Sign in to follow this  
Roame

"Vanilla" server settings?

I want to set up a server with the same parameters as the live Wurm Online servers.

Obviously I want to set the "Skill gain rate multiplier" and such stats to 1.0, the character skills to 20.0 and the other skills to 1.0, but is there anything else? What do I set the "Combat rating modifier" to, for example? 

Can anyone who is more familiar with WO write me a list, please?

Thanks. :)

Ive heard you just can't, the skill gain system is not the same as in WO.

All settings on "1".  1 is the base for WO.  Such as "combat rating multiplier".  1x1=1 ;)  But Lucas is correct.  Skill ticks are based on skill/success on WU, not on timers like WO.  This is so that people can have their timers set differently on WU and not get punished for it.  Also, WO has time sinks built in since it's a p2p model.  WU is not, so it works differently.

Ah, thank you for the combat rating tip.  I went back in to play with a server of mine and noticed the defauts made fighting way too easy.  Next question, if we want to make something more difficult than WO, can we use 0.5 to double the fight difficulty?  I intend to do the increased skill gains and riding day one, but also want my battles at level one to be HARD fought, to earn those skills.

Thank you!