Sign in to follow this  
rosega

Breeding animals help

if it says 

[02:55:20] She will deliver in about 10.

does that mean 10 days 10 hours or 10 in-game days?

i know it's really late at night... or early in the morning... well that is usual but, the point is i don't know how many people are on the forums right now and if you post thank you so much

well.... time to update the server... i'm not waiting that long lol

so 200x sound good lmao i want to wait like 1 or 2 hours..thx for the help!

ummm... do you know exactly the rates i would need to get it to 1 or 2 hours? i have no idea were to start the maths

Edited by rosega

10 days, RL time.

ummm... do you know exactly the rates i would need to get it to 1 or 2 hours? i have no idea were to start the maths

Might want to grab wurm assistant (its on these forums and believe it works with WU) really good for keeping track of your horses you want to breed, also when you check a animal with the program running gives you a far more accurate time frame for birth.

I do not think there is an exact way to get the rate lower, it is just random i think, mabe shortly or longer depending on the type of animal. But usually it is about 7-10 Days

AFAIK, there is currently no method within the packaged server software to decrease the gestation period for animals.  I do hope that there will be a mod for this in the future, though, as 10 days continuous server up-time is unrealistic for WU.

Isn't there an option for animal breeding? By default it's set for 5, and it feels as though each "week" that the animal says it'll give birth in is about a RL hour.

if it says 

[02:55:20] She will deliver in about 10.

does that mean 10 days 10 hours or 10 in-game days?

I think it actually means it will give birth in approximately 10 in-game weeks.

in WO, it's a week, which is roughly 22 hours, I think.  I used to breed fairly extensively and wurm weeks were nearly equivalent to RL days, with the former being shorter.

I do see the "breeding time modifier" now, though and assume that WO is 1, so 5 is five times faster than WO.  So roughly 2 RL days for a 10 week gestation.

Edit: Math is hard

Edited by JackBinimbul