Sign in to follow this  
Kron

Setting up Multi-Island cluster

Has anyone actually been successful setting attaching a 2nd or more server to a primary login island/server?  I've got two servers which both are up and running and visible in the steam browser.  I have my PvE island setup as the login server via the launcher gui settings.  I've configured on both servers the neighbor server tabs with matching information. All necessary ports are open (7221-7220) for RMI communication. In addition, I have the following setting in the wurm.ini:

USE_INCOMING_RMI=true

So i sail to the edge of the map to test it out and I get the following in the event tab:

[00:03:37] You will soon leave this island, and end up at another island.
[00:03:37] The Settlement deed will not leave the server.
[00:03:46] You will soon leave this island, and end up at another island.
[00:03:46] The Settlement deed will not leave the server.
[00:03:51] You will soon leave this island, and end up at another island.
[00:03:51] The Settlement deed will not leave the server.
[00:03:55] You will soon leave this island, and end up at another island.
[00:03:55] The Settlement deed will not leave the server.
[00:03:57] You head out to sea.
[00:03:57] The Settlement deed will not leave the server.
[00:03:57] An error occurred when contacting the login server. Please try later.
[00:03:57] You can not transfer right now.

What am I missing here?

how did you get the 2 server up and running, are they on two different machines???

how did you get the 2 server up and running, are they on two different machines???

I managed to get it working just by changing some ports, but I have the same issue of not being able to transfer between them when they are both running.

which ports did u change, i tried all of them but still got a crash error when the 2nd tried to start.

I've done some further testing.  My main login island appears to know if the 2nd island instance is offline or not, so I know there is some intra-server communication going on.  If I shutdown my 2nd island, and try to sail to the edge of my main island it gives me the standard "your going nowhere" line.  But if I re-enable the 2nd server, I get the error I posted above.

which ports did u change, i tried all of them but still got a crash error when the 2nd tried to start.

Unfortunately I had to create a 2nd host for me to get this working because it seems the Steam port 27016 is hard coded into the game and cannot be changed, so you can only have one instance of wurm dedicated server running on the same host.

Hmm would a computer with 2 nic cards and 2 different IP's solve this port problem with steam??

LOL well nevermind... they just patched the server and fixed the issue!!! (time to go try it out!!)

Edited by Overlord

Well I seem to be getting a little bit closer.  After the patch I can now host both islands on the same host by modifying the ports (including the now modifiable Steam port), and bring both servers up without any issues.  Now when I try to sail from my main island to the 2nd island it no longer fails and actually disconnects me from the main island and tries to connect to the 2nd island, but that is where it hangs trying to connect to server.  On the 2nd island/server I now see the character under the player list but that's it.  Something is preventing me from logging on to that server.  I have login server unchecked on the 2nd island since I want the primary island to act as the login server.  Not sure what the issue is now.

Did you ever get this going? If so clue us in please.. my second server just crashes out..

Yeah after the patch I was able to use a different steam port to bring the other server up on the same host. Works great now. Check us out at Primordial. I'm "Snipe" on steam if you want to add me and I can try to help you out with the setup.

Edited by Kron

I AM SO BLOODY HAPPY NOW. got my 2 servers i run connected and can travel between them.

the issue was DB was not updating with new port/serverID etc. for some reason old values were cached some where or not updating the DB.

I just cant get it.. every time I start second server it crashes out... :-(

Ok I have both servers running now but it says i cant transfer.. how did ya fix that? It may be cause I have writs on me... would that stop me..??

Edited by Overlord

i am on Release Public TS (sea.eve-bio.com:2858) if you want to Chat....

Has anyone actually been successful setting attaching a 2nd or more server to a primary login island/server?  I've got two servers which both are up and running and visible in the steam browser.  I have my PvE island setup as the login server via the launcher gui settings.  I've configured on both servers the neighbor server tabs with matching information. All necessary ports are open (7221-7220) for RMI communication. In addition, I have the following setting in the wurm.ini:

USE_INCOMING_RMI=true

So i sail to the edge of the map to test it out and I get the following in the event tab:

[00:03:37] You will soon leave this island, and end up at another island.

[00:03:37] The Settlement deed will not leave the server.

