Sign in to follow this  
metis

Just wanted to say thanks to CODE CLUB AB and Team.

I was looking at the screen shots and thinking how awesome it is to finally see Wurm on steam. I know you guys have been working on this Project (Wurm) for years now and have had many ups and downs. Its been a really long road for you guys and not all of the players were easy to work with. I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you for all your dedicated hard work and for those holidays that you missed with your family's to fix or get things ready for us the players. I don't know if all of Code Club reads English so I will post another with a translation. 

So...Thank you all at Code Club AB for bringing Wurm into our homes and giving us the opportunity to experience your magical world know as Wurm. Here is to many more Adventures and Misadventures in that world. Thank you for everything you do for us the players. And I hope it continues to bring you as much Fortune as it has brought us so much enjoyable entertainment.

I hope others will give a good word here as well.

Jag letade på skärmdumpar och tänkte på hur häftigt det är att äntligen få se Wurm på ånga . Jag vet att ni har arbetat med detta projekt ( Wurm ) i flera år nu och har haft många upp- och nedgångar . Det har varit en riktigt lång väg för er och inte alla spelare var lätt att arbeta med . Jag ville bara ta en minut att säga tack för allt ditt dedikerade hårt arbete och för de helgdagar som du missade med din familjs att fastställa eller få saker redo för oss spelare. Jag vet inte om alla Code Club läser engelska så jag kommer att bokföra en annan med en översättning .

Så ... Tack alla på kod Club AB för att föra Wurm in i våra hem och ger oss möjlighet att uppleva din magiska världen veta som Wurm . Här är att många fler äventyr och Misadventures i den världen . Tack för allt du gör för oss spelare. Och jag hoppas att det fortsätter att ge dig så mycket Fortune som det har gett oss så mycket trevlig underhållning .

Edited by metis
  • Like 10

I want to echo this. I played Wurm a while back and loved it. All I wanted for years was for this game to be able to be hosted on a private dedicated server. Now that it's out, it's everything I hoped it would be and more :D I can finally load up a custom world and play it with my friends the way we want to play it.

I would also like to extent my thanks out to the developers! Wurm Unlimited is just yet another way I can enjoy my Wurm experiences. I've been really happy with Wurm Unlimited so far. You all (developers) have done a great job with this! 

While I personally have no intention (or time) to run WU and intend to stay on WO, I agree that this new way of playing Wurm is a monumental achievement. Great work all around!

Edited by Valdor

I have to say I had my doubts about Wurm Unlimited. Why play on a server by myself?

But I gave it a shot and I'm quite happy with it. I played in NW Indy.. cept for 1 neighbor who I saw occasionally, I played alone anyway.  People from my alliance don't play much these days. 

I modified my skills to be the cumulative highest of the skills on my three characters so I'm basically continuing on where I left off in WO.  Ok I might have pumped a few skills, like rope making and ship building but hey... hehe  I absolutely love the pristine lands... not all hacked up and abandoned areas everywhere.    I'm ready to walk away from WO.. My daughter tried WU and also loves it.  Now I just need to figure out what to do with my three deeds in WO..

edit.. and the best part? I'll never have to imp another iron lamp!

Edited by Mitzie
  • Like 1

I have to say I had my doubts about Wurm Unlimited. Why play on a server by myself?

But I gave it a shot and I'm quite happy with it. I played in NW Indy.. cept for 1 neighbor who I saw occasionally, I played alone anyway.  People from my alliance don't play much these days. 

I modified my skills to be the cumulative highest of the skills on my three characters so I'm basically continuing on where I left off in WO.  Ok I might have pumped a few skills, like rope making and ship building but hey... hehe  I absolutely love the pristine lands... not all hacked up and abandoned areas everywhere.    I'm ready to walk away from WO.. My daughter tried WU and also loves it.  Now I just need to figure out what to do with my three deeds in WO..

I gotta say, WU is perfect for me - I can't justify the massive amount of time WO demands (or rather the CONSISTENT amounts of time) and I can't usually buy premium or silver, so being able to play WO offline/with my friends on our own is awesome.

There's still some issues and there's some features I'd like to see added but it's clear they for sure put thought into WU - this wasn't a rush job, they actually considered the effects singleplayer gameplay could have. I was rooting around in the server and GM tools, and I saw things like "signleplayer bridge building" toggles, the skillgain/action timer modifiers, no deed upkeep (this  should be reworked a bit, though, so that there's no mention of money or whatever when you found a deed with that toggled on) - not only is it my favourite MMO in a format I can easily and often play, it's also designed FOR that style of play.

I've already poured over 26 hours into the game, most of it from just a single weekend - I've already purchased a copy for a friend and I plan to do so again for others until my little server gets a legitimate town going.

Thanks for all the work you guys put into WU, I'm loving it and I hope to see more good things.

The increased skill gain and lower action timers are really great.

I did reduce the farming time though because I could hardly do anything else besides farming, harvesting and replanting.

Ops. I replied by mistake. Please ignore.

PS: Still good job, Wurm team! :)

Edited by Valdor

I have waited a long for this to come, have been playing WO since 2007. Its like a breath of fresh air, having a group of friends together, planning the way the server should look (no other input from anyone else). So much more control and much less drama (Yah!).

Wurm Unlimited (for me) has been so much more fun to play (and way cheaper), made a huge deed (no extra charge) and 3 new chars (no extra charge) and have all the current char stats reflect a premium player (did I say no extra charge).  Mostly I really love the lack of a tedious grind that has always been a joy killer for me in WO.

I am actually enjoying playing the game now and not watching movies on the side waiting for skill gain to happen.

In my opinion, its like I am getting paid back for all of my monetary investment that I have contributed over the years for my original 8+ premium chars and 3+ deeds currently in WO (monthly charge = OUCH!). Although after playing WO for so long it will be hard for me to let go of my deeds and characters but the more I play WU the less that seems to matter to me.

I just want to take the time to offer a huge THANK YOU to everyone involved in making this WU experience possible. THANK YOU for all your time and effort that has gone into putting WU together and getting it working so well. You all have made playing Wurm fun again (IMHO) :)

Edited by Zelbane