Sign in to follow this  
butterflygirl25

Question about maps

Couple questions, i am not sure where this should go. so sorry if its in the wrong place

I would like to download one of the maps posted, and make my own, but i am not sure how to do either one of these things. I got Wgenerator and was making a map. but how do i use it in game? Not to mention what do all the things on the wgenerator mean? :P

thanks.

Couple questions, i am not sure where this should go. so sorry if its in the wrong place

I would like to download one of the maps posted, and make my own, but i am not sure how to do either one of these things. I got Wgenerator and was making a map. but how do i use it in game? Not to mention what do all the things on the wgenerator mean? :P

thanks.

Go to tools forum under Unlimited Creations. In the Wgenerator thread Xeon has step by step how to use your maps. 

Here's a step by step:

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Dedicated Server

2) Make a copy of the Adventure folder, and name it the same as the map.

3) Copy the map files to the folder.

4) Open the "sqlite" folder inside your new map folder.

5) Run the rbld .exe file and just enter y when it asks you to confirm.

6) Run the server and choose your map from the drop down.

7) Choose the settings you want under the Local tab.

8) Hit save.

9) Then hit start server.

Let me know if it works. :)

Edited by Acurapassion

I tried your steps as well but sorry to say when starting the server it just hangs and goes non responsive. The work around cmiddlebrook suggested in her video worked when i created a new map,but trying to import one it just hangs every time.

What do you mean by "import"? Whether you create a map yourself or download one that somebody else has created, the solution is the same. If it's hanging, you probably need to re-load the map from the server directory back into the Map Generator, re-save all the files and copy them back into the server directory, as shown in the video.

Here's a step by step:

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Dedicated Server

2) Make a copy of the Adventure folder, and name it the same as the map.

3) Copy the map files to the folder.

4) Open the "sqlite" folder inside your new map folder.

5) Run the rbld .exe file and just enter y when it asks you to confirm.

6) Run the server and choose your map from the drop down.

7) Choose the settings you want under the Local tab.

8) Hit save.

9) Then hit start server.

Let me know if it works. :)

Did exactly what you said, and as i type this it is still loading server and not responding.

What do you mean by "import"? Whether you create a map yourself or download one that somebody else has created, the solution is the same. If it's hanging, you probably need to re-load the map from the server directory back into the Map Generator, re-save all the files and copy them back into the server directory, as shown in the video.

Ive tried this, and it has an error for the dirt, and trees. deletes them. or resets them

I tried your steps as well but sorry to say when starting the server it just hangs and goes non responsive. The work around cmiddlebrook suggested in her video worked when i created a new map,but trying to import one it just hangs every time.

You have to rebuild the database first.

With that rebld file? i did and then i started the program. didnt work I did everything step by step that Acurapassion said. And it still hung there till i used ctrl-alt-delete and stopped the program...

With that rebld file? i did and then i started the program. didnt work I did everything step by step that Acurapassion said. And it still hung there till i used ctrl-alt-delete and stopped the program...

Do you have Skype? If so you can screen share with me and I can see exactly what you're doing.