Sign in to follow this  
Miretta

Far Islands

I tried out the new map generator and had a little fun with it :) sadly I don't have wurm unlimited myself, but if someone wants to test my map feel free to post some screenshots here :D

I tried to create some form of climate zones meaning north: more fir, pine trees and tundra, while more south are cherry trees, olive trees, deserts and steppe.

I'm not sure how much I succeeded with it, since the trees have all the same coloring on the map :/ so I could just change where it was "visible" change and it might have changed trees that I didn't want to.

Else than that, there are also some swampy areas with willowtrees and marsh, aswell as big Kelp/reed underwater growth and beaches near coastlines :D

there should be clay/tar/peat spread over the map (clay is near water and tar/peat is higher on the map)

in overall the map is 2048x2048, so if I'm correct, it's about the size of independence it's size is deliverance apparently :)

download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2kmv9xiyrisztz/farellesfirstmap.zip?dl=0

download link of server files and resaved maps (30.10.2015) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnt6t2g4we9tk73/FarIslands.zip?dl=0

0cHJmht.png

topography:

b8aWV6g.png

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 1

This map looks very very nice,wish it was on a official server.. lots of coastal big desert and steppe fast way to travel by horse.

Looks like a nice map, without too many 'spiky' mountains too.

Regional resources are something I've always wanted to see, although apparently quite the controversial issue... +1 for having to travel/trade to find different types of tree at least :)

Shame there's no way to limit certain trees etc to certain biomes.

• Like 1

Looks like a nice map, without too many 'spiky' mountains too.

Regional resources are something I've always wanted to see, although apparently quite the controversial issue... +1 for having to travel/trade to find different types of tree at least :)

Shame there's no way to limit certain trees etc to certain biomes.

yeah agree, I had to redo the spawning of alot of tree seeds over and over again until they were closely where I wanted them, but that seems like a bit of a pain, would be nice if I could just "draw" the map instead, importing heightmap and colormap into wgenerator as example would be nice :)

Give the various generators time, most of them are importing the PNG height/biome maps based on what AK_ WurmUploader code was doing - which if you can compile java you can use in the meantime.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hatredzpain said:

What do the server files do, that you uploaded kinda confused on that

The cleaned databases for use as a new map, since using old databases can result in a lot of weird problems, not just failing to load, but also floating animals and items.

So maps with cleaned and ready databases are much more likely to work properly.

For those of us who are used to working with new and custom servers just the actual map files are needed, but for those who are not confident enough to mess about with the databases and tweak stuff manually, a full set of clean and set up DB's is useful. Of course the full set of files needed is a slightly larger download, but it's certainly convenient.

Thank you yea I figured it out just with messing with it, I typically clear the db. The server files just make it faster I guess, just drop the folder, servers done then just tweak settings to what I like. Tried to dump the map files in adventure mode but when server loads it's just flat rock lol, oh well basically want npcs to I can set a goal to get high enough to kill them for thier armor lol. Works great in creative mode and map is nice, very easy to get around in.