Sign in to follow this  
Mthec

[WIP] Deity Manager - Spell changes can now be saved

What does is do?

Allows you to change some of the settings of the Deities on a Wurm server (name, gender, etc.).  It also allows you to change which spells can be cast by followers of a particular god, which are then saved in a new database file (wurmspells.db) in the same place as the other server databases (<servername>/sqlite).

Be sure to make proper back-ups, and if anything does happen just post here and I will try to help.

Instructions

• Download serverlauncher.zip (if you don't have Wurm Unlimited Server Launcher already)
  • Download deitymanager.zip
  • Copy the contents into the appropriate Wurm Unlimited server folder:
  • Steam/steamapps/common/Wurm Unlimited/WurmServerLauncher or
  • Steam/steamapps/common/Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server
  • Run Wurm Unlimited Server Launcher using serverlauncher.bat for Windows or servelauncher.sh for Linux.

Click on the Server Settings tab and then Deity Manager to start making changes.

Source

Link

Old version

Here is the old version for anybody that still wants it.

Spoiler

Go to your Wurm Unlimited Server folder (should be in Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher or Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server).

Make a copy of server.jar, and open it up in something like 7zip.

Go into the DeityManager file and drag the "com" folder across to the same level as the "com" folder in server.jar.

Accept the confirmation, and it should be done.

Now when you click "Manage server" on the Wurm Unlimited launcher you should find a "Deities" tab.  Select a deity and get clicking.

Edited by Mthec
Update.
  • Like 2

Should probably have tested that before posting, sorry.  But have done so now and yes it does.

Needs putting in the dedicated server "server.jar", obviously, but so long as you normally get the Wurm server GUI it should work fine.

It is only for the dedicated server, if you look in his post it says navigate to the server folder

It is only for the dedicated server, if you look in his post it says navigate to the server folder

Read his OP and the reply to mine...

Update

Spell changes are now saved to a database.

Some of the deity settings can be adjusted when the server is running.

I've finally gotten back to this to update it to use ago's ModLoader structure and my server launcher, and add the above features.  I've also cleaned things up a bit.

See the top post for new instructions.

On 26/12/2015 at 11:06 PM, siligon said:

out dated?

Just given it a quick test and all seems to be working fine for me.  What problem are you having?

how does this work on servers from a host? Since the tabs dont really show an dmost have their own custom Control panel?

2 hours ago, Sprigor said:

how does this work on servers from a host? Since the tabs dont really show and most have their own custom Control panel?

Currently, it doesn't.  Because of the number of spells and the combinations of them with the number of deities a properties file would be huge.

However, I am working on a console add-on for my server launcher.  It's not ready yet, but when it's done it should be possible to make the changes through a command-line.

In the mean time, the deity details are fairly easy to find in the server database (wurmdeities.db, DEITY table), and for the spells you could make the changes locally then copy wurmspells.db to the server, and so long as the mod is running on that server it should make the appropriate changes.

Would it be possible not only to modify the existing deities/spells, but to add new ones? I am not talking about new content, just copying or modifying what already exists so as to create new combinations? Increasing the number of deities essentially with each having different associated spells. Thanks in advance for any reply!

On 24/07/2016 at 5:19 PM, Anthrage said:

Would it be possible not only to modify the existing deities/spells, but to add new ones? I am not talking about new content, just copying or modifying what already exists so as to create new combinations? Increasing the number of deities essentially with each having different associated spells. Thanks in advance for any reply!

I did intend to look further into the deity system, but got distracted by other projects.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as you would hope, the code for a deity is quite spread out.  Some of it is in deities, some of it is in spells, some of it is in epic\Valrei and that's just what I've found so far.  It should definitely be possible, after all Wurm Online has extra deities, but I'm afraid it's a bit beyond my current knowledge.  Even if I did copy everything, there's probably some other code I've missed that might cause things to behave strangely in-game.

Sorry I can't be more help.

any weay this can be ported to work with the current version of agos?

• Like 1

any update planned for 1.3 release? awesome mod and would like to see it working

Necro from hell, I know... Please don't feed me to a troll! 

Is there any chance that you plan on resurrecting this mod? Without having it to play around with I don't know if it does everything I want to do, but it seems like it'd allow me to do a bunch of it, easier at least than other methods.