Sign in to follow this  
SexyCrumpet

Hamachi and LAN for co-op wurm unlimited?

Hi Guys,

I have been so hyped for WU for such a long time now, as I have always wanted to tweak my gaming experience and it has been a long standing title that has been a favourite of mine and my friend since we first played it in around 2010 :) .

The fact me and my friend could play co-op on a server of our own was a big factor for the hype, so naturally the first thing we did was try to set up a server for ourselves!

However, I just can't seem to get the damn thing to work on LAN - or at least virtual LAN. Apologies if this has already been raised as a topic, but we have tried connecting via Hamachi and it just doesn't want to work, despite Hamachi working for various other games easily :huh:  .

Here are the problems I'm getting:

1. Can ping the server and see it in the LAN list
  2. Cannot connect and get retries each time I try to connect
  3. Can join other servers - so its not my network

I just want to hear you guys thoughts, and just find out any way/the best way to get a private co op server going via LAN or hamachi? Maybe if anyone else has achieved it and what the best route to go down is ^_^ .

Look forward to hearing what people have to say.  :D

Are you using a CAT5 with a standard RJ45 connector or are you using a cross over cable? Are you doing PC-to-PC or a using a router? You said V-LAN so again are you using a router? Are you behind a firewall and are the ports open? Did you check to see if your IP's are correct because you will have to do a direct IP connection from each. There is so much we don't know about your set up.

Edited by metis

In some ways I hope hamachi doesn't work.

Less reasons for people to set up a pirated version.

Are you using a CAT5 with a standard RJ45 connector or are you using a cross over cable? Are you doing PC-to-PC or a using a router? You said V-LAN so again are you using a router? Are you behind a firewall and are the ports open? Did you check to see if your IP's are correct because you will have to do a direct IP connection from each. There is so much we don't know about your set up.

Of course I'm using a cat 5 with an RJ45 :huh: (unless you use something other than ethernet to connect your internet), its an ethernet going into my wireless router, which goes back to my broadband router (also via ethernet). Although all that is irrelevant as I mentioned before, it's not to do with network setup, hence why I can connect to all other servers, so port forwarding isn't necessary.... Also Hamachi works with all my other games :wacko: . 

What do you mean "you need an IP from each" for a driect connection - is this a possible route I can explore? 

Edited by SexyCrumpet

Okay guys, quick update.

Just tried setting up a dedicated server and setting the external IP to my hamachi IvP4 address. This seemed to work fine for me (I could connect locally and my friend could also connect through the LAN tab).

If anyone else was having trouble I hope this helps  B)

Okay guys, quick update.

Just tried setting up a dedicated server and setting the external IP to my hamachi IvP4 address. This seemed to work fine for me (I could connect locally and my friend could also connect through the LAN tab).

If anyone else was having trouble I hope this helps  B)

I did this, and now my friend can connect, but I can't...

Hamachi doesn't seem to work for wurm unlimited. Reading steam forums, there is another vpn called evolve https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome

it worked for me, using the vpn ip it assigned on external and internal once its installed. if your running windows 10 you may need to do the a fix for the vpn to work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7il4PB2yuk

once set up, create a party, invite your friend, edit the ip areas and launch. we were able to connect through lan.