier in the server start dialog box.  I can't get a dig timer any faster than 1-2 seconds with a full ql shovel with enchantments and 100 skill.  My preference is instant action timers with skill gain to greatly quicken work.  Ideally I would like bulk actions, like level, flatten to function as they do for GMs - almost instantly.  However, I still want the multiple, single actions to take place for activities like mining.

Since WU skillgains are now success based and not timed based, I would like to see a mod that reduces/eliminates the timer duration for all actions across the board.  Skill would only play a role in item ql or success rate.  This change would suit those who want to do things quickly and not wait for timers, but still have restrictions on stamina, skill, success, etc.

Actions have sounds and animations the min timer would be there so the sounds and animations can play out.

On a solo server this can be done, but I don't think you want the disk I/O that a large group could generate from that.

Actions have sounds and animations the min timer would be there so the sounds and animations can play out.

I don't believe this is entirely true.  Cutting down trees have an instant action timer with a ql 10 axe, lowish skill and 10-15x action timer multiplier.

Destroying tree stumps takes 30 seconds for me, no matter what my action speed multiplier is (I tried setting it very high). That's quite annoying when trying to solo clear large areas.

Edited by Erz

I filed a client issue report on flatten/level - I cranked up to /100 those action timers are still as slow as WO.    Other actions are not instant but I chalked that up to either low skill/QL or sounds....but they was most certainly much faster.

It has to be a bug that some things are just not using the action timer scaling.

Edited by yarnevk