Sign in to follow this  
Tyroki

Spawn Locations

I've set my server to:
No home server. We didn't want kingdoms (to start with, assuming we can make our own)

We set up a Spawnpoint both for X and Y.

When we spawned in to the server, we apparently started at 6,4

Random spawns are NOT on.

Can someone explain what has happened? :(

This was happening to me. I dont know exactly how i fixed it, but i did. Basically when you set up server. Pick x 1000 y 1000 for all Kingdoms. Then start server. After that You should spawn somewhere in middle. (depending map size) which you can then adjust a bit later.

Apparently if you set up a settlement, people will spawn there.

Apparently if you set up a settlement, people will spawn there.

if you made it a permament deed, it becomes a starter deed like in Wurm online, and you can choose to spawn there etc.

On 10/23/2015 at 7:26 AM, MamaDarkness said:

if you made it a permament deed, it becomes a starter deed like in Wurm online, and you can choose to spawn there etc.

I am a GM (Implementor) on a friend's server. I'm trying to create a 2nd spawn point so that new players will sometimes spawn at the first one, sometimes at the second one. So far I have created a new starter village and made it a permanent settlement. However, nobody is spawning there, and on the Teleport list, it doesn't have the hashtag preceding the name, as the original spawn village does, which makes me think I haven't completed the process.  Are you able to tell me what step I'm missing?  Or is this something that only the server owner can do?

I have also agreed that if the server owner has to be the one to do it, I will find him the information.  So any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated!  Thanks

I have had the same problem. One of the permanent settlements will become spawnpoints for everyone.

What I have done on Ereb Altor is to have only one permanent settlement. This settlement is closed off totally. Within this settlement there are five teleporters the players can choose from.

Done.

I should also have mentioned that it's a Freedom server I'm trying to set a 2nd spawn point on. Still no idea how to make my 2nd permanent settlement become a spawn village.

I don't think you can get the spawn selection on a home server, I've tried a lot.

Making a starter settlement with teleporters to the other places seems the only way (atleast from what I know)..

On 12/25/2016 at 10:01 AM, Jukken said:

I don't think you can get the spawn selection on a home server, I've tried a lot.

Making a starter settlement with teleporters to the other places seems the only way (atleast from what I know)..

On my own server, we learned that the server owner needs to click "Random spawn points" in Settings.sql (i.e. in the server config file), and all new spawn points must be deeded by alts who are level 5 GMs, and then it works fine.  We have 5 spawn points (the Stones of Soulfall), randomly chosen for each new player.  

To help out players who are coming in to play together but might spawn at different towns, we have also added portals to connect each spawn town.  Easy peasy.  :-)

Edited by Batta

I seem to have discovered that whenever a 5 GM creates a village, THAT becomes the new spawn point.  Nothing I enter into the server setup seems to change it.  

Does anyone know if this is an aux that can be set on the settlement?  SOMETHING is telling the game where to spawn - and it is not the settings file.

You select it to be the spawn village when you create it. It will then have a # in front of it's name in the list (the teleport list).