Ahiri

WGenerator with heightmap load from file support

1.11_c1 is out! https://github.com/nmusser/WGenerator/releases

A more formal description of the releases is found below:

1.11_a

• Added Load Heightmap
  • Requires a 16 bitdepth PNG file that meets one of the map size requirements
  • Does NOT verify the file you loaded meets these requirements
  • I've experimented with an 8 bitdepth PNG file of my own, seems to work fine anyways, don't ask me how or why
  • Added Reload Heightmap button to reload the previously loaded Heightmap
  • Used to make modifications in external editor and quickly reload into WGenerator
  • Added a notification noise when any action finishes
  • Messed around with panel sizes, probably broke it more than I helped but fits on my desktop well

1.11_b

• Added Reload Water button, you have to have dropped dirt first
  • Lets you dynamically change water height for custom height maps quickly
  • Converted the panel layout to a tab layout for controls, should fit on just about anybody's screen
  • Much easier to navigate
  • Fixed a bug with the Reload Heightmap button

1.11_c

• Pretty comprehensive rehauling of the GUI, following in the tab theme from before but much cleaner organization and layout.
  • Really easy to add future options and tabs. 
  • Added a nonfunctioning console log and progress bar, plan to implement in the near future.

1.11_c1

• Fixed bug with max height and more land not showing up on Heightmap page
  • Fixed bug with max height not showing up on dirt tab
Edited by Ahiri
  • Like 2

on the new version the max height on the dirt tab is not showing up that i can see. I can see the words but there is no box to put in your numbers. 

The boxes to set height are not visible in generate height map or in drop dirt.

Thanks so much for catching that! I did most of the overhaul between 1 and 3am so I wasn't the most perceptive, I'll fix it asap.

Both of those bugs should be fixed, new binary is up on the releases page, will edit main post to reflect changes. The options were there, one was being pushed off the screen by another option and the other one was just me being an idiot with a typo xD. 

Ok looks promising i am gonna wait till you get the bugs all worked out ;)

please add the biome 24b color PNG map loader functionality from here.   dump map colors for surface tiles expanded with trees,bush, flowers and ore layer. Much easier to edit biomes with a color palette in your favorite paint program.  Seems to be lacking road types for those who want to paint in roads, pretty easy to make a leveling brush in a paint program, t is just a matter of adding unique dump map colors for roads to the palette.

https://github.com/aekazakov/WurmMapUploader

Edited by yarnevk

That's my next addition, I was going to do it this weekend but didn't find the time. I'll try and address it this week sometime but it depends on my real world responsibilities. I might get around to it tonight though!

That's my next addition, I was going to do it this weekend but didn't find the time. I'll try and address it this week sometime but it depends on my real world responsibilities. I might get around to it tonight though!

Please just make sure it keeps uploading in whatever format that worldpainter uses because that is what i am using to make my maps then putting in the heightmaps to your program. 

I tried to use that thing captain chaos has but i never got it to working with your thing here i can get maps to work.  :)

Captain Chaos is the WorldPainter dev...I already pointed out he should use the grayscale/biome PNG formats established by WurmMapUploader code  to make it easier to move between other paint tools and generators.  He uses WurmAPI currently.  I suggest added unique dumpmap road colors to the code since he was adding Minecraft road types, everyone borrowing  WurmMapUploader  code should agree on any new colors added or it will be an incompatible PNG mess.   If a dumpmap color does not exist or is not unique for roads types probably best way to get one is to rip the game texture and scale it down to 1pixel in a paint program to get the average color.

Edited by yarnevk