Sign in to follow this  
drummerboyas157

Iron Success!

After 6 hours of mining i hit iron! Near where I wanted to settle there were only a couple of rock tiles exposed so i could only get a vague idea of where it was, i didnt have enough skills to dig on such steep tiles so I couldnt expose more rock:( The vein ended up being behind me at water level... crazy but its mine!

• Like 1

Why didn't you just

- Tunnel;

- Skill prospect to 20;

- Find iron;

- Profit!

?

It would have taken you like ~20-30 minutes.

• Like 1

The problem I have is I hate ugly mines.  SO it takes forever to find iron that happens to be where I want it to be aesthetically LOL

• Like 1

Why didn't you just

- Tunnel;

- Skill prospect to 20;

- Find iron;

- Profit!

?

It would have taken you like ~20-30 minutes.

How would that help me? I can already prospect outside the cave even with 20 you cant inside a cave can you?

An important part was left out of he instructions. Mine a wall. Pick up the item whether it be rock shard or other. Right click the item and select analyze. Results should tell you what is nearby. As your prospecting goes up, you will be able to detect more further away. Haven't tried t but this should by logic work with rummaged rock as well as shards you get from starting a tunnel as well.

Edited by KageTenshi
  • Like 1

An important part was left out of he instructions. Mine a wall. Pick up the item whether it be rock shard or other. Right click the item and select analyze. Results should tell you what is nearby. As your prospecting goes up, you will be able to detect more further away. Haven't tried t but this should by logic work with rummaged rock as well as shards you get from starting a tunnel as well.

Awesome to know thanks!

How would that help me? I can already prospect outside the cave even with 20 you cant inside a cave can you?

Sorry,KageTenshi said it well, I skipped a bit... you have to analyze a rock shard you mined.

I am still searching.... and yes, I have my prospecting past 20 and still havent had a sniff of an iron mine.  I understand your excitement!  :D

• Like 1

I just opened a hillside today no idea where iron was took about 4-5 hours.

If you hate ugly mines keep in mind that you do not have to climb up to the exposed rock level to find a good minesite. Pick a hillside tile with good access and dig all 4 corners down until you expose the rock. Then prospect. If you get indication of a mine able resource set up a flat area in front before you open the tunnel.