[00:03:46] You will soon leave this island, and end up at another island.

[00:03:46] The Settlement deed will not leave the server.

[00:03:51] You will soon leave this island, and end up at another island.

[00:03:51] The Settlement deed will not leave the server.

[00:03:55] You will soon leave this island, and end up at another island.

[00:03:55] The Settlement deed will not leave the server.

[00:03:57] You head out to sea.

[00:03:57] The Settlement deed will not leave the server.

[00:03:57] An error occurred when contacting the login server. Please try later.

[00:03:57] You can not transfer right now.

What am I missing here?

Well I am now getting this same error as you both servers are up and communicating but I get this message

[14:29:26] If you keep going in this direction you will end up on another island.

[14:29:26] The personal merchant contract will not leave the server.

[14:29:26] The Settlement deed will not leave the server.

[14:29:40] You will soon leave this island, and end up at another island.

[14:29:40] The personal merchant contract will not leave the server.

[14:29:40] The Settlement deed will not leave the server.

[14:29:42] You head out to sea.

[14:29:42] The personal merchant contract will not leave the server.

[14:29:42] The Settlement deed will not leave the server.

[14:29:42] An error was reported from the login server. Please try later or report this using /support if the problem persists.

[14:29:42] You can not transfer right now.

[14:30:12] You may now move again.

Help!!

Ping me on steam Overlord. The info is in one of the posts above.

i am on Release Public TS (sea.eve-bio.com:2858) if you want to Chat....

'Thank you i dont have voice chat :-(

Ping me on steam Overlord. The info is in one of the posts above.

I just added you as a friend on steam... Balkin

Edited by Overlord

Well I seem to be getting a little bit closer.  After the patch I can now host both islands on the same host by modifying the ports (including the now modifiable Steam port), and bring both servers up without any issues.  Now when I try to sail from my main island to the 2nd island it no longer fails and actually disconnects me from the main island and tries to connect to the 2nd island, but that is where it hangs trying to connect to server.  On the 2nd island/server I now see the character under the player list but that's it.  Something is preventing me from logging on to that server.  I have login server unchecked on the 2nd island since I want the primary island to act as the login server.  Not sure what the issue is now.

This is where I am at now... it kinda works but disconnects and i have to re-login finding myself in the new island.. same if I go back! How did ya fix this?

I AM SO BLOODY HAPPY NOW. got my 2 servers i run connected and can travel between them.

the issue was DB was not updating with new port/serverID etc. for some reason old values were cached some where or not updating the DB.

I've confirmed an issue with saving local server details after saving or deleting a server neighbor, which may have been your issue: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133128-saving-or-deleting-a-server-neighbor-prevents-subsequent-changes-to-local-server/

hi,

Also trying to get a multiple Island configuation.

Both islands are on the same host with different IP port numbers.

Both are running and give a good RMI listening on message.

When i try to go to the next Island i got the ingame message : [16:13:01] You will soon leave this island, and end up at another island. Thats the only message i get but never get to the next island.

In the log file of the current island i find : WARNING: Failed to send vehicle Exception creating connection to: 192.168.0.163; nested exception is: java.net.SocketException: No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): connect

My guess is that the RMI port are not correct configured. Does they have all different ip port numbers for both servers or do you also need a number the same for both servers?

Any idea what can be the cause or the solution ?

Thanks.

Edited by Faldor

My Set-up

Server1 Setup:

1ec1401af0.png

Server1 Connect details to server2

b67c56cb54.png

Server2 Details

28426f9e16.png

Server2 Connect details to server1

c60cb81f5b.png

Keep an eye on the server windows for the correct ServerID, i had issues that it was not saving them properly and using old ones,

• Like 1

Whenever i try to link between 2 servers on seperate pc's (same Lan) I get "you fail to connect to the login server"

can anyone please advise the set up required to make it work?

is the fact that the servers have passwords responsible in any way?

Edited by Toeol

Have it working now thanks to bigsteve!

My problem was that all settings in the server neighbors tab has to fill in correct the first time. Editing don't work, delete - restart and new did work.

Toeol, I had the same problem. The selection Login server was correct in the server neighbors but did not work well. Delete and recreate the server neighbors did do the job for me.