Sign in to follow this  
Clilesra

Making Lairs Spawn

Does anyone know how to make the Birchwood lairs spawn creatures? Or is there another item to place that will create a spawn point for mobs?

I'm not sure if they do or not but, I want to create one in a particular spot.

I need to know this as well, on the default map these appeared for me but on a custom map, well I haven't looked everywhere because the map is huge but I haven't found any natural dens yet

I 2nd this, I have seen how to create birch wood lairs however if you pull up the list of lairs for mobs, well uhm its not just birch wood i see no way to actually set the birch wood lairs as to what type of creature will spawn from them. I set my creature values to what i wanted i seen how to do that. So i assume the mobs generate after the lairs been placed on there own. Correct em if im wrong on this devs, gms, rolf, someone.

I 2nd this, I have seen how to create birch wood lairs however if you pull up the list of lairs for mobs, well uhm its not just birch wood i see no way to actually set the birch wood lairs as to what type of creature will spawn from them. I set my creature values to what i wanted i seen how to do that. So i assume the mobs generate after the lairs been placed on there own. Correct em if im wrong on this devs, gms, rolf, someone.

Where did you find this? I thought I had looked thoroughly but perhaps not, did you summon or create the item?

I'm pretty sure the lairs have an X distance radius. The enemies don't spawn directly from the cave, but rather within this radius.

We ended up with a Mountain Lion lair near our starting point, and it's put mountain lions around out to a pretty far distance from the lair itself.

Edit: Heck, rather than just SAY this:

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Lair

Edited by Tyroki

Can we get a Dev to update this? How do we spawn lairs ingame, or is there a sql script we can add to make them spawn automatically? I have yet to see one spawn on its own in the custom map we have, are we missing something?

Edited by ZaZ213

http://www.chainsawstreetfight.com/?qa=1/how-do-i-spawn-creatures-in-wurm-unlimited&show=6#a6

The TEMPLATEID for lairs is 521.  To find the lair data to set a specific creature type, you can open the wurmitems.db with a SQLite tool and run this query:

SELECT item.NAME, data.DATA1, data.DATA2, item.AUXDATA 
FROM ITEMS item
INNER JOIN ITEMDATA data 
ON data.WURMID = item.WURMID
WHERE item.TEMPLATEID = 521
GROUP BY item.NAME;

The default Adventure database returns this result:

NAME,DATA1,DATA2,AUXDATA
bear cave,42,-1,6
cave bug mound,43,-1,8
crocodile lair,58,-1,11
garbage pile,13,-1,11
goblin hut,23,-1,1
mountain lion hideout,14,-1,9
scorpion stone,59,-1,0
spider lair,25,-1,6
troll mound,11,-1,7
wildcat hideout,15,-1,3
wolf den,10,-1,1

natural range of any lair is that of the same for a guard tower ie 50 tiles any direction of the lair as it uses the same code as the guard tower spawn. so spawning creatures if you place 2 lairs within 50 tiles of one another will slow the spawning rate for those two lairs as the program will see them both as 1 lair but will random 1 creature from one of the two lairs.

Example:-

i place one lair widlcats and one lair bears within 50 tiles of one another.. Program comes round to random number spawn when say creatures on server goes below the max amount say for this example i set creatures to 1000 and i killed 2 so then random lair spawn of two creatures is in effect... so my two lairs within 50 tiles of one another has randomly been chosen. the program chooses one of those two lairs to random spawn a mob. then goes through the process again random any lair on server to spawn second creatures this does not mean itll choose those two lairs within 50 tiles radious of one another again//..

NOW saying that you do not need to have any lairs or have many lairs does not mean when you initiate the server your going spawn creatures from lair. the initial random creation of creatures is just that random.. The spawning only usually only occurs if and when random number of lair is chosen from random at initial server map creation of creatures.  So if you go around kill all creatures on the map after initial set up with creatures this will evoke the random spawning of creatures from the lairs provided you do not change anything this includes the max amount of creatures for thus map... 

Example 2

i created a very small map 512 x512  created one lair cinitiated map with 1000 creatures. all random creatures appeared took about 2 hours cleared all creatures but left lair was wildcat lair and then waited on gm after clearing all creatures suddenly i got 1000 wildcats roaming within 50 tiles of the lair upon spawning then they wander around up to 80 tile radious of said lair

HOPE I EXPLAINED THIS WELL

Edited by juliarq123