Sign in to follow this  
Serenia

Cannot see LAN server in Client Server Browser - Can in Steam Server Browser

Hi,

I was running my LAN server with no issues last night but it suddenly stopped showing in the game client server browser. I can still see it in the Steam server browser but I can't connect from there or see it in the in game one, anybody else having this issue or know what could be causing it?

It stopped showing after I edited the WORLDTIME figure in one of the SQL files but I've since deleted and redownloaded the server and it still won't show so I doubt it was that.

Cheers

Exact same problem, although my server isn't showing up in the Steam server browser either. I seem to remember yesterday when I would start the server it would say that it is connecting to the steam master server or something but it no longer does.

I am also having this issue with any of my servers. Based on the state of this subforum, I'm guessing it could be a while before this is resolved. :unsure:

I made a post yesterday about this as I had the same problem which I fixed.

I found the client needed to go through steam even to get local server to appear.

I needed to open up the router port forward options to see the server in LAN tab

TCP 3724

TCP and UDP 8766

UDP 27016-27030

Setting these fix Local server not appearing in LAN. Connecting to an internet server work before making the changes also.

If you have 2 network adaptor the server may bind to one NIC while the client is looking on the other could try disabling one and trying again

Unfortunately I've tried opening all of the ports (Even though I ran the server and connected to it fine before I'd opened them) and it didn't help. I also made sure I only have 1 network adapter enabled, it's just strange that it happened so suddenly. I'm stumped! Thanks for the suggestion though :)

I, as well, have tried with all of my ports forwarded and to no luck. However, it seems one of my network adapters was causing the problem, now. This network adapter was disabled earlier and was only turned back on after a reboot, so I am genuinely curious what the issue was before the fact.

I'll blame Java. B)

So enabling a disabled network adapter worked for you haha?

Edit - Right, I just ran the server from within the game client (Not the dedicated version) and it showed up straight away but obviously this isn't ideal. Could it be a windows firewall issue with the dedicated server? I've checked and every program involved has both an inbound and outbound rule in the firewall so I don't see why that would stop it.

Edited by Serenia

Have you got a firewall running on the workstation / Laptop can you see the server being presented on the outgoing ports.

may need to allow through the workstation firewall as well as the Router firewall.