Sign in to follow this  
Ozgod

What Settings are you using?

So I've noticed that the settings for running your own server are pretty juiced up - so what changes, if any, have you made? I'm finding crops to be growing ridiculously fast - even at 0.1 they're growing faster than I care for them to.

What settings are you using (crops, skill gain, silver, etc.?)

So I've noticed that the settings for running your own server are pretty juiced up - so what changes, if any, have you made? I'm finding crops to be growing ridiculously fast - even at 0.1 they're growing faster than I care for them to.

What settings are you using (crops, skill gain, silver, etc.?)

For crops, I believe its how often the tick is with 1.0 = 1.0hrs, or it could be that it is usually done within 1 hour.

Still finding a balance such that I can plant it and have it done within 1 hour.

Edited by Argonite

For field growth lower values = faster growth, it expects input in hours. 

So if you feel that it's too fast for you, I would recommend increasing the value a bit.

Edit: Too distracted while replying so got beaten to the punch.

Worth noting is that the last poll time is not saved in the database, so it resets each time, currently to a time 6h back, but I will change that to ~10 min in the future to reduce the growth spurts when restarting.

Ah, ha - I was thinking lower timer, longer growth time. What is the timer about on live like?

Takes about 4 to 7 days to grow a crop in WO. Randomness of WO is the reason for the big spread.

Edited by Clatius

so I have been using 3x skill gain 2 actions I figure ill use 24 for growth. does that mean 24 hours for each stage or until harvest?

so I have been using 3x skill gain 2 actions I figure ill use 24 for growth. does that mean 24 hours for each stage or until harvest?

Edited by Uberknot

Now how long would you say it took you in WO to get mining from 1-20? trying to get an idea of how much faster my settings are

I find that .35 skill gain + 2x action speed is around WO .. however my characteristic skills are going up by only like .000004 each time. Seems kind of low. Everything else feels like WO though.

I have since changed to 2.5 skill gain and 3x action timer, also I dropped min mining hits to 40 and growth to 5(seems like once a day harvesting) I was trying to get some of the sit and watch the bar to go away. Now mining actions take 10sec which is much better for playing the game and not multitasking, with 30sec sure you could look at forums and everything else while mining, but I like the keep focused on the game speed so far. That should cut the making of planks and such to around 3 sec which I wouldnt want much lower.

Edited by drummerboyas157

Currently playing on x3 skills with epic curve on someones server.

Don't want to spend too long grinding on a private server to have it all lost in a few weeks if owner decides to shut down.

If I can figure out a way to run multiple clients, might run a solo server at more wurm-like rates.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 1

I have since changed to 2.5 skill gain and 4x action timer, also I dropped min mining hits to 40 and growth to 5(seems like once a day harvesting) I was trying to get some of the sit and watch the bar to go away. Now mining actions take 10sec which is much better for playing the game and not multitasking, with 30sec sure you could look at forums and everything else while mining, but I like the keep focused on the game speed so far. That should cut the making of planks and such to around 3 sec which I wouldnt want much lower.