Sign in to follow this  
drummerboyas157

new creative map rating

how does everyone like the premade creative map? how does it compare to other wurm maps in your opinion?

Edited by drummerboyas157

I'm digging it so far.  I've settled in the valley in the north on the coast and it's beautiful rolling country side. But it's hard to make a true comparison to the maps I've experienced on WO since I've only seen them after players have fiddled with them.  Even Xanadu, by the time I got there, people had their fingerprints all over it.

The one thing that is difficult doing from scratch is setting up mines.  Without any other players' influence on the land, there is zero indication of where veins may be without a good amount of work.

I don't like the default creative map i still have not found a map i like. Maybe i am just being to picky but i have made at least 20 custom maps and loaded them in and still nothing, lol

The Creative map has far too many mountains. That is a Rolf thing.  ;)

Maybe it's a Swedish thing lol

Its a map thing, a true to earth scale map would be boringly flat without any mountains and maybe the occasional hill.   There is no room on a small map to put mountains in the distance because mountains have large foothill bases that exceed the map size.

They seem to do mapmaking at 1dirt is 1m rather than the actual game units of 1 dirt is 1dm.  This is why there are rarely low sandy beaches in Wurm but plenty of hills running into the water.  

Also ....swedish fjords.....  

Even Skyrim did the same thing.

Edited by yarnevk

Rough going around the waters edge at times...but it's decent still to have a new untouched map :P

Edited by Uberknot

I would definitely like more rolling hills and plains, less sharp cliffs, but I can't complain too much.  I like my little spot on Northern Shores.  There's a secluded caldera just to my east that I'm making a mine tunnel down in to and that's kinda fun.