Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

News #82: Wurm Unlimited Release!

News%20Header%20%28old%29.jpg?dl=1

Hey everybody,

Woah! What a busy week! But Wurm Unlimited is now out on Steam, and the Wurm franchise now has two games to its name. We haven't got much new stuff to talk about this week, so I'll use it as an opportunity to talk about our PR plans from here on out and make sure you know about all the things we want to do and keep doing with WU and WO.

Starting from next week, we'll be posting the weekly news to Steam as well, and it'll be a slot shared by both WO and WU for talking about dev work on both games. It's because almost everything we develop for one game can and will be added to the other (things like graphics updates or new features,) and so it seems logical to share the news between the two.

We'd also like to thank everyone, as players, for playing and contributing to Wurm thus far. There are many new journeys to be had with many new players - game on!

The Week In Patch Notes

There were a few small fixes over the past week, and amphorae and kilns were added too!

19/10:
  • Fix for dragging unlocked small carts when you do not have an item active. Also applies to catapults.

• Fix for clay containers.

• Fix for rotating various items, e.g. large anvil.

• Fix for config twitter for villages.

20/10:
  • Allow settlement may pass gates work even if some permissions exists for gate.

• Fix for feeling bad about bashing floors when you have modify permissions.

• Removed possibility to attack your own mount on PvE servers.

• You should now be able to invite offline players to your village using /recruit . The player should use the command /join. Check /help for reference.

22/10:
  • Added Large and Small Amphora and Kiln.

• Possible fix for uneven creature distribution on large maps. Seeing the result of this will probably take a week or two and note that creatures usually don’t spawn in the vicinity of online players.

Screenshot of the Week

This week's screenshot was by Devily of his Temple of the Forgotten Gods. It looks really nice, especially in its soft shade of green light!

Screenshot.jpg?dl=1

That concludes this week's news. Come and join us aboard the Wurm train: we don't know where the next stop is, but we'll make it a good one :)

• Like 10

Looks like smooth sailing with the launch so far. Love the screenshot, green is easily one of my favorite colors!

The local newspaper was a more interesting read than this today.

• Like 1

Gotta love my green <3 Haha freshly tested dye i made and worked out great!

Congrats on the Wurm Unlimited release guys! Looking forward to it enhancing WO.

I can't see any image in the new's post from a while now, you should really consider a different image hosting than dropbox.

so where can i find documentation about the amphoras and what they will be used for?

so where can i find documentation about the amphoras and what they will be used for?

When are you going to fix the characteristics bug? Been a while already and we cant rise our skills properly.

Alternative to barrels for storing and carrying large quantities of liquid.

When are you going to fix the characteristics bug? Been a while already and we cant rise our skills properly.

We are looking at that already. :)

• Possible fix for uneven creature distribution on large maps. Seeing the result of this will probably take a week or two and note that creatures usually don’t spawn in the vicinity of online players.

wurm.20151110.1812.jpgwurm.20151110.1814.jpgwurm.20151110.1815.jpgwurm.20151110.1821_1.jpg

Taken around N12 to P12 Xanadu, almost been 3 weeks now and this is a regular sighting in the south