Sign in to follow this  
Syls

No tile transitions in WU?

I can't find the option to enable tile transitions in WU. Have they been removed or clumped in another setting that I'm not seeing? It looked much nicer when the tiles blended together in the tile boarders as opposed to sharply cutting off the textures.

I play on a laptop so I turned down the graphics settings basically to match what they were in Wurm online. I probably just need to play with the settings till I find which one does it and hope that I still maintain a decent frame rate with the option enabled.

It seems to be tied to tile decorations in WU.  I prefer to play with very sparse grass, but I found that it also caused tile transitions to become disabled.  If I turn up the grass I get tile transitions again, but I still prefer very sparse grass and just settled for getting over the lack of tile transitions. 

ah thats it! thanks. Unfortunately I'll have to go without them in that case because I play with sparse.

Thought for sure that it was broke out in WO so that grass sparsity was not tied to texture blending?

Sparsity is not necessarily a performance tweak, it is also an artisitic preference that not everyone likes Wurm looking like a Kansas wheat field.

Thought for sure that it was broke out in WO so that grass sparsity was not tied to texture blending?

Sparsity is not necessarily a performance tweak, it is also an artisitic preference that not everyone likes Wurm looking like a Kansas wheat field.

The having the grass at medium or higher tanks my fps. In wurm unlimited tile transitions are currently tied to the tile decorations setting. I am playing on a laptop so my hardware is a bit weak so I have to play on lower settings if I want to maintain 30-60 fps.