Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

[WIP] Digging like Mining

Just installed this and it doesn't seem to work.

mods/digtoground/digtoground.jar

mods/digtoground.properties

Should work this way right?

Never mind, I started my server with the wrong launcher

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody

are there any other mods the replace the terraforming classes or methods in those classes?

7 hours ago, ago said:

Does your mod also work for level/flat actions?

Leveling does work (I needed that for a few tiles ;)). Flattening should work too but I've not tested it thoroughly. After all it's just creating a few dirts per tile. Not that big of an issue if it should not work.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ago said:

it's essentially a code example which drops all dug items to the ground. Dirt, sand, clay. Same for dredging.

Where does material end up when u dredge off a boat?   A dirt pile on the bottom of a lake could be awkward :)

Now this is a bit strange.

I downloaded the dig-to-ground from here:

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/download/v0.10/digtoground.zip

because i love when dirt is moving directly to ground and not into the inventory. But my game won't start then anymore. I moved the folder and the file both correctly into the mod-folder, but no WU starting. When i remove both files a gain it starts as usual.

Did i make something wrong ?

You likely have a conflict because there are a few different digging mods.

What are the folder names in your mods directory?

serverpacks

seasonconfiguremod

improvedimprove

custommap

connectionfix

dig to ground goes into the server mods folder not client mods folder

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oxnard said:

dig to ground goes into the server mods folder not client mods folder

Means i cannot use it on a public WU-server, only on my own ? Because i dont find a another mod folder.

yes can only be used on a dedicated server, in the mods folder of the server not a client.

3 minutes ago, oxnard said:

yes can only be used on a dedicated server, in the mods folder of the server not a client.

sigh, sorry to hear. thanks for the info

I am using this mod on a password protected public server. 

ALL this means is the server admin would have to install it.  If they are using a hosting service that allows them to use mods.

Would LOVE to have this, fed up with "you are not strong enough to carry more dirt" messages or having to manually dump the dirt into piles 4 or 5 at a time as it digs.

Can someone fix the level mechanic when you get the "hit rock in one corner" message? I can often continue one attempt at a time for several more until I get no more movement. OK, if I can't drop that corner down any more because it's rock, how about lifting the opposite corner up to meet it? I don't mind a small ramp, it's better than one dirt at a time clicking from a 45 degree angle up to almost level.

Levelling down also bugs me. When I lift the ground up to a level plane, I can shift 2 or even 3 dirt from my inventory to fill it at a time. When digging dirt from a higher spot to level downward, it only moves one at a time into my inventory. Why can't I do both corners simultaneously like I can when filling?

Edited by tryst49