Sign in to follow this  
Milso

Unable to start server with custom maps

OK i have tried a few times now and i can not get a custom map to load.

Launcher CMD shows "loading servers" but does not progress.

Wurm.log.0

http://pastebin.com/KWbvHCDv

Last lines:

INFO: Loading ids.

Oct 22, 2015 4:34:31 PM com.wurmonline.server.WurmId loadIdNumbers

INFO: Finished loading Wurm IDs, that took 0.557712 millis.

Then Nothing

Tried 2 different maps both generated by wurm-unlimited-map-generator

Map Files im trying to install...

dropbox.com/s/dqwn2iuwfd5yi5q/TIB8k.rar?dl=0

Cleared Databases on bother attempts

From some one elses post

STEP 1: Navigate to your WU directory or dedicated server directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher) or (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server) by default.

STEP 2: Copy the "Adventure" folder and paste it to make a new server folder ("Adventure" seems to work best?). (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher\Adventure - Copy) or (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Adventure - Copy).

STEP 3: Rename this folder to match your server (or what ever you want). For example: "\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher\MYSERVER" or "\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\MYSERVER". "MYSERVER" being anything you want it to be.

STEP 4: Copy your custom map files into your new server folder- they should overwrite the old ones. For reference the files you need are "flags.map", "map_cave.map", "resources.map", "rock_layer.map", and "top_layer.map"

STEP 5: In your server folder navigate to the folder "sqlite".

STEP 6: In the "sqlite" folder find and execute "rebuild-dbs.bat"; when prompted to continue in the command window, type "y" and press enter- wait until it finishes and states to "press any key to continue".

STEP 7: Start WU or the dedicated server. If starting WU go to "Manage server"

STEP 8: In the "Manage server" menu select your new server from the drop down menu on the top.

STEP 9: Edit your server settings and start your server

Just to let you know also, rebuildinf the database for adventure mode will wipe out all the missions etc for it.

Edited by bigsteve

I'm getting the same thing.  It's stuck on Loading Servers... I used the same method to load the custom map as bigsteve posted above.

Any suggestions?

Make a clean map, With the map generator tool, you must only save the map once, trying to save to an existing file does not work.

• Like 2

Ok, I think I figured it out.

Once you generated a map from the generator, you must save it by clicking on "Save Map Files" and waiting for a while for it to save completely.

You can then verify that it saved the map proper by using the Map viewer by Keenan and opening it successfully.

My previous problems were because it didn't save the map files completely and thus would be stuck at loading server.

• Like 2

Looks like my issue was corrupted Maps as well.  Bad luck that it was 4 of them in a row???