Sign in to follow this  
ZaZ213

Earf 2 | PvP now open! | 2xSkill 3xAction timers | Free starting coin

M4bv2IS.png

Many of you may know me as Zazamari from....various servers. I have had this server waiting in my data center for a while as the interest in the minecraft servers died off. Wurm has always been a great game to me and I am happy to announce that the Earf gaming network has been re-activated with the start of Earf 2, the Wurm Unlimited edition. This server is in a class 2 datacenter with plenty of CPU and RAM if interest is great enough options can be made to enhance the experience even further but here is the current plan:

Currently:

-1 PvE server (thanks to Jerico for letting me use his map http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/132427-dark-island-map-4096x4096/ )

-2x skill rate

-3x action timer

-20k mobs, 30% aggressive

-All others default, skills start at 1, stats start at 20

In the near future:

-1 PvP server (Now open!)

-This will likely be opened soon after everyone has gotten settled and gotten some basic materials and supplies set up

-8192 in size

-Suggestions will be considered regarding mods or server changes

-Events will be held here

-First 6 people to join will receive 1g as seed money to start their respective kingdoms off safely, 2 from each kingdom will be given this

-For those that want to join PvP immediately I have set up alts in the respective starting towns, if you wish to immediately go to the PvP server upon joining simply ask and you can be summoned there since we do not have portals yet.

-50k creatures, 50% agressive

-5xskillgain, 10x action timers

In the far future

-3 more PvP servers

-Each will be for the 3 main kingdoms

-Other PvP home servers

-These could be paid for by large kingdoms to help fund hardware upgrades etc

Up until December 1st all deeds are free Deed upkeep on PvE now forever disabled, creation and expansion will still cost coin, simply find a GM (My GM account is Zazanari) and ask to be given some starting cash (10s), additional cash can be drained from traders for expansion. On December 1st deed upkeep costs will be enabled and villages will be responsible for maintaining upkeep in their deeds. Also on December 1st the first dragons and other legendary creatures will be spawned (unless spawned early by the server)

The server is in a class 2 datacenter in Texas with a 100/100Mb connection with multiple gigabit redundant uplinks to the web. The server sits on an SSD and is backed up hourly to an onsite storage device. Historically it has has 99.99% uptime even with several servers running on the system so I consider it quite stable in fact its been 106 days since its last reboot (done by me not a crash).

You can find the server listed in the browser as: Earf 2

We have a website being redesigned in a more generic fashion rather than minecraft specific, I will update this post once its been completed there will be forums and other thingys in it.

Please pardon my dirt as I put the finishing touches on spawn.

PvE Map (login location):

CJxCcGS.jpg

PvP (8192x8192 version of Xallo's map here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133597-westfall-4096x4096-archipelageo-landmasses-mountain/):

p8aEOIO.jpg

map image purposefully crappy to discourage preplanning and encourage exploration

Edited by ZaZ213
  • Like 1

ZWzMLzs.jpg

pTQaE29.jpg

Some images of spawn, a little bare for now but there will be some more things in it by tomorrow, check out those glorious mountains in the background!

Sweet, I'll have to check it out!

What kind of server are you running (model and specs)?  Just out of curiosity...

Sweet, I'll have to check it out!

What kind of server are you running (model and specs)?  Just out of curiosity...

The server is an i7 4790 with 16GB of RAM. Its running multiple servers right now without issue, the server process is eating a little over 1GB of RAM right now and about 6-10% cpu idle

The server is an i7 4790 with 16GB of RAM. Its running multiple servers right now without issue, the server process is eating a little over 1GB of RAM right now and about 6-10% cpu idle

Thanks, since this is in a DC, was just curious if you had a 1/2 U server.  Either you're an admin or possibly a DCM with access to a cage to place what you wish in it.

The server actually sounds like what I have on my home desktop, and I'm running this map along with the client on the same PC.  I'm pulling an easy 60fps and the server is only using 1.6GB of RAM with 50K animals on this same map.

I'm sure that might change with more than myself logging into it however.  For that I'd put it on my actual server though.

I'm a little jealous of the bandwidth you have access to however.

Thanks, since this is in a DC, was just curious if you had a 1/2 U server.  Either you're an admin or possibly a DCM with access to a cage to place what you wish in it.

The server actually sounds like what I have on my home desktop, and I'm running this map along with the client on the same PC.  I'm pulling an easy 60fps and the server is only using 1.6GB of RAM with 50K animals on this same map.

I'm sure that might change with more than myself logging into it however.  For that I'd put it on my actual server though.

I'm a little jealous of the bandwidth you have access to however.

Its actually a 2U at my work in our datacenter as I work for an MSP who is also classified as an ISP thusly the multi redundant gigabit uplinks with several peers. I can technically put whatever I want with it and I have access to the infrastructure itself in case I need to make switching or routing changes.

As a further note, does 50k seem crowded to you or sparse? I'm trying to find a good medium on mob density and 20k seemed like a good start

Edited by ZaZ213

Its actually a 2U at my work in our datacenter as I work for an MSP who is also classified as an ISP thusly the multi redundant gigabit uplinks with several peers. I can technically put whatever I want with it and I have access to the infrastructure itself in case I need to make switching or routing changes.

As a further note, does 50k seem crowded to you or sparse? I'm trying to find a good medium on mob density and 20k seemed like a good start

I wouldn't say it's sparse, but the jury is still out on whether it is to dense.

Some more photos of our spawn, a few villages have sprung up, remember that you're given 'seed money' to start a deed and upkeep is turned off till December 1st.

HULhcdV.jpg

AwQyygn.jpg

JIiUDkO.jpg

FTMtY8g.jpg

a7pRtAS.jpg
iEcU9f6.jpg

Is that vertical beam of light in the pics the spawn? (newb)

Is that vertical beam of light in the pics the spawn? (newb)

Nope that is the white light from the altar of the three gods, there is supposed to be a black light somewhere but for some reason it didn't spawn, it doesn't matter so much because the server is PvE. If someone wants to be HOTS on this server I can certainly convert them.

Server has been updated to the latest version of the dark island map, no more wierd cave bugs! Thanks to everyone who helped me test and bared with me getting this fixed the server is open again.

Good news everyone, server clustering is online (although a bit strange, you'll have to relog on crossover for your inventory to pull), PvP server opens as soon as I find a map I like and can set up some starter towns for the 3 template kingdoms!

PvP map chosen! Opening Friday the 6th as soon as we do some extensive testing on server transports between servers. Now's the time to hop in and grab your slice of land to build up on.

Edited by ZaZ213
  • Like 1

[14:09:42] Rumours of The venerable blue dragon hatchling is starting to spread.

Wonder if our settlers are ready for what is coming.

Our PvP map is now open! Updates to the main post to follow once all of the starter deeds are created etc. first 6 volunteers to seed the kingdoms get 1g each for helping out, server has 5x skillgain and 10x action timers for a faster paced server system

• Like 1

Op has been updated with map images and additional info about pvp servers.

To assist our new players, a public mine at spawn has been opened for some starting resources.