Sign in to follow this  
Jacklez

Linux Headless commands

Hey guys,

Got my server all set up and running just fine, I wondered if there were console commands when running the game in headless system?

I searched the forum but couldn't find any mention, apologies if this has been asked before.

Currently only found:

shutdown

Edited by Jacklez

At this stage i and just stopping it by shuting it down. i havnt had a look into how the windows gui does it once i do i will let you know. 

At this stage i and just stopping it by shuting it down. i havnt had a look into how the windows gui does it once i do i will let you know. 

The command shutdown will stop it after a few seconds, haven't found any more

• Like 1

I'm not sure I have it running correctly. After the line "Wurm Server launcher finished at Wed Oct 28 13:33:49 EDT 2015", the terminal returns to the bash prompt. I don't think this is right. Also the process does not appear in top, and I cannot see the server with the GUI.

I am somewhat reluctant to post my logs on a public forum, but if someone is willing to look at them I would be grateful.

Have you checked the log file called wurm.log.0 in your wu/server_name/Logs directory?

Sometimes it provides some clues to the problem.

Yes, that also had nothing after the line "Wurm Server launcher finished at Wed Oct 28 13:33:49 EDT 2015".

Howver I think I have made progress. I was running in the directory above where my executable was, to avoid the error:

[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.

However I have read that this error can be ignored once I copied the steamclient.so into nativelibs.

So, now the server is running, I can give it the shutdown command and it appears in top. 

However I still can't find it from the client GUI. Do I need to set the external ip in the db? It is currently blank.

I should mention the server setup is one I had running locally on my windows laptop.

Ok, I set the intraserveraddress to 127.0.0.1 and the externalip to the ip of my server that I got from the hosting company. I now have these lines in my logs:

INFO: Creating Wurm SocketServer on /<externalip>:3724

Oct 28, 2015 2:59:30 PM com.wurmonline.server.Server startRunning

INFO: The Wurm Server is listening on ip <externalip> and port 3724. Min time between same ip connections=1000

where <externalip> is the value I entered. 

Still not visible though

Ok, I set the intraserveraddress to 127.0.0.1 and the externalip to the ip of my server that I got from the hosting company. I now have these lines in my logs:

INFO: The Wurm Server is listening on ip <externalip> and port 3724. Min time between same ip connections=1000

Still not visible though

If it helps at all, I have no internal or external address in my wurmlogin.db, only the ports declared.

53ac25e3c9.png

I tried to set up a server using the wurmlogin.db from my Windows at first, but it never worked. So I set up a fresh copy on the linux machine and let it do it's thing, downloaded and changed the gameplay settings to what I wanted and it worked perfectly.

Edited by Jacklez

If it helps at all, I have no internal or external address in my wurmlogin.db, only the ports declared.

53ac25e3c9.png

I tried to set up a server using the wurmlogin.db from my Windows at first, but it never worked. So I set up a fresh copy on the linux machine and let it do it's thing, downloaded and changed the gameplay settings to what I wanted and it worked perfectly.

Are you using one of the pre-built maps or a custom one?

Are you using one of the pre-built maps or a custom one?

Pre-built, Creative_backup, although wurmlogin.db doesn't affect the map? (Aside from spawn locations, correct me if I'm wrong I've not meddled with custom yet)

Edited by Jacklez

You're probably right, but I was wondering if the problem was somewhere else.

However I think I discovered a problem with the java version, so I doing a fresh re-install without installing java first.

Still not visible though

The 'external' ip should be the IP address of your PC.  The 'internal' IP, I assume, is for if you have several PC's or VM's hosted so they can talk to each other, over a dedicated network either virtual (for VM instances) or real (multiple physical machines).

Personally I keep them both the same for my single server.

Having played around a bit with different PC situations, I've found that the Wurm server fails less if steamcmd is kept logged in and running, and then run the Wurm server through a second terminal.  You can do that with a command line program called screen.