Sign in to follow this  
Kron

Removing White/Black Light (Altars)

I have a multi-server setup where I only want the altar of 3 (black and white lights) on the PvP server, not the PvE server in order to give more reasons to sail over to that island.  How do I remove them from this server permanently?  I've tried going to the lights and destroying the altars, but they just respawn after a server restart.

Didn't know they respawned after a server restart. I will also need to know how to do this

it is probably an entry in the database somewhere since you can summon it to move it and it will stay in the new location after restart.  Where in the DB i do not know, someone would have to search for it.

it is probably an entry in the database somewhere since you can summon it to move it and it will stay in the new location after restart.  Where in the DB i do not know, someone would have to search for it.

Might i ask how to move/summon them is that something that was covered in the GM threads? I have not had time to read through them yet.

Whoever placed the BL altar should undergo a sobriety test.

• Like 2

I do wish we had a blank WO like freedom pve server map with none of the spawn points or alters..etc

First thing i did was removed all the zones which you can spawn at, then their soulfall stones. i kept central lakes as it's a cool place to begin, and deeded permanent GM starter deed, 20 radius on that one exactly matching the central lakes zone.

Oh i also added a volcano for rare chance of moon metals, an a hota zone for fun minigame.

interestingly the hota zone became a 200x200 pvp zone in a pve map. ...fun:)

as for altars, you could make a reinforced cave on a far island, bury them and fill in the entrance then 'protect' the tiles from terraforming ..would that work in the interim till we find a way to disable them?

you can 'move' an altar by activating your wand and right clicking it, choose 'summon' in the list.  if you want to move it far, tag it and then you can summon it from out of range it will say summon 'item name' in the menu after you tag it.

I do wish we had a blank WO like freedom pve server map with none of the spawn points or alters..etc

before you launch the server, go into the sql folder for the server.  In there all the database tables are empty and there are .sql files to make the initial items in the database, just edit those and change or remove the initial entries.  They are all labeled the same format, starting with insert...  (insertwurmitems.sql) etc. etc.  They are just text files, should be easy for anyone.

How do we drop an Altar of Light/Dark when both already exist on a map? Can't seem to destroy it or anything.

you can suicide, then bury the corpse.  the altar will pop out and be on the ground.  the light will come after a server reset.

• Like 1

you can suicide, then bury the corpse.  the altar will pop out and be on the ground.  the light will come after a server reset.

Done that multiple times and it didn't work for me, and the light isn't in the sky for my altar of three.

well, that is what I was told by a dev.  When you restart the server, it is supposed to activate the altar and put the light.  I played with it a bit, and I got it working once only but can't seem to repeat it.

In the database you can see the first altar of three, it has bless as value 1 and enchant as value 5. I set those on the 2nd alter and restarted etc, didn't work.

Destroying the first altar from the database and restarting, all of a sudden the 2nd one works that I made and it has the light.  So maybe you can only have one per server i'm not sure.  Trying to retest I can't get the altar to even show now, i bury the corpse and no altar comes, even though it shows in the database as being at the location.

working for me with the summon trick every time. moved the altars 5x for testing

I figured this out...

Change settings in 2 tables:

Items Table

and then set holy to 1 or 0 in the EndGameItems table! :P

Although it could be a cool quest to show that libia has corrupted the altar of Three :P

I have a new PVP server going and the Huge Bone altar is set to Bless 4 and enchant 8 and it showing in-game but there is no black light coming from it and you cannot join libila as no inscription option. If you are already libila you can pray on it, but something is messed up. There are no other huge bone altars when I query the db.

Any ideas